Jump to content
the_bully_wee

Clyde FC; Season 2020-21

Recommended Posts

 

 

 

Commentators were really poor if you are going to provide commentary then it needs to be unbiased as possible and would expect them to do some research on the opposition.

 

I agree.

 

Even though it's Falkirk TV they have to take into account the away fans that have paid to view

 

It wouldn't be such an issue if away fans could see the match any other way.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do wonder if we've added an extra keeper in case we get hit by coronavirus at some point. There's already been a few examples of teams being left with one or even no keepers.

If they're all training together it might make little difference but, assuming his wage is next to nothing, maybe we're just hedging out bets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not going to lose much sleep over it. Cuddihy impressed again and Goodwillie took his goal expertly.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t watch it tonight but there’s no chance I’d pay £10 to listen to those two that commentate for Falkirk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

I’m assuming that team was picked with an eye towards the league starting. Difficult to take much from the game, it was played like a friendly really but we certainly created very little. Then again, with Howie in midfield, were we ever going to? The new and unnecessary goalie looked okay. Quite big chap.

My MOM 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Didn’t watch it tonight but there’s no chance I’d pay £10 to listen to those two that commentate for Falkirk. 

It was different folk from that comedy pairing last season. They were equally as horrific though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

It was different folk from that comedy pairing last season. They were equally as horrific though.

 

Much the same style but, best laugh was Keena’s foul on Lang, they saw the ref with his yellow card out, one of them said I’ve seen a red card given for that, paused for a minute then said he’s booking Keena.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our commentators are brutal aye, thankfully only one of them will be making a regular appearance. He'll be teaming up with a former player every week. Never heard so many requests for Connor Sammon to be subbed on in ma puff.

Club put out a statement this morning regarding the streaming https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/10/14/club-statement-16/

If you weren't able to watch the game after paying then they're wanting you to contact the club via phone or email on that statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Our commentators are brutal aye, thankfully only one of them will be making a regular appearance. He'll be teaming up with a former player every week. Never heard so many requests for Connor Sammon to be subbed on in ma puff.

Club put out a statement this morning regarding the streaming https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/10/14/club-statement-16/

If you weren't able to watch the game after paying then they're wanting you to contact the club via phone or email on that statement.

I was thinking that during the game, the boy was obsessed with winning the ball in the air. Must have mentioned Sammon's aerial prowess about 50 times.

Interesting, brief statement that from Falkirk - not sure throwing the external streaming partner under the bus so brutally after the first game is a great way to begin a working relationship but what do I know. For what it's worth, I bought the stream, but was then able to watch the match on YouTube so I won't be looking for a refund or anything.

The biggest problem for me was the camera work. Interesting that there's no mention of that in the club statement because from what I've gathered speaking to others that watched the game, they thought it was ridiculous too. Several times throughout the game, the camera didn't follow the ball. Fouls were totally missed, including the one where Aidan Keena tried to forcibly remove Tom Lang's goolies. Anyway, teething problems I'm sure.

The whole situation was worth enduring to watch that mental hot tub advert with Aidan Connolly. I couldn't believe my eyes. Not sure where they found the Fujica P300 Super 8 camera they filmed it on either - the struggle when they tried to focus on the sleeve badge at the end was very real indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was the Falkirk production made by a professional company or by fans?

 

If it was fans with cameras and an editing desk then it's understandable I'm sure they'll learn and it will improve.

 

If it was a bought in professional company, then it was truly atrocious.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Was the Falkirk production made by a professional company or by fans?

 

If it was fans with cameras and an editing desk then it's understandable I'm sure they'll learn and it will improve.

 

If it was a bought in professional company, then it was truly atrocious.

 

 

It wouldn't surprise me if it was students from FV college. 

Weirdly enough, my job my job involves vision mixing and telling cameramen where to point at for live streams. Falkirk probably tried to use a webhosting company rather than a streaming service and that's what fucked them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really enjoying our midfield set-up at the moment. That position and role is where we'll get the most out of Cuddihy, and he put in a fine performance again today. Looking forward to seeing what Henderson can add when he's back available; we have fantastic energy all over the place now, and some real competition for places too. A word for Shiels too who, although not directly tested much today, had a right steady game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

I'm really enjoying our midfield set-up at the moment. That position and role is where we'll get the most out of Cuddihy, and he put in a fine performance again today. Looking forward to seeing what Henderson can add when he's back available; we have fantastic energy all over the place now, and some real competition for places too. A word for Shiels too who, although not directly tested much today, had a right steady game.

I can't believe that I'm sitting here saying that our midfield looks good given the departure of Sir Ray and Chris McStay but I absolutely am. Early days yet but we're moving the ball very nicely at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Solid all round performance, the midfield are far more mobile than they were last year, and alway look to go forward. More of the same please.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...