Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

45 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Na you never, I completely made that rumour up.

Damn you...!

Well I'll compensate with another piece of positivity then. He's a left footed central defender and there aren't a lot of good ones going around. That's another point in his favour and it probably featured in Danny's thinking. He does like to play out from the back and being able to go out to both sides would be an improvement. McNiff didn't help much with that.

I'll also say that, as I remember him, Balatoni's quite good at reading the game. That's something we lost with Lang. And he isn't a timid defender in the way that some of the more technically gifted central defenders are these days.

Like I say, if we could get a right good aerially dominant centre back to play beside him it could actually be a good bit of business.

Edited by Clydeside
Correction: can play with his left (not left footed).

34 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Wit?

If by that you mean he isn't then yes, you're right. I see some websites listing him as right footer. However, I'm absolutely certain he's good with his left. I should've put it that way in the first place.

I had a wee poke around the net there because you had me doubting. There's a highlight reel from his time at Thistle which confirms my memory. Plenty of right and left footed dribbles, passes and interceptions.

Quite an underrated positive attribute that. Some of his predecessors couldn't dribble with either foot.

Edited by Clydeside

16 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

He any good? 

If you are looking for a player that can run for about 15 minutes before blowing out his arse then he is ideal 

has ability. good game 1/10 matches but always unfit and clearly no intention of getting fit, the reason he was released 

Scored a couple of nice goals last season but no one that upset he is gone.. I probably would have kept him as a squad player but won’t lose sleep over it 

53 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I thought Lamont had already signed for Stranraer?

Something to do with their management team jumping ship to Dumbarton that made Lamont want to cancel his move I think.

Genuinely surprised at Lamont getting a gig at Alloa. Cracking wee guy and when on his game, a terrific wee player. Unfortunately he only turns it on now and again and lastly his fitness is a fucking shambles for a professional football player. 

I wish the lad all the best of luck but I can't see him and Ferguson getting on well after a few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Broadwood limited to 480 spectaculars 😂

Farcical in an 8000 seat stadium with three separate stands but presumably for reasons of ease/cost the main stand only will be used.

Even having 480 folk in your rather large main stand is farcical.

We also need to wear face coverings throughout. Absolutely bonkers sitting with a face mask on when outside. I'd absolutely love to know the justification for that (I appreciate it probably has nothing to do with Clyde).

Meanwhile they're letting full capacity crowds at baseball in the USA, no masks.