Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Well done to all involved to get the stream working for today, a few times the camera panned away from the play but that’s probably more to do with pixellot than us, overall can’t have any complaints. Commentator made it a lot better too. 

Thought we looked really good first half, shame we let Dumbarton back in at the end. Superb strike from Cuddihy. 

Second half both teams were a bit flat. For a first competitive game in 7 months can’t have any complaints.

Thought Josh Jack was at the centre of a lot that we did today, keen to see him and Henderson when he’s back. Pleased Cunningham got his first goal for us as well. 

Didn't see the game but on paper at least that's one of the strongest squads we've had in a very long time with impressive attacking options in particular

I have my own preference as the centre back pairing but if we stay clear of the horrendous injuries we had this time last year, we should be aiming at a healthy playoff position at least this season.  Good start from the lads today

I thought Bain looked like a natural right-back. Supported the attacks well, put in a terrific cross for Goodwillie. Knows where to position himself defensively and has good pace. I think he showed what the Forfar fans said; that he's a solid League 1 player. Nothing more than that, but it's a big improvement on Lyon/Duffie/Cuddihy. 

Cuddihy was my man of the match; a great performance full of energy and determination. Superb goal. Ray Grant was terrific playing deep because he read the game so well, time will tell if Cuddihy can make up the difference with running and a bit more physicality. 

We know Cunningham is potentially a class act and he should add goals which we've lacked outside Goodwillie. He knew exactly what he was doing with that ball before it left Jack's foot. 

Jack has a bit of class on the ball, looks a good player. The second half Dumbarton adjusted to him and he dropped out of it. That's what he's here to learn about. Whilst that trio did well today, I think we are still missing something in that area of the pitch.

Shiels is a big worry for me. There's so much about him which screams that he should be a good player, but then you see how badly he was turned for the first Dumbarton goal. Other wee bits of poor positioning and trying to sort his feet out. He wasn't convincing up against a centre half playing right wing today, he'll have an even bigger test on Tuesday against Calumn Morrison. What I'd say though, is that he'll benefit from playing in a team that plays and presses high up the pitch.

We'll also really struggle defending set pieces. Apart from Lang and McNiff we don't have much aerial presence at all. I know he won't do it, and we haven't had the players for it since he came in, but a 352 seems to fit the squad we have this season and would allow us to bring Howie in. That said, I also quite like the 442 with the diamond we played when we brought Lamont/Syvertsen on. A bit of flexibility will probably be needed this year.

I think Tuesday will be a fascinating test as the polar opposite of this game, as we'll need to rely more on a defensive shape and our counter attack. 

I'd certainly be feeling more nervous about this season if I was a Dumbarton fan on that showing. Duffyball will need to go into overdrive as they have absolutely nothing going forward. 

Logged on through your website to stream the game yesterday. Was a bit worried when it didn’t kick in as planned at 2:45pm after the problems we had for our stream against Dunfermline midweek. Quick email enquiry to your website and I had a response in less than 5mins and the stream went live shortly after. Quality was bette than I expected too and thought the commentary was decent. Well done. Good value at £6 but guess it’ll be closer to a tenner for the league stuff, which is still good value imo.

Thought Clyde looked a decent outfit yesterday and with a bit of luck and some additions you guys could be in with a promotion playoff shout. Expect the games between us to be pretty close this year but at the moment you appear to have a better balance to your squad with players a bit sharper.

Stream was excellent considering teething problems at other clubs prior to saturday..

Thought we played quite well for first competitive back & things will naturally improve with game time..

My only slight criticism was the often long ball and we miss a Mcstay type to link up the play and get us back to our passing game under DL..

Yer mithers pride[emoji1267]

Good highlights package and the commentary is decent, too.

Some great passing and moving throughout. A few excellent killer through balls in the final third as well. Cuddidhy's goal was some strike but it looks like the keeper should be doing alot better.

I actually think it was a penalty. Not the worst foul in the box I've ever seen but I wouldn't say its soft either.

From the highlights shown Dumbarton look weak up top and in the middle of the midfield.

We probably could've and should've won by more. A good start to competitive action after a long 7 months out.