Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Dylan Easton was lying when he said we were the biggest/best part-time team, wasn't he?

At least they've not had the cheek to ask us for money for season tickets and the like. 

I reckon pre season training will be back next weekend at the latest so they'll need to get moving.

Edited by David W

1 hour ago, David W said:

Dylan Easton was lying when he said we were the biggest/best part-time team, wasn't he?

At least they've not had the cheek to ask us for money for season tickets and the like. 

I reckon pre season training will be back next weekend at the latest so they'll need to get moving.

How was Dylan Easton at you guys,    magic man or sand dancer......

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

He was great for five games. Scored a couple of beautiful goals, one against a Celtic XI in a friendly and one on his league debut against Montrose. Unfortunately, he was crocked against Arbroath a few games later and that was the last we saw of him.

16 minutes ago, Passionate said:

He was terrific. We played Kilmarnock in his first competitive game and they couldn't get near him. He was thoroughly entertaining to watch albeit a wee bit irritating in that he'd sometimes keep the ball himself rather than passing it. I'll be honest, it didn't actually irritate me at all. What surprised me most was the number of times he won the ball back high up the pitch. He got injured in September and still finished third in assists for the season. 

What's clear I think is that the team has to be built around him. And that will have an impact if he ends up missing a run of games. Following that injury we just got progressively worse.

Two years ago that'd be a great signing, now not so much. I'm pretty sure Edinburgh had started using him sparingly at the end of the season, whether that was fitness related or not I'm unsure.

ETA: Big Bad Conrad does having a passing resemblance to Pat Scullion, though, so he will be afforded greater patience than most in these quarters [emoji8]

I’m pleased enough with that, certainly a class act in his day.

He is 30? Surely not, I thought he’d be 35 at least. If that was the case then I’m delighted. 
The Balatoni I watched for Edinburgh couple of years ago was better than Howie or in fact Lang (on last seasons performances). Fingers crossed we are still getting that player. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

He certainly played like he was 35 the last couple of times we played them. Albeit having been excellent on the previous occasions.

That said, he is a major improvement on the current situation. Can easily see him being a good partner for a certain type of centre half.

27 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Thank god everyone is pleased with this signing, i wasn't sure, initially i thought he was well into his 30's  but  i do remember he was a very capable CH. Hopefully he still has another good season or 2 in him.

Can I express some doubt?  On his Twitter page, Balatoni describes himself as an ex footballer!😮