the_bully_wee

Clyde FC; Season 2020-21

(re)start with East Fife home then Montrose away either side of the cup tie. 

Edited by C. Muir

Here's hoping this new loanee from St Mirren has more of an impact than Henderson did.

You would imagine we will be getting a left back as well given Shiels' injury. Then again, given the evidence of last season, maybe not!

13 minutes ago, David W said:

Here's hoping this new loanee from St Mirren has more of an impact than Henderson did.

You would imagine we will be getting a left back as well given Shiels' injury. Then again, given the evidence of last season, maybe not!

I’ve missed the Shiels news, what’s up with him?

Another announcement coming at 6pm.

Are we actually ever going to get answer on the games postponed due to Covid?

Seems ridiculous to restart the season when we don't know how many games we are playing.

Signed another two boys from Rangers. Both midfielders. Shiels is away because his ankle is gubbed. No left back then?

Just now, Scott-Replay said:

Signed another two boys from Rangers. Both midfielders. Shiels is away because his ankle is gubbed. No left back then?

More teenagers and Martin McNiff trotting out at left back.

Pain.

McGlinchey should hopefully be a decent enough signing but struggling to see the point in all these young lads been signed on loan from Rangers and St Mirren.

I am all for having a director of football, head of scouting etc. I'm all for trying to build up links with top division sides. At the moment though, a myriad of youngsters is not really what we need.

It does make it even harder to feel any sort of engagement with this season when half of our lineups will have been a Rangers/St Mirren Colts XI. Hopefully they’re cheap and we’re building the war chest for a title push next year*.

*possibly a League Two title

Edited by Scott-Replay

5 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

It does make it even harder to feel any sort of engagement with this season when half of our lineups will have been a Rangers/St Mirren Colts XI. Hopefully they’re cheap and we’re building the war chest for a title push next year*.

*possibly a League Two title

It's been hard to engage with most of the Clyde players in our lineups too

Given the number of games we have in a short space of time, I'm assuming Danny's getting the numbers up in case of injuries etc.

Hard to tell how many (if any) of the young lads will be any good, however not sure we've got much choice other than these cheap options, imagine we're probably giving McGlinchey a decent wage.

Agree regarding left back position, why sign 4 young midfielders when we're clearly short at lb ?

Can’t say I’m bothered about Shiels going back, he was at fault for plenty of goals we conceded. 

Can’t say I’m bothered about Shiels going back, he was at fault for plenty of goals we conceded. 
Who plays in that position now?

McNiff who was at fault for plenty of goals we conceded when playing full back?

17 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Mark Munro LB ?

He’s a right back I think.  The left back situation is a real worry - McNiff is too exposed in this league against pacey wingers and we don’t have a clear alternative.

I’ll get hammered for this, but could we play Ally Love there? He’s at least left-sided and has a bit of pace. It’s far, far from ideal but he’s diligent enough to maybe do a role?

Or we could just, you know, sign a left back?