Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

We have to play 4 games in 8 days, 7 in 15; it'll probably have something to do with that. I'd imagine none of those games will see us field our "best" line-up.

Not that I disagree with the feeling that it's a poor team. Apart from the Ayr game, tThis is probably the game I fancy us least in.

6 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

Anyone's stream jumping and cutting out?

Aye, keeps cutting out and saying something about a "playback issue". Is this a blessing in disguise? £12.50 to not be able to watch the game is a bit of a joke though.

We may be shite on the park but at least we manage to successfully stream the games ffs!

Edited by RutherGlen

Just now, RutherGlen said:

Aye, keeps cutting out and saying something about a "playback issue". Is this a blessing in disguise? £12.50 to not be able to watch the game is a bit of a joke though.

Wee refund incoming I'd hope

Thomson and Jamieson (who is playing centrally today) definitely have something about them. Indeed, we've been pretty competitive from what I've seen so far. They definitely have an edge down our left hand side though.

Certainly have taken that if offered at 3pm. To score 2 goals away against a very decent side is great, just wish we could stop losing goals as we do too easily, not necessarily today but was in general. That said I’ll take that today and hopefully kick in a bit, really need a win though.

Guest andyp1301
3 hours ago, Clydeontheup said:

Yawn 

Whilst you yawn, and defend the Board, others question and yet still find ways to assist. 

Maybe get your vagus nerve checked out.

Guest andyp1301

That's a great point and could have been a win...Jamieson coming good, Lang good, Nicoll (except the pen) good and Mcglinchy when match fit will be an asset...off the bottom thank god with Dumbarton and Forfar losing.

Hope springs eternal.

I've just twigged that it's not Saturday-Tuesday runs we'll be up against, but Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday runs. Should pay more attention.

Be a bloody hard thing to manage, but if we've got what... Maybe six or seven full-time boys available, including Lang if he's training with Raith which is just a speculation from me, I'm close to thinking that Lennon's done the right thing in preferring the young loan players to any lowland league guys. Fitness will be such a big thing now that it might even pip experience and ability in the end.

I certainly don't envy him the balancing act.

Guest andyp1301
1 hour ago, Clydeside said:

I've just twigged that it's not Saturday-Tuesday runs we'll be up against, but Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday runs. Should pay more attention.

Be a bloody hard thing to manage, but if we've got what... Maybe six or seven full-time boys available, including Lang if he's training with Raith which is just a speculation from me, I'm close to thinking that Lennon's done the right thing in preferring the young loan players to any lowland league guys. Fitness will be such a big thing now that it might even pip experience and ability in the end.

I certainly don't envy him the balancing act.

Why would you think Lang is training with Raith?

1 hour ago, andyp1301 said:

Why would you think Lang is training with Raith?

Hasn't he signed a pre-contract agreement with Raith?

Given as he was recently full-time with Dunfermline and is about to return to full-time football with Raith, it would make sense for him to get into the habit of full-time training sooner rather than later. It'd be to the benefit of the player and both Clyde and Raith I think.

I've no idea if he is in fact training with them of course.

*Had a wee look at the press back when he signed; it suggests he won't go over and train with them until the summer. Another reason I'd wondered is because he's always struck me as that bit fitter than the rest of our team.

Edited by Clydeside

Guest andyp1301
17 minutes ago, Clydeside said:

Hasn't he signed a pre-contract agreement with Raith?

Given as he was recently full-time with Dunfermline and is about to return to full-time football with Raith, it would make sense for him to get into the habit of full-time training sooner rather than later. It'd be to the benefit of the player and both Clyde and Raith I think.

I've no idea if he is in fact training with them of course.

*Had a wee look at the press back when he signed; it suggests he won't go over and train with them until the summer. Another reason I'd wondered is because he's always struck me as that bit fitter than the rest of our team.

Can't go until his contract starts......takes fitness seriously and was a personal trainer....so he keeps himself in shape.

Not sure with the schedule we have, Tom training with Raith and commuting to Kirkaldy would be of great benefit to any party.

29 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

Can't go until his contract starts......takes fitness seriously and was a personal trainer....so he keeps himself in shape.

Not sure with the schedule we have, Tom training with Raith and commuting to Kirkaldy would be of great benefit to any party.

Yes, with the fixtures being as they are, players won't be doing much training whether they're full-time or part-time. I had in mind that Lang might've gone over to train with Raith for roughly the last month and a half since signing his pre-contract. It would've given him facilities while we were off the tools and got him back into the full-time routine prior to going over next season, and we'd have had a fitter player after the restart.

Of course, if he has been a personal trainer he's probably keeping up a good level of fitness anyway, like you say. And thinking about it again, even if the two clubs were at peace with it, the pandemic rules would probably have made it difficult for him to join up with Raith in any event.

Hope his injury doesn't mean we've seen the last of him. It's a credit to him that he's throwing himself about like he is, I should say, despite the pre-contract. Other players might dial it down a bit to avoid injuries.