Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

5 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Surprised there are only 81 contributers to be honest.

Not really surprised. 

For every fan that is riding this situation relatively comfortably financially, there  will be one who is finding thing difficult, so it's never going to be anything like every supporter who will be able to or indeed want to donate. 

There will possibly be others who are buying extra lottery tickets rather than making straight donations, and also some who will make further donations as time goes on.

I'm also assuming the numbers quoted are solely for those utilising the Official Site Donation facility?

I'd say it's an encouraging start.

10 minutes ago, LiviClyde said:

Not really surprised. 

For every fan that is riding this situation relatively comfortably financially, there  will be one who is finding thing difficult, so it's never going to be anything like every supporter who will be able to or indeed want to donate. 

There will possibly be others who are buying extra lottery tickets rather than making straight donations, and also some who will make further donations as time goes on.

I'm also assuming the numbers quoted are solely for those utilising the Official Site Donation facility?

I'd say it's an encouraging start.

I don't think he meant it that way. Rather that it was surprising that there's only been 81 contributers considering the amount donated so far, meaning there's been some big, generous contributions.

Edited by C. Muir

A cross between the two to be honest.

I thought 81 was a low number but I didn't take into account the other ways to contribute that living Liviclyde mentioned which are just as valid.

I do agree with you that the mean value of the donations made to the official contribution page is impressive

I have totally not stolen Div’s idea and have made a Clyde quiz which will run tomorrow night, live on myQuiz.

You will need to create an account on myQuiz to take part. It will start at 7.30pm BST tomorrow night, Sunday 5th April. As I said, it is live so if you’re late then you will miss it. I can run it at a later time/date if people miss it and really want to take part.

The code you need to enter on the myQuiz homepage in order to enter the quiz is 101415. I would recommend logging in five minutes in advance to it starting just so there no issues. 

I have spent longer than I care to disclose making this and to my best knowledge, every answer is correct. For the more technical questions, I have added information that will appear after the question has been answered.

There is no prize but I am willing to buy the winner a drink at the next Clyde game. If there are more than two winners then forget it. Off work etc etc.

Any questions then fire away. 

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

Hey guys,

Just to let you know Clyde are now live and accepting donations on http://www.donateaticket.com

You can donate the value of a match ticket direct to Clyde on the site. There are leaderboards for each division creating competition between clubs in who can raise the most. 

Clyde shared it on Twitter over the weekend. I set up the site as a non-profit, it's free for clubs and no commission is taken from any donations. Also, the transaction fees are actually smaller than Just Giving and Go Fund Me.

Good luck!

20 hours ago, rkilgour91 said:

Hey guys,

Just to let you know Clyde are now live and accepting donations on http://www.donateaticket.com

You can donate the value of a match ticket direct to Clyde on the site. There are leaderboards for each division creating competition between clubs in who can raise the most. 

Clyde shared it on Twitter over the weekend. I set up the site as a non-profit, it's free for clubs and no commission is taken from any donations. Also, the transaction fees are actually smaller than Just Giving and Go Fund Me.

Good luck!

I've donated directly to the club rather than using this initiative. The initiative is something a bit different & any funds raised through this platform also benefit the clubs involved. Quick question though... do the clubs just receive the money or does 'DonateATicket' effectively buy the number of tickets listed for the club to offer out to locals for free once the football season returns?

Edited by BroadwoodBoy

Hey guys,
Good luck!
Weve got our own fundraising page

On yer way

I don't think we need to be rude, he's trying to help all the clubs and wouldn't necessarily be aware which ones have and haven't already set up their own donation pages. Good luck to him anyway and hope we get as much money as possible however people donate.

I don't think we need to be rude, he's trying to help all the clubs and wouldn't necessarily be aware which ones have and haven't already set up their own donation pages. Good luck to him anyway and hope we get as much money as possible however people donate.
Transaction fees .. enough said

Good luck to him "elsewhere"