Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

18 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
20 hours ago, ATLIS said:
So lads, how did Gregg Wylde turn out in the end?

emoji3.png 

Shite but he didn't look very fit to be fair.

Was the same with us, from the looks of it he has no intention of getting properly fit. Just stuck wanting to f**k about

Was the same with us, from the looks of it he has no intention of getting properly fit. Just stuck wanting to f**k about
I honestly cannot remember him doing anything of consequence during a match. Not a pass, not a tackle or even a cross. Pointless signing.

14 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Struggling to understand the concept of a 27 game season. Scrap the challenge Cup for starters and maybe the league Cup as well and play mid week games. 

My personal preference is we use this opportunity to switch to a summer season and restart the league in February next year. 

Play during the Euros as well

Then we have Brora complaining now from a team who didnt fancy beating Montrose over 2 legs few year ago..
If they were invited in they would then be hitting out with some excuse not to be in the league. Why anyone listens to the Brora Chairman is beyond me

36 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:
3 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:
If they were invited in they would then be hitting out with some excuse not to be in the league. Why anyone listens to the Brora Chairman is beyond me

Yip. Suits them this year but not 5year ago against a very poor montrose team and possibly even threw away , sorry 2 nil first leg lead

And look at us now what a turnaround!😉

Edited by mo83
missed a word

Graham Diamond was on a 20 minute podcast with Celtic state of mind yesterday, sounds like the idea of releasing players we would have usually kept before this pandemic could be away and we will look to bring in players on loan for free from clubs in better leagues.

From what they said sounds like Graham has done a lot of developing youth players at Celtic so hopefully if this happens Celtic can do us a turn and help Graham and Clyde our with some decent players to get experience.

4 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Graham Diamond was on a 20 minute podcast with Celtic state of mind yesterday, sounds like the idea of releasing players we would have usually kept before this pandemic could be away and we will look to bring in players on loan for free from clubs in better leagues.

From what they said sounds like Graham has done a lot of developing youth players at Celtic so hopefully if this happens Celtic can do us a turn and help Graham and Clyde our with some decent players to get experience.

^^^Celtic Colts in League 1 for this pish.

Who knows when one can actually watch a  game again but well done the Clyde with bronze out of the 42 clubs for the third highest growth in crowds last season  up 48.4% to a fairly respectable 947 and probably double the lows of two or three seasons ago.  Only Dundee Utd up 67% and Arbroath +54% did better. Clyde were the 26th best supported club in the country again a big improvement on recent years.  Clearly some of that was down to some big away gates with Falkirk but still suggests a healthy improvement underlying. 

https://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/avesco.htm

Who knows when one can actually watch a  game again but well done the Clyde with bronze out of the 42 clubs for the third highest growth in crowds last season  up 48.4% to a fairly respectable 947 and probably double the lows of two or three seasons ago.  Only Dundee Utd up 67% and Arbroath +54% did better. Clyde were the 26th best supported club in the country again a big improvement on recent years.  Clearly some of that was down to some big away gates with Falkirk but still suggests a healthy improvement underlying. 
https://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/avesco.htm
Was a big improvement in attendances. We even had 800 or 900 against Stranraer, Montrose etc which we would have been lucky to get 600 at in league 2.

I may, or may not, have been slightly rattled by an opposition fan’s comment on Twitter but, is anyone else growing a bit annoyed at our Chairman’s statement being quoted slightly out of context? Seeing quotes in the media like “Clyde need to raise £75000 to compete” are very different from the actual context of needing £75000 to compete at the top end of League One. Furthermore, not once has it been said that our survival is in danger, more that we’e need to reduce our budget significantly.

I’m not excusing the clearly shambolic running of finances over the past few years but there’s a bit of stretching the truth going on.

26 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

I may, or may not, have been slightly rattled by an opposition fan’s comment on Twitter but, is anyone else growing a bit annoyed at our Chairman’s statement being quoted slightly out of context? Seeing quotes in the media like “Clyde need to raise £75000 to compete” are very different from the actual context of needing £75000 to compete at the top end of League One. Furthermore, not once has it been said that our survival is in danger, more that we’e need to reduce our budget significantly.

I’m not excusing the clearly shambolic running of finances over the past few years but there’s a bit of stretching the truth going on.

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.