Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

As I am not an owner anymore I have no visibility of the finances, and TBH I don't want any as it only gets in the way of enjoying the games.

However, I see a couple of references to issues again. This, if true, is a bit surprising as we must have about £30k extra income this season so far from improved attendances.

Suggests we  have budgeted for income from other sources we do not have OR unexpected costs have arisen.

Disappointing if we are here again.

12 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Probably before my time then. Either that or right at the very start for me at Broadwood but too long ago to remember!

Terrific player for us, proper fullback and his lack of goals were not an issue as it wasn’t really part of his or most fullbacks at that time.

It was more a bit of banter that it was continuously pointed out he never scored 

Terrific player for us, proper fullback and his lack of goals were not an issue as it wasn’t really part of his or most fullbacks at that time.

It was more a bit of banter that it was continuously pointed out he never scored 

As I remember they let Ross take a penalty in one of his last matches, but he missed it. He was a great player and captain for us.

I had a quick look at the league 1 final standings over the years an 40 points seems to be enough to keep clear of the relegation play offs. Given the injuries and a rather poor recent run I think we are doing ok to be on track for safety at the halfway point. Hoping the injuries start to clear up and we can start looking up instead of down.

38 minutes ago, Clyde_1977 said:

I had a quick look at the league 1 final standings over the years an 40 points seems to be enough to keep clear of the relegation play offs. Given the injuries and a rather poor recent run I think we are doing ok to be on track for safety at the halfway point. Hoping the injuries start to clear up and we can start looking up instead of down.

John Rankin was kicking about in training gear before ko on Saturday fingers crossed he's not to far away

Who we thinking DL will be moving on in Jan...

He obv released Currie. Nicholl and our only recognised LB in summer so i think a few are at risk regardless of last saturdays performance v Airdrie ..

Personally Petkov. Smith and Wallace wouldn't be a huge loss, He has a decision to make on Rankin & Norway and the club have a even a bigger decision to move on DGW if decides his future isnt at Broadwood after May.

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

He obv released Currie. Nicholl and our only recognised LB in summer so i think a few are at risk regardless of last saturdays performance v Airdrie ..

Personally Petkov. Smith and Wallace wouldn't be a huge loss, He has a decision to make on Rankin & Norway and the club have a even a bigger decision to move on DGW if decides his future isnt at Broadwood after May.

Big decisions indeed!

Not sure if there will be much money to replace those departing? Would persist with Petkov of the three above mentioned names. Rankin and Syvertsen would both come back into the reckoning when fit.

I am sure the club will do everything they can to keep onto their prized asset. 

Petkov is alright as a squad player and has improved as the season has went on. Syvertsen will be back in the squad when fit I’d imagine. 

A decision needs to be made on rankin, he’s old enough for retirement and is a coach at hearts youth so he’s not leaving us to have nothing anyway. He’s probably a bigger earner as well. 

7 hours ago, clyde_darren said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Lang returning in the January window. Just back from injury and won’t be breaking into the starting 11 at Dunfermline anytime soon.

Funnily enough his injury has cleared up- he was on the bench away at Inverness last Saturday- 2 regular CB’s now injured at DAFC- so, much as it would be brilliant to get him back- it’s looking less likely at the moment.

23 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Petkov will need to stay unless we get in a new CB..... we need the cover as has been proved lately with Howie being unavailable. If we were lucky enough  to get TL back- it’s ready made for a back 3 of Rumsby- Howie and Lang-

Hearing a new LB joining soon.

No idea what decision needs taken by DL on Rankin and Norway- Danny is good- but good enough to offload two players contracted until the summer both returning from operation necessary long term injuries?!?!?!?!

Agree that Wallace and Smith have not lived up to expectations- despite the former having a great game v Airdrie.

We should do everything possible to get Lang back- everything possible to sign Aissa from QP ( imagine how his game would improve working with Goodie?) and of poss a dynamic tough midfielder.

First one to enquire where will the funds come from- but that would be my wish list.

3 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

DGW to Falkirk has been doing the rounds through here for months. Not sure if there is any substance to it though.

Hopefully no substance at all but if it did happen, I can't wait to see the moral judgement u-turns from some of the Falkirk support on here.

When and if Goodie does move on , he is worthy of somewhere better than Falkirk.

Edited by LiviClyde