the_bully_wee

Clyde FC; Season 2020-21

It has to be said but that performance had stuart miller written all over it.
The club is a shambles off the park and until thsts sorted we will be back in league 2 struggling. We have no proper structure, income or general way of operating successfully without racking up huge debts. Serious questions have to be asked about the board

It has to be said but that performance had stuart miller written all over it.
The club is a shambles off the park and until thsts sorted we will be back in league 2 struggling. We have no proper structure, income or general way of operating successfully without racking up huge debts. Serious questions have to be asked about the board
Would say it was closer to Barry Ferguson. Sending a defender up front was his speciality when he had run out of ideas.

I wonder if Lennon would have been haunched down, a la Ferguson, if we could have seen the dug outs last night.

52 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Would say it was closer to Barry Ferguson. Sending a defender up front was his speciality when he had run out of ideas.

I wonder if Lennon would have been haunched down, a la Ferguson, if we could have seen the dug outs last night.

Interestingly, as desperate as it appeared....we created several decent chances when that change was made........maybe it says more about Goodie's inability to close people down at the moment as he doesn't look like he's anywhere near fit to me. I think we are all falling into the easy trap of assessing things as though the players are  all in good shape. I think Nicoll is injured, Howie is injured, Goodie is injured, Lang looked a bit sore and hobbling as he left the pitch and Ally Love looks utterly shattered.

Delighted with David Wilson, looks a great young prospect, great kicking, great handling and when he get's the confidence to  come out to take crosses more....a real asset.

Interestingly, as desperate as it appeared....we created several decent chances when that change was made........maybe it says more about Goodie's inability to close people down at the moment as he doesn't look like he's anywhere near fit to me. I think we are all falling into the easy trap of assessing things as though the players are  all in good shape. I think Nicoll is injured, Howie is injured, Goodie is injured, Lang looked a bit sore and hobbling as he left the pitch and Ally Love looks utterly shattered.
Delighted with David Wilson, looks a great young prospect, great kicking, great handling and when he get's the confidence to  come out to take crosses more....a real asset.
We didn't create several good chances. We had one shot blocked near the end of the game and that was it. We didn't even muster a shot on target the whole game.

We only looked like troubling Dumbarton in the last 5 mins or so when we changed the midfield and had Thomson, Lamont, Jack and Butterworth on.

40 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

We didn't create several good chances. We had one shot blocked near the end of the game and that was it. We didn't even muster a shot on target the whole game.

We only looked like troubling Dumbarton in the last 5 mins or so when we changed the midfield and had Thomson, Lamont, Jack and Butterworth on.

Must have been watching a different game.....

40 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Too right. Tom Lang is a cracking player, but unlike other defenders we've had over the years, he's  not a goal scorer.  The goals we have scored since the start back have  been mainly played through.  

30 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Too right. Tom Lang is a cracking player, but unlike other defenders we've had over the years, he's  not a goal scorer.  The goals we have scored since the start back have  been mainly played through.  

Lang def not a natural goalscorer....but he did give their central 2 more to deal with...and I guess the idea was to create a second ball for Goodie.

2 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

I fear once lang leaves we wont replace him just like Mcstay, grant and Rankin

He's not as good as he thinks he is apparently......back with us by Christmas......

After wondering why the Daily Record were using old photos of Danny Lennon, I finally realised that oor Danny has, finally, cut his hair.  RIP Granny Lennon.

Shiting myself about Tuesdays game. We need everyone to perform and a victory for us to ensure we finish at least 9th come the end of the split fixtures.

Pretty confident we would beat the teams in the playoff positions in League 2. Very pleased one of those teams won’t be Queens Park.

16 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Fine margins, but a 1-0 win against Dumbarton last week instead of a 1-0 loss and we would be 7 points clear and almost safe.

Really important to beat them this time.

It's obviously got them in the driving seat for the title now but thank f**k Partick Thistle beat them last night. Important that we remain at least a point clear of Dumbarton ahead of that fixture, where a win would make it impossible for them to catch us (although having safety already secured before that game would be even better!). Will be a hellish watching the final day unfold if Dumbarton can still leapfrog us with a win at home to Peterhead while we sit idle. 

Edited by C. Muir

Fine margins, but a 1-0 win against Dumbarton last week instead of a 1-0 loss and we would be 7 points clear and almost safe.
Really important to beat them this time.
Even a draw against Dumbarton would have put us in a good position.

8th has the worst fixture list with 4 games in 7 days and missing out the last round.

It's essentially the same situation as the pre-split games beat Dumbarton and Forfar and we will be fine. Lose to them and we will be in the play off.

Why are the match days on different days? Finishing a league season where one or more clubs already know what they need to do completely undermines sporting integrity.

I’m already nervous about the Dumbarton home game. I didn’t want to come down to a shootout with them for 9th because Duffy had Lennon’s number in tight, cagey matches.

They’ll also have a training session before the game like they did last time to prepare (not moaning, just luck of the draw). We better come up with a better plan than hoofing high balls at their defenders or we can start preparing for the play-offs now.

I think the team from last night should mostly be the team going forward. Jamieson seems to work well with DGW and Howie at the back offers good composure while allowing us to get an actual midfielder in there. Lang for Rumsby and maybe Thomson for Cunningham and that’s what I’d go with mostly from here on out.

I don't get the moaning about the fixtures other than the irritation at playing another Thursday game. I agree that role should have been assiged to the 6th placed side.

Playing East Fife at home should be looked at as a major advantage of finishing 8th rather than 9th; their home/away split is absolutely surreal given the absence of crowds. Similarily, if we play the right way, playing Dumbarton at Broadwood on the big astro pitch is preferable to playing at their place. We know we can win at Forfar.

No excuses. A win on Saturday would bring Peterhead right back into it.

48 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

I’m already nervous about the Dumbarton home game. I didn’t want to come down to a shootout with them for 9th because Duffy had Lennon’s number in tight, cagey matches.

They’ll also have a training session before the game like they did last time to prepare (not moaning, just luck of the draw). We better come up with a better plan than hoofing high balls at their defenders or we can start preparing for the play-offs now.

I think the team from last night should mostly be the team going forward. Jamieson seems to work well with DGW and Howie at the back offers good composure while allowing us to get an actual midfielder in there. Lang for Rumsby and maybe Thomson for Cunningham and that’s what I’d go with mostly from here on out.

Ties in quick succession between teams often have different outcomes.  We hopefully we won't make the same positional cock ups. and we have a more positive attitude.  Yep Dumbarton won but they didn't destroy us.  They may have some injury worries too.  Our fate is in our hands, which is not a terrible place to be in.    

Lang for Rumsby and maybe Thomson for Cunningham and that’s what I’d go with mostly from here on out.

I can't say with any certainty that Lang had been any better than Rumsby this season. Lang has been pretty poor up to now.

In saying that, Rumsby had a big part to play in Forfar's goal last night

2 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Why are the match days on different days? Finishing a league season where one or more clubs already know what they need to do completely undermines sporting integrity.

I started a sarcastic answer about the difference between odd and even numbers...

However, as there are 5 teams in each half of the split, one team has to be game less on each game day.