Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

56 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Well 6 of my shouts are in it. No Lamont v Dunfermline or my 2nd and your 1st Cunningham at Peterhead :lol: 

I'd love to see Jimmy Bullard  try to score Cunningham's goal. 

Guest andyp1301
4 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Howie and strong commanding CH would be fine providing Howie stays - should be our first priority

Wee rumour knocking about....probably coming from someone Howie works with......

4 minutes ago, Jack Phillips said:

Martin McNiff signed for stirling, good signing for them. He will do well at that level again.

Safe to say Rutkiewicz enjoyed that Clyde team of a couple of seasons back then.

Declan Fitzpatrick and Karim Belmokhtar next up.

Good chance be playing against us. We resigned TL when we had howie and 2CBs to play beside him. Shifted natural very good CH to RB and he looked lost.

Huge loss but when we didnt play him cant blame lad for leaving when TL funds should have been used for midfield options at time or this season when further funds would have been paid by dunfermline.

Best of luck Howie

My worry with Howie going is that he was originally brought in as the Tom Lang replacement. With Howie and Lang now both away it leaves us with Scott Rumsby *shudders* as our only centre half (assuming he signs on). That’s another three centre halves we need to sign and I’m genuinely struggling to think of three we could afford who would be able to make the step up/step down to replace them.

Neill from Dumbarton would be a decent heid the ba’ centre half but you would like to think we would be looking at better now surely?

You would like to think with the personal that we have in the management team of Danny Lennon and Allan Moore. Sporting Director Graham Diamond and head of recruitment PJ Corr that we would make some decent signings but after January I’m a bit anxious of what’s to come but only time will tell I guess.

Edited by Jack Phillips

31 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

He is decent enough but hardly Big Marko.. we move on and get similar player in who might play 80% of the season without injury.

It's not really that simple though, is it? 

Howie is the only player that I think it was unanimous, or close to, that we should retain. Along with Mitchell, Goodwillie and Lang, he was the only player who was a clear, League 1 standard player. Not outstanding but he's the kind of player that Montrose and East Fife have throughout their squad and that they retain year on year.

If it was a case of replacing him, then fair enough, you'd be right. However, we also need to replace a better player in Lang and also McNiff as well. Finding three centre halves (assuming Rumsby signs, fingers crossed he doesn't and we're looking for four) will be a real struggle, never mind the fact we need multiple full-backs, an entire midfield and some sort of attacking talent. With Lennon's record in recruiting players, losing one of the few competent ones that we had is a complete disaster.