Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

No, genuinely it took a lot for me to come back after that. I definitely made the wrong choice and should have stuck to my principles but I'm stupid enough to allow this club and the badge to mean something to me. There were times before games where I'd be sitting in the car park and have to go home. We all have ways of justifying ignoring these things though and I'm well aware of my own hypocrisy.

I think though yes, we're all aware that Conservative/governmental ineptitude has caused literally thousands of deaths and a lot of suffering, including amongst people I know, so when I see someone openly speaking in support of that government at such a sensitive time it absolutely reeks.

I get there are few people on here that want to engage in a discussion on the morality of these things and most folk want to keep everything separate, but I am myself a card carrying Clyde fan and have as much right to air my grievances on this literal public forum as anyone else does, so I suppose I don't actually care what you do or do not want to talk about and you're simply wasting your time replying to me.

Says it all. Shame you are a Clyde supporter with that attitude. Old firm is a better place for people like you.

10 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

No, genuinely it took a lot for me to come back after that. I definitely made the wrong choice and should have stuck to my principles but I'm stupid enough to allow this club and the badge to mean something to me. There were times before games where I'd be sitting in the car park and have to go home. We all have ways of justifying ignoring these things though and I'm well aware of my own hypocrisy.

I think though yes, we're all aware that Conservative/governmental ineptitude has caused literally thousands of deaths and a lot of suffering, including amongst people I know, so when I see someone openly speaking in support of that government at such a sensitive time it absolutely reeks.

You must've had numerous Tory voters play for you though, I find it mad that just because one guy is open about it you wouldn't have him at your club. And I hate Tories as much as the next guy. Keep this shit out of football. 

26 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Says it all. Shame you are a Clyde supporter with that attitude. Old firm is a better place for people like you.

This is one of the weirdest comments I've seen on this forum for a long time, given that you want to keep politics out of football and the player in question is the one tweeting and talking politics, and that is saying something - but ok, ya got me, I'll go and support Celtic now.

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You must've had numerous Tory voters play for you though, I find it mad that just because one guy is open about it you wouldn't have him at your club. And I hate Tories as much as the next guy. Keep this shit out of football. 

Yeah we will have, but in light of recent events (namely, the bumbling ineptitude and downright corruption and evilness in light of a global pandemic and the continuing support/armament of Israel in the Gaza conflict) I find it increasingly difficult to stomach people that support the party, and shout it from the rooftops as if it's some kind of bizarre badge of honour. We're all dealing with shit right now, directly or indirectly caused by the Tories, so proclaiming your stance as a bootlicker at the moment really makes me sick to the stomach at worst and at best, seems like its in incredibly bad taste. As I've said I understand my own hypocrisy here and Craig Watsons opinions likely just represent the tip of the spear.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

I view Crichton the same as I view Morgyn Neill. A decent player but again, it will depend on how we're planning to set up. If we stuck him next to Rumsby and played our fullbacks over the halfway line then we'll be destroyed. I'd probably only sign him if we decided to go to a back three.

I have the fear we'll sign Thomson based on his two good performances a season against Clyde. Steer clear of wingers please.

5 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This is one of the weirdest comments I've seen on this forum for a long time, given that you want to keep politics out of football and the player in question is the one tweeting and talking politics, and that is saying something - but ok, ya got me, I'll go and support Celtic now.

Yeah we will have, but in light of recent events (namely, the bumbling ineptitude and downright corruption and evilness in light of a global pandemic and the continuing support/armament of Israel in the Gaza conflict) I find it increasingly difficult to stomach people that support the party, and shout it from the rooftops as if it's some kind of bizarre badge of honour. We're all dealing with shit right now, directly or indirectly caused by the Tories, so proclaiming your stance as a bootlicker at the moment really makes me sick to the stomach at worst and at best, seems like its in incredibly bad taste. As I've said I understand my own hypocrisy here and Craig Watsons opinions likely just represent the tip of the spear.

image.jpeg.e383a73e7258455b4d51548cbca16fde.jpeg

31 minutes ago, David W said:

I view Crichton the same as I view Morgyn Neill. A decent player but again, it will depend on how we're planning to set up. If we stuck him next to Rumsby and played our fullbacks over the halfway line then we'll be destroyed. I'd probably only sign him if we decided to go to a back three.

I have the fear we'll sign Thomson based on his two good performances a season against Clyde. Steer clear of wingers please.

I agree, but I think Crichton is a better, more experienced player than Neill, so if we're going for any of these lads I'd want Crichton.

2 hours ago, David W said:

I was going to say that, as much as I like big Sean, him and Rumsby together would be a bit of a disaster. He's a good big player but struggles if he has a bombscare or incompetent defender beside him. Or even if he's just the better of the two at times. His best games for Airdrie have been alongside Calum Fordyce. Stenny fans seem convinced he's signing for them anyway.

Thomson has pace and is tricky and direct. Which can make him a threat at this level, but that's really about all he offers. His final ball and output is dreadful. Think he scored two goals both seasons he played for us, which is crap for a player of his ostensible skill level, and I barely remember him setting up any goals. His best spell for us actually came during our recent run to the play-off final where he scored or set-up important goals against Dumbarton (a), Falkirk (h) and the winner in the semis against Cove. I actually thought that might have been enough to get him a new deal but I don't think any Airdrie fan will be upset he's been released. FWIW he was awful in both games against Morton in the play-off final, running into players and needlessly gave away the corner for the winner in the first leg. I still think he'll sign for another League 1 club but mid-table League 1 level is very much his ceiling. 

3 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I get there are few people on here that want to engage in a discussion on the morality of these things and most folk want to keep everything separate, but I am myself a card carrying Clyde fan and have as much right to air my grievances on this literal public forum as anyone else does, so I suppose I don't actually care what you do or do not want to talk about and you're simply wasting your time replying to me.

Talk about digging a hole