Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

12 hours ago, sydney said:

Dortmund tickets not easy to come by, simply due to the shear number of club members. 
Some other places worth a visit that are easier to get tickets for. 

Yeah Dortmund is pretty busy but they do offer 'packaged trips'. TBH they have a great atmosphere but probably my least favourite choice as I can't get over the colours - pathetic.🙈

10 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Thanks for the offer.

Youngest was supposed to be going on a school trip to play Spanish school and see Real or Athletico. All binned now and as he is 6th year he won't get another opportunity, so looking for a back-up trip for next season.

Easy enough to get tickets for games that are not against Bayern, Köln, Dortmund or Schalke. When you've got an idea what game, give one of your boys a shout and tell them to drop me a text. 

Something similar to last year where a standing order is set up for people to put £5 a week for example to held tide us over could be an option. I know that was a lottery type thing where there was a chance of winning, but making sure the club are seen through I’m sure most would agree is the priority. 

I can’t believe we have so many on here who seem to think the Celtic money will see us right. The accounts at the AGM told us a different story. I know the Celtic money has come in after this. We have debts and I’m no expert in finance but our gate receipts is a large proportion of the cash we bring in. I suspect we are not far away from another financial disaster.

1 hour ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

I can’t believe we have so many on here who seem to think the Celtic money will see us right. The accounts at the AGM told us a different story. I know the Celtic money has come in after this. We have debts and I’m no expert in finance but our gate receipts is a large proportion of the cash we bring in. I suspect we are not far away from another financial disaster.

Maybe because so many do not see the accounts? And with crowds up 50%+ this year, why would the money become a problem now? 

I have no certain knowledge but I would have thought Clyde were OK. Celtic money will help for sure but the gates are well up- close to a 1000 which is the best for many a year, the seasons was almost over with only four home games lost so perhaps the loss of £30-40k as some will have 'paid already' via seasons. Clearly not great and if it continues for many months so next season is disrupted that might start to become an issue but I would guess Clyde are in a better position than many. 

I do agree though some clubs will struggle as will many other business which is really sad. If you go bust through greed and overspending that is one thing, if it happens for an 'act of God' well I would hope that there was some mitigation. 

Any financial crisis will almost certainly come back to the supporters to solve. You cannot expect authorities to bail out a sports club before other more important/vital organisations and everyone will be lining up for a hand out. The key thing is for Clyde FC to communicate well with ALL of its fans not just owners to ensure full engagement with any recovery plan.

34 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Sure I read somewhere that the SFA have released funds early to all member clubs. No idea how much it is.

We have a number of players on two year deals that will still need paid over the summer.

£1.5m across 42 clubs, so c £30k max - all that does is leave a hole in next season's budget and moves the issue on somewhat. Gives time to find alternative solution. 

£1.5m across 42 clubs, so c £30k max - all that does is leave a hole in next season's budget and moves the issue on somewhat. Gives time to find alternative solution. 
Did the reports actually say 42 clubs?

It may be all clubs eg lowland, Highlands, Southern, east of Scotland leagues

Did the reports actually say 42 clubs?

It may be all clubs eg lowland, Highlands, Southern, east of Scotland leagues
Sure it will only include SFA licensed clubs so that will include Lowland, Highland and some in East of Scotland league.

Any financial crisis will almost certainly come back to the supporters to solve. You cannot expect authorities to bail out a sports club before other more important/vital organisations and everyone will be lining up for a hand out. The key thing is for Clyde FC to communicate well with ALL of its fans not just owners to ensure full engagement with any recovery plan.

As I said a few days ago here are the club asking the fans for cash