Jump to content
the_bully_wee

Clyde FC; Season 2020-21

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I fucked it with that post as I remembered we actually made a fair few changes, but aye it is still our first team squad. 

Is that you're regular keeper?

If this was a training game there'd be a shout of 'swap goalies' to even things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Is that you're regular keeper?

If this was a training game there'd be a shout of 'swap goalies' to even things up.

The only player that should be starting on Saturday who started today was Cameron Palmer, who is on loan from Rangers. Possibly one of the two centre halves at a push. The four subs we have brought on will all be starting but two of them in totally different positions to where they're playing here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

😎 I didn't know...In that case they're shite.

Yeh, but we don’t have the financial strength of Rule Britannia behind us. You should really stop singing that btw given that we’re now the basket case of the world. Even our former colonies aren’t interested. Catch up guys.,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sydney said:

Yeh, but we don’t have the financial strength of Rule Britannia behind us. You should really stop singing that btw given that we’re now the basket case of the world. Even our former colonies aren’t interested. Catch up guys.,

No need, mate, we're discussing the Glasgow Cup match.

But feel welcome to catch up with me a couple of times a month on the politics forum - usually after midnight when I've had a dram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

No need, mate, we're discussing the Glasgow Cup match.

But feel welcome to catch up with me a couple of times a month on the politics forum - usually after midnight when I've had a dram.

Haha, naw you’re ok there. Something else for you to chew over though. We were a top Championship club until our financial problems emerged. More than a decade later we are still trying to recover, having had to pay our way out of the problem. That’s  why we’re not quite as good as we could be. 
if we were liquidated, there would have been no shoehorning a new Clyde into the Scottish leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t agree with those saying tonight’s game was a waste of time.We learned that Danny Lennon should send Josh Jack back to St Mirren,he swans round the park and offers absolutely nothing.Did we have a  trialist at left back on in the first half? If so he should never be allowed entry to Broadwood unless he pays his way in.
Some good youngsters in that Rangers team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Don’t agree with those saying tonight’s game was a waste of time.We learned that Danny Lennon should send Josh Jack back to St Mirren,he swans round the park and offers absolutely nothing.Did we have a  trialist at left back on in the first half? If so he should never be allowed entry to Broadwood unless he pays his way in.
Some good youngsters in that Rangers team.

Can’t argue with you about Jack. He’s played a few times now and I think the thing I can say about him is that I don’t even notice him. The game seems to pass him by. 
As for tonight, there were a few first team goals players who didn’t do themselves any favours. Don’t they see what Goodwillie offers when he comes on and think ‘I should do that’ ? I’m not talking about ability, I’m talking about determination and desire. Syvertsen tonight was shocking. Lost the ball and couldn’t be arsed. That’s how it looked to me anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sydney said:

Haha, naw you’re ok there. Something else for you to chew over though. We were a top Championship club until our financial problems emerged. More than a decade later we are still trying to recover, having had to pay our way out of the problem. That’s  why we’re not quite as good as we could be. 
if we were liquidated, there would have been no shoehorning a new Clyde into the Scottish leagues. 

These sort of shenanigans really should not be new to a club who tried to take over Hamilton Accies in the 1960s but, again, we have a massive thread for this shite.

15 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Don’t agree with those saying tonight’s game was a waste of time.We learned that Danny Lennon should send Josh Jack back to St Mirren,he swans round the park and offers absolutely nothing.Did we have a  trialist at left back on in the first half? If so he should never be allowed entry to Broadwood unless he pays his way in.
Some good youngsters in that Rangers team.

Leon King was a stand-out.  Very comfortable with the ball as a defender.  The older Hogarth brother was excellent in goal and made the difference between the teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/12/2020 at 21:49, shawfield shed boy said:

Just take Goodie aff. Few wild challenges on him. Put Vajis up front. We.ll play wae a bac

Sounds like we were better off with that other keeper David Wilson

 

 

On 22/12/2020 at 21:49, shawfield shed boy said:

 

Sounds like we were better off with that other keeper d   p

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we're not allowed to use the £150k to fund new players.

However, do you think that deal prevents us from using the money to pay off some of our existing players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're obviously shipping too many goals & making it far too easy for the opposition.  At least at this stage due to the nature of the league it's not left us adrift at the bottom of the league but it needs nipped in the bud now, so maybe time to go 3 at the back, Lang, Howie & Rumsby.  Bain & Shiels the two FB's with the centre midfield something like Lamont, Palmer & Cuddihy, leave two up to occupy their defence.    I don't think Danny's keen on the 3-5-2 but he needs to get back to basics a little bit, tighten it up.  That would likely make us a little bit more solid and potentially get an extra body into midfield that's been a problem area.

He's right in saying we need more consistency but that starts by being harder to beat.  I think he's using a system to try & accommodate certain players but needs to be pragmatic.  Ideally I'd like Goodie, Norway, Cunningham and Love in the same team for the goals, but you'd need a solid back 4 and two commanding CM's for that.  We'd still have good options off the bench, I'd add Johnson to that who can cause defences a lot of problems last 20 minutes or so, but at least we'd have something to build on in a game, increase confidence a bit which must be taking a hit. 

Still think we've a decent squad for this level but he needs to get the balance right, and he's changing the line up pretty much every week....and that's also including the fact that one minute a player's playing, the next not even in the squad, though maybe there's injuries or whatever that weren't mentioned in the pre-match.

AFAIK we don't have the resources to make huge changes in January so you have to make the best of what you've got, which as I say I think's decent, just need to get the best formation out of it.   Just draw a line under the season so far, set small initial targets, don't lose the next 5 games, build from there.  They've got the quality to do it imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree we absolutely need to aim to keep a clean sheet and be difficult to beat.  Once that starts happening the rest usually follows but we can’t keep doing to what we’re doing.  DG is as likely to score on the break than when we’re on top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even when we win. We still lose 2 goals or more lately in defeat..

Realise club future is important and i get it to a point but would it not be worth the risk in L1 than a bigger risk trying to get back out L2 or stay in it..

Huge January for us & perhaps one or two might be moved on to free up wages..

Yer Mithers Pride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...