Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Guest andyp1301
47 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

Would be a safe assumption if a former charlatan of a chairman was looking to wind up the club .

her's a thought.....pay him what he is owed....a bit like paying RBS what they were owed. 

A "winding up order" is a business/legal term for when a creditor refuses to pay a debtor......I would doubt a second generation Clyde footballer and former Chairman would want the Club to suffer in this way or anywhere near it.

Let's see how things go but I am sure there is enough in the pot to make this "agreed" debt go away and we can concentrate on trying to survive the drop as the season continues.

18 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

her's a thought.....pay him what he is owed....a bit like paying RBS what they were owed. 

A "winding up order" is a business/legal term for when a creditor refuses to pay a debtor......I would doubt a second generation Clyde footballer and former Chairman would want the Club to suffer in this way or anywhere near it.

Let's see how things go but I am sure there is enough in the pot to make this "agreed" debt go away and we can concentrate on trying to survive the drop as the season continues.

Yawn

David W has summarised our situation well.

Managers that insist on playing a certain way put a ceiling on their success before they've signed a player or picked a team.

I think we all hoped that Danny would break character after this long but his recent signing spree suggests he is doubling down on having us play a certain way.

That said, supporters that followed his managerial career prior to Clyde would have recognised and accepted the risk in him being so wedded to a style. Both then and now we probably couldn't hope for a manager with a better track record.

Clever managers adapt to small budgets and to how football gets played in their league. Walter Smith's second spell at Rangers was a great example of that. And even in Barry Ferguson's second to last season at Clyde, although a goal or two away from being a successful season, it was memorable that we improved when Barry realised that he needed to strike a better balance.

I recall a quote from Barry that season in which he said something like he now understood his mandate to be to sign players at six feet and above. That might have been a bit blunt, but you knew what he meant. Having players like Marvin Andrews, John Gemmell and so on. Not superb players. Flawed in many ways. But players that generally done the basics well, were strong and aggressive, and could lean on their experience to deal with failure. Players that could score from set-plays, get you into the other team's half even when you can't pass your way through them. All of that stuff.

I think we can survive if David Goodwillie plays out of his skin. But that's a big 'if'. He looks weary being as isolated as he has been for a couple of years now. However we fare, I agree that two year deals for anyone other than players like Goodwillie would be unjustified. We should take a leaf out of Dick Campbell's book there. Best part-time club in the country, Arbroath. And I don't think they hand them out without knowing they've got a real long-term asset on their hands.

Edited by Clydeside
Typo

Just wondering if we are being dazzled by Danny' bullshit? All this playing (knock down) football in the right way...and hiding the obvious missing bits of the jigsaw.

Uncomfortable Truths.

We play a back 4 without a LB

We play with 2 wide players but no target man

We have no ball winners in any department

We don't play neat football: We regularly hoof the ball in the hope the opponents make a mistake

We repeatedly lose goals from set pieces and we never threaten from set pieces

1 hour ago, andyp1301 said:

What do we owe him?  Was it not the case an agreement was reached and was being paid until said ex glorious leader decided this wasn’t not good enough? Do you want us to pay this in full AND release funds for transfers?  Just how much do you think we are sitting on?  Please do tell, as it seems you are keen to portray that you are “in the know” on here and the owners forum.

Additionally, a winding up order risks the creditor having their debt paid pennies to the pound, which potentially would come in lower than an amount previously negotiated in the agreement reached. So one has to wonder, why would they risk that scenario when they know the club has little in the way of liquid assets, and if, as you say, have the club’s best interests at heart? If we do have a nest egg it would be marvellous if we could use this to bolster, at least, the midfield and left back position before it’s too late. 

Guest andyp1301
18 minutes ago, fandabbywee78 said:

What do we owe him?  Was it not the case an agreement was reached and was being paid until said ex glorious leader decided this wasn’t not good enough? Do you want us to pay this in full AND release funds for transfers?  Just how much do you think we are sitting on?  Please do tell, as it seems you are keen to portray that you are “in the know” on here and the owners forum.

Additionally, a winding up order risks the creditor having their debt paid pennies to the pound, which potentially would come in lower than an amount previously negotiated in the agreement reached. So one has to wonder, why would they risk that scenario when they know the club has little in the way of liquid assets, and if, as you say, have the club’s best interests at heart? If we do have a nest egg it would be marvellous if we could use this to bolster, at least, the midfield and left back position before it’s too late. 

