Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

29 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Thought Gordon Thomson in saying about 'disappointing fixture calendar' and 'a heavily congested fixture card's was saying something different from Danny's  'I'd still rather play all 27 matches, but if we can't do that, then my preference is 22 as opposed to just 18.'

Wish I shared DL's optimism

In my humble opinion, without knowing all the facts, Null and Void was the answer. Any risk of going back down is not worth kicking-off the season again.

56 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

In my humble opinion, without knowing all the facts, Null and Void was the answer. Any risk of going back down is not worth kicking-off the season again.

Bit of self preservation then? Continual calls from fans to N and V is rather tiresome. We will not be in a stronger place  come August either.

17 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

Will pixilot be allowed in to film the s games

Would think they must be on the basis the only reason I can think we have this ridiculous fixture schedule is to accommodate the 4 extra games taking it to the 22.  I'm assuming we still have playoffs after those.

The only reason I can think the clubs wanted these extra 4 games was to squeeze as much out of PPV on Youtube as possible.  So they're driving their own players into the ground for the sake of a few extra quid on a platform the majority of supporters don't even use.  Insane.

Just had a read at the update the club sent out, what a great guy Norrie Innes is...
We need to start seeing through people like him who are supposedly all for the club. 
Luckily, despite being a season ticket holder and contributer to 1877 Rewards, I'm in glorious ignorance about any of this.

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
16 hours ago, SLClyde said:
Just had a read at the update the club sent out, what a great guy Norrie Innes is...
We need to start seeing through people like him who are supposedly all for the club. 

Luckily, despite being a season ticket holder and contributer to 1877 Rewards, I'm in glorious ignorance about any of this.

🙈🙉 I made the mistake of asking the question.

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:
16 hours ago, SLClyde said:

It was in response to queries submitted prior to the AGM, which caused the AGM to be cancelled. 

The whole situation makes me feel our support need to address an apology to the authorities regarding the Declan Fitzpatrick situation. Things seem to slip through the cracks with alarming regularity.

47 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Just seen Stirling have loaned Jordan Allan, Darryl Meggatt and Jordan Kirkpatrick from Darvel. All 3 of them would walk into our XI 

Darvel are also firing money out like it’s going out of fashion, there’s no way we could cover the wages. 

18 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Why are we not tapping into non league for experiance whilst these teams no playing or probably paying their players. Thistle and Stirling just a few clubs bringing in likes of Erskine. Bell and Kirkpatrick. All choking just to play

That’s definitely an Avenue we should be exploring instead of these rangers and st Mirren kids that have been brought in.

22 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Why are we not tapping into non league for experiance whilst these teams no playing or probably paying their players. Thistle and Stirling just a few clubs bringing in likes of Erskine. Bell and Kirkpatrick. All choking just to play

Wages is my guess. Perhaps we need the money set aside for other things? See above re Board announcements.

14 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Darvel are also firing money out like it’s going out of fashion, there’s no way we could cover the wages. 

29 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Wages is my guess. Perhaps we need the money set aside for other things? See above re Board announcements.

If Stirling managed to get these guys in then I doubt they'll be paying their full wages, more likely a small percentage if anything at all. Clubs like EK, Kelty, Darvel will just be happy their players are getting games under their belts while their leagues remain shut down. Unless Stirling have plenty of money to throw about and are covering their full wages then I stand corrected. 

As said above, it's just frustrating seeing several clubs in League 1 and 2 bring in experienced loanees and our loan slots are filled with weans who have never or barely kicked a ball at senior level. 

Edited by C. Muir