Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

59 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

He's been based in Glasgow for a wee bit now and sells Herbalife with big Lee Mair.

Lee Mair *shudder*

This could either be a masterstroke, or the signing of a guy who has been retired for three years as the final throw of the dice. Goodwillie and Tade would've been some pairing a few years ago though. Woaft.

37 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

This could either be a masterstroke, or the signing of a guy who has been retired for three years as the final throw of the dice. Goodwillie and Tade would've been some pairing a few years ago though. Woaft.

Yeah, I think on the surface it would seem like a bit of a bizarre move - given our recent propensity for starting the season with Goodwillie as our only out-and-out striker paired with the fact we've already signed Robert Jones and Kieran McGrath - which maybe indicates a different style of play this season if he were to sign.

For all we know, he could have taken a step back from football after making a bit of money to set up his own business and get settled with his family before returning to the game, which can happen. Going by just looking at his IG profile he seems in better nick now than he did when he was a full time footballer, although being ripped and being match fit are completely different sides of the coin.

So if Tade signs, that gives us 21 signed players. I can't see too much more being added to the squad after that. Only one right back but Cuddihy can cover in there. I'd like another centre half with some legs but we can all dream.

GKs: Mitchell, Vajs

RBs: Mortimer

CBs: Rumsby, Page, Balatoni

LBs: Livingstone, Docherty, Cassidy

CMs: Cuddihy, Gomis, Nicoll, Splaine, McCormack

Wide: Robinson, Love, Cunningham

STs: Goodwillie, McGrath, Jones, Tade

Edited by Brian Carrigan

If Gomis is going to be our next legend then maybe the "Jimmy Gomis Chant" from his Dundee United days may be a good shout, check it out on you tube or www.fanschants.com

Change the lyrics from " Jimmy Gomis f$@king hates Dundee" to "Jimmy Gomis loves the Bully Wee" nah nah nah nah nah etc..............

2 hours ago, C. Muir said:

The only trialist was Tade. Everyone else that featured is signed. 

Unless the particular rule has changed, you can't field trialists in the Betfred Cup IIRC.

I see, thought from the way the commentator was talking we'd quite a few trialists.  True enough about the Betfred, suppose I just keep thinking about that as if it were glorified friendlies.  Wouldn't be the worst idea for clubs to be allowed to still field trialists at that stage as it's still so early ahead of the league starting, give them a chance to fine tune their squads without rushing.

I'm not a huge fan of having loads of loanees, but seems to be we've a lot of experience in so ironically it probably would be ideal to get a couple quality youngsters in around that now, particularly midfield, bring some legs while getting the chance to learn from those around them.  Last season they didn't really have that so didn't benefit either party.

From the little I saw, looked like Gomis and Nicol linked up pretty well, but again got to think in terms of a long season, how the legs will hold up.  Maybe whoever else they have in will be fine as it is.   Was that the new right back playing last night ?  Wasn't so sure from what I saw in the first half, but maybe he came onto a game later on.  

35 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Was that the new right back playing last night ?  Wasn't so sure from what I saw in the first half, but maybe he came onto a game later on.  

Aye Mortimer was RB in the first half and agree looked quite shaky. Cuddihy played RB in the 2nd half. I think the team was posted earlier in the thread but to save looking back..

First Half 

Mitchell
Mortimer - Rumsby - Page - Docherty
Cuddihy - Splaine - Gomis - Cunningham
Love - Goodwillie 

Second Half 

Mitchell
Cuddihy - Balatoni - Page - Docherty (Cassidy)
Robinson - Splaine - Nicoll - Gomis - Goodwillie (Tade)
McGrath

48 minutes ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

If Gomis is going to be our next legend then maybe the "Jimmy Gomis Chant" from his Dundee United days may be a good shout, check it out on you tube or www.fanschants.com

Change the lyrics from " Jimmy Gomis f$@king hates Dundee" to "Jimmy Gomis loves the Bully Wee" nah nah nah nah nah etc..............

Not sure that scans.  

Where's Gregory Tade been for these last few years? His Wikipedia hasn't been updated in yonks, but I take it he was still out in Qatar or something?
Swapping the Doha megabucks for Scottish League One. Fair play to him.
Quite fancied this as a chant for Tade.
However, I think it needs some work on the rhyming.

2 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Aye Mortimer was RB in the first half and agree looked quite shaky. Cuddihy played RB in the 2nd half. I think the team was posted earlier in the thread but to save looking back..

First Half 

Mitchell
Mortimer - Rumsby - Page - Docherty
Cuddihy - Splaine - Gomis - Cunningham
Love - Goodwillie 

Second Half 

Mitchell
Cuddihy - Balatoni - Page - Docherty (Cassidy)
Robinson - Splaine - Nicoll - Gomis - Goodwillie (Tade)
McGrath

Cheers, right aye I see.  I was watchin on & off first half then about first 10 of second.  Again, don't read too much into things at this stage but thought the central defenders did a decent enough job from what I saw.  Switch to 5 midfield in second seemed to suit quite well though the lad up front a wee bit isolated.  Maybe that improved as game went on, obviously can't say as I didn't see it. 

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

We have had some blistering starts to seasons only to us sink into mid table mediocrity by the September weekend.

In the 80's I remember Des Walker scoring great goals for fun and then Adam Proudlock giving us early day hope roundabout Y2K.

What a start to a season that was. Didn't we score 5 in back to back games? One of them V Thistle where they had 2 sent off? Davie Irons and someone else. Lambie said they would never play for the club again, then they were back by Christmas?

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

We have had some blistering starts to seasons only to us sink into mid table mediocrity by the September weekend.

In the 80's I remember Des Walker scoring great goals for fun and then Adam Proudlock giving us early day hope roundabout Y2K.

Des Walker, Willie Waters, John Mailer, they were scoring goals for fun that season. The first 3 games, beat Dumbarton 5-0, Forfar 5-3, Morton 5-1 in the league cup, it’s soon fizzled out unfortunately, if I’m not mistaken we handled Thistle their arses 4-1 a couple of times that season also.