So you are saying there is not an agreed debt?  The Owners update would contradict this.

I'd say at a rough calculation ...using the 2020 Accounts and cash in hand stated....and taking the Covid furlough payments and government grants and bounce back loans and James Anderson's money and the supporters 20k and the Celtic money......possibly several hundred thousand. So yes, enough to pay an agreed debt in full rather than monthly over 5 years AND to provide funds for a decent squad to let us compete in League 1.

Oh and by the way..."ex glorious leader" leader laid the foundations for promotion.

This has become a  personal situation between our Board and Norrie Innes and it is affecting the football side of things, which is not something we ordinary supporters should have to suffer.

26 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

So you are saying there is not an agreed debt?  The Owners update would contradict this.

I'd say at a rough calculation ...using the 2020 Accounts and cash in hand stated....and taking the Covid furlough payments and government grants and bounce back loans and James Anderson's money and the supporters 20k and the Celtic money......possibly several hundred thousand. So yes, enough to pay an agreed debt in full rather than monthly over 5 years AND to provide funds for a decent squad to let us compete in League 1.

Oh and by the way..."ex glorious leader" leader laid the foundations for promotion.

This has become a  personal situation between our Board and Norrie Innes and it is affecting the football side of things, which is not something we ordinary supporters should have to suffer.

Yawn

Where did I say there wasn’t an agreed debt? I said that an agreement was reached over an amount owed, as was stated in the club update. That was the amount that was then getting repaid over monthly instalments. Clarity needs to be sought as to why an amount agreed between the two parties is no longer in play. Whatever “foundations” he “laid”, would be smashed to smithereens if a wind up order was to be successful as Clyde Football Club would cease to exist. So you’re right, it is personal and it would cause us supporters great suffering, more than any relegation ever would.

Oh so you assume that the club have had no expenses at all since June 2020? So April until July, the Job Retention Scheme (JRS) credits would have covered 80% of players wages, as well as employers NIC and pension contributions, so there was 20% in wages outgoing as players didn’t take a drop (as they are entitled to). In August the club would have had to have started paying Employers NIC and pension contributions again, as well as the 20% in players wages. That then increased to 30% in September until the players and staff returned to work, when training was resumed for the leagues restarting. From that point everyone is removed from furlough and are receiving full pay and the club are paying that, as well as employers NIC and pension contributions with no JRS credit income to offset it. The resumption of furlough from December until March only covers 80% of wages and once again the club would have had to have paid employers NIC and pension contributions. Additionally, the update mentioned that we repaid the RBS loan in full, after the 11th May update, which as at 30 June 2020 was around £25k. Not to mention the fact that the James Anderson grant also has to be removed from your calculations as this has to be ring fenced away from working capital, as stipulated in the terms of the grant. Given that the club are also recognising that there may be a circa £80k liability for Rock DCM, they may be setting aside the equivalent of the previous monthly payments should a future settlement be reached. Not exactly the rosy bank balance you’re making it out to be. 

Edited to insert a comma for correct use of grammar.

Edited by fandabbywee78

Guest andyp1301
58 minutes ago, fandabbywee78 said:

Where did I say there wasn’t an agreed debt? I said that an agreement was reached over an amount owed, as was stated in the club update. That was the amount that was then getting repaid over monthly instalments. Clarity needs to be sought as to why an amount agreed between the two parties is no longer in play. Whatever “foundations” he “laid”, would be smashed to smithereens if a wind up order was to be successful as Clyde Football Club would cease to exist. So you’re right, it is personal and it would cause us supporters great suffering, more than any relegation ever would.

Oh so you assume that the club have had no expenses at all since June 2020? So April until July, the Job Retention Scheme (JRS) credits would have covered 80% of players wages, as well as employers NIC and pension contributions, so there was 20% in wages outgoing as players didn’t take a drop (as they are entitled to). In August the club would have had to have started paying Employers NIC and pension contributions again, as well as the 20% in players wages. That then increased to 30% in September until the players and staff returned to work, when training was resumed for the leagues restarting. From that point everyone is removed from furlough and are receiving full pay and the club are paying that, as well as employers NIC and pension contributions with no JRS credit income to offset it. The resumption of furlough from December until March only covers 80% of wages and once again the club would have had to have paid employers NIC and pension contributions. Additionally, the update mentioned that we repaid the RBS loan in full, after the 11th May update, which as at 30 June 2020 was around £25k. Not to mention the fact that the James Anderson grant also has to be removed from your calculations as this has to be ring fenced away from working capital, as stipulated in the terms of the grant. Given that the club are also recognising that there may be a circa £80k liability for Rock DCM, they may be setting aside the equivalent of the previous monthly payments should a future settlement be reached. Not exactly the rosy bank balance you’re making it out to be. 

