Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I’m assuming we’ll start to see the fruits of the labour from Diamond and the other members of the scouting division soon because so far all of these signings have Lennon’s fingerprints on them.

A few more Otoos and Jamiesons wouldn’t go amiss.

2 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Another thing - do we know what’s happened with Vajs? Is he the back up or are we likely needing someone for that spot now?

Apparently Wilson wants more game time so he is looking for another club So room for vajs if he is content with the bench. 

Quite happy with Livingstone signing. I wasn't as impressed with him in his first stint with us as some were, but he's a proper left back and better than any permanent option we've had there for a while.

48 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Quite happy with Livingstone signing. I wasn't as impressed with him in his first stint with us as some were, but he's a proper left back and better than any permanent option we've had there for a while.

He wasn't very good when he was asked to defend. Had an absolute nightmare up at Raith. Doesn't seem to have done well at Cove either, contrary to DL's comments.

I am not too unhappy with this actually but I don't see how this fits in with some of the players we have signed/retained. We aren't going to dominate a game like we did when he played well in his previous spell with the likes of Nicoll, Doherty and Rumsby kicking about.

Agree with most of that, although I don’t think Rumsby is anywhere near as bad as others do. Certainly not any worse that any of our CH’s performed last year and I include the disappointment that Lang was in that. But opinions and all that.

My main worry so far and I sincerely hope it’s early days but we desperately need some quality and pace,  particularly in midfield. So far other that Goodwillie there is zero players who fit that description. I get Gomes has quality or at least hopefully still has. 

As I say hopefully early days but little bit concerned we are falling into the usual uninspiring signings although suppose with one or two not re-signing there is a bit of budget to offer.

2 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

I’m assuming we’ll start to see the fruits of the labour from Diamond and the other members of the scouting division soon because so far all of these signings have Lennon’s fingerprints on them.

A few more Otoos and Jamiesons wouldn’t go amiss.

On what basis are we likely to see the fruits of their Labour? 

I did like Kristoff but was one of the most overrated players we have had in years, I always felt he would come very good but it just didn’t happen don’t think he could get used to the Scottish style of play and between that and injuries, all the memories I have of him is that beautiful goal against Annan the rest is him losing possession but all the best to him I think he could still go on to have a respectable career 🇳🇴