Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Will give him a chance but despite him only apparently being there because of reasons outside football, it still seems astonishing that Lennon has looked at Brechin's last couple of seasons and thought signing any of their players was a good idea. 

Edited by C. Muir

10 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Not sure I agree here.

Balatoni is an upgrade on McNiff, even if only for the fact that he caved and shaved what was left of his barnet off years ago.

Bain was rubbish for us. I wanted him to be good and he looked a player before but it didn't work out. Mortimer likely won't be any worse.

Syvertsen I'll admit was superb *when he played*, which was essentially never because he was so injury prone, so comparing Jones to him is pretty moot.

I'm comparing McNiff and Rumsby.

Bain was indeed rubbish for Clyde. I'm not convinced Mortimer will be better at all and he's certainly not a League 1 full-back.

A Syvertsen who plays one game a season will have more of a positive impact than Jones.

Page was decent at East Fife. If we had signed him after the season they beat us to the title I'd have been delighted. Seemed to have a total nightmare at Airdrie. It might work out well, I'm certainly more hopeful than with the other two, but it doesn't do anything to move away from the idea that we're just signing anyone who is still available having missed the boat on numerous better players

Page. Mhmm. Aye... That's... That's a worry now. If he's the last defender we sign and we don't play a three/five across the back, I'd be very worried about the heart of our defence. And even then...

It would be good if our next round of signings featured a player or two whose stock had traded upward in the last few years.

I don’t understand why we can’t pick up decent players from teams around us. These signings today show either one of 5 things for Danny and the recruitment team.

They can’t attract players or players don’t want to play for Clyde.

They  can’t identify players of real quality. 

Other teams are out manoeuvring us in the transfer market and are throwing more money about

Danny is still stuck in the idea he wants players with a certain mindset over quality. 

A mix of all 4

Rob Jones is the type of player I wanted us to sign but not necessarily him. Mortimer the jury is out on and Page has been getting horror show reviews from Brechin fans. Will give the new signings time as always but we need some quality.