Edited to insert a comma for correct use of grammar.

The tag team of Clyde on the Up and Fandabby are back in town. You accuse me of having inside info.....I think you've just displayed you have much more. In fact why not engage with me on the Owners Forum? Oh of course you'd have to use your real name.

Just a point here....if you owed a friend a sum of money and agreed to pay it  over a long term, let's say 5 years, as you were in a difficult financial position......if your circumstances changed due to a windfall of some kind (in football terms a home cup tie v Celtic) would you clear the debt in one hit or keep your friend on monthly repayments......I have a feeling I know the answer.

Seeing you know so much about the turnover and the outgoings and the details of the government help and other financial help.......how much do you think the Club has in the bank?

50 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

Just a point here....if you owed a friend a sum of money and agreed to pay it  over a long term, let's say 5 years, as you were in a difficult financial position......if your circumstances changed due to a windfall of some kind (in football terms a home cup tie v Celtic) would you clear the debt in one hit or keep your friend on monthly repayments......I have a feeling I know the answer.

You talking about a clear conflict of interest or player sponsorship 

The tag team of Clyde on the Up and Fandabby are back in town. You accuse me of having inside info.....I think you've just displayed you have much more. In fact why not engage with me on the Owners Forum? Oh of course you'd have to use your real name.

Seeing you know so much about the turnover and the outgoings and the details of the government help and other financial help.......how much do you think the Club has in the bank?

First of all, who says I haven’t engaged with you on the owners forum? And secondly, just because two people have the same opinion about something and are posting around the same time, doesn’t mean they are “tag teaming”. Going by that logic, is it “tag teaming” when you and your “friends” are posting around the same time, with the same opinion, on the same topics, on the owners forum?  Both “Clyde on the up” and I may just want to address your “points” and we happen to be on this forum reading them at the same time. For the record, I have no idea who “Clyde on the up” is and I am confident that they won’t know who I am.

Just a legal point here, if my business had been loaned money from another business in any way and an agreement was drawn up for repayment, which was verbally and electronically agreed, then I would stick to the terms of that and I would expect the other party to agree to the originally agreed amount and not increase it. If my business came into a “windfall” (I assume you mean the likes of the Celtic game here since the James Anderson grant can’t be used for this purpose) then no, I wouldn’t pay that off in a lump sum due to the current economic climate/global pandemic. Other expenses need to be met with potentially little income coming in. Being loaned money from a friend isn’t even comparable in this situation as this was two companies transacting with each other. Again though, I wouldn’t expect my friend to increase the amount owed either if I came in to a windfall. They wouldn’t have been a trustworthy friend in the first place. 

Sigh. All the information I posted above came directly from the annual accounts, the club update and the world wide web for information on the James Anderson grant and the Job Retention Scheme. The former two would have been sent to you as an owner, and since you referenced the annual accounts in your earlier post, then I would assume that you’ve read them, yes? If you aren’t able to glean the same information that I did then I would suggest you read them again more carefully. 

It’s funny how you are your most active on here when things aren’t going so well. I wonder why that would be?

Edited by fandabbywee78
Word missing

Guest andyp1301
51 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

Tag team eh - coming from the PPCMP Norrie Dishon fan club Walter Mitty appreciation thread 

xxxxxx

Guest andyp1301
49 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

You talking about a clear conflict of interest or player sponsorship 

That a statement or a question?

Guest andyp1301
51 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

Whether it’s posted as Walter Mitty 1 or Walter Mitty 99 - it’s still all nonsense 

Of course it is.........whilst you abuse, insult and ridicule fellow fans....you may notice your pals on the Board have taken us to bottom of the league. 

The team, the Club and success on the field is what is important and that's being forgotten here.

Oh, and it's PPCMR.

Guest andyp1301
1 hour ago, Clydeontheup said:

Of which you are not.

surely you had thicker skin when all your Chinese business ventures went tits up ?

I'm not a fan of Clyde? Thats not true.

Sometimes business goes likes that......let's get rude and personal again. Is it helping the Club? No. The Cub is more important than playground insults which appear to be your preference.

Let's see how the season pans out and thank s for your compassion regarding my work life.