the_bully_wee

Clyde FC; Season 2020-21

48 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
58 minutes ago, chas said:
What are the "arrangements" for those without a smart phone or do not wish to use one?
The concessions aren't!!

Says on the website alternative arrangements can be made and you need to contact the club after purchasing the season card.

But why can't they tell us how it works before you buy? I would like to know the alternatives to the Smart phone app.

13 hours ago, chas said:

But why can't they tell us how it works before you buy? I would like to know the alternatives to the Smart phone app.

I’m sure if you email the club asking about the alternatives they’ll let you know. 

Hopeless with technology but going to give it a go. Downloaded the app last night & all seems very straight forward. 

I hope you can find something that suits you whether it be through smartphone or the alternative the club have, a Facebook post suggested a physical card. 

New pricing is a sore one for concessions, around a 40% hike, shouldn’t imagine that will be taken well

On 25/06/2020 at 23:34, shawfield shed boy said:

Have a bad feeling Ally Love might be in there, I hope im wrong but thats not to say he would resign but would rather we gave him that option.

Stranraer after him.

24 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

New pricing is a sore one for concessions, around a 40% hike, shouldn’t imagine that will be taken well

While I get things are financially difficult for people; unfortunately if we want to survive not just in L1 but just survive this is reality. My sympathy for those who may be struggling believe me! Club has no option.

Pay £7 we get Dan Kirkup, pay £14 we might get a Tom Lang. Football economics I’m afraid.  

19 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

While I get things are financially difficult for people; unfortunately if we want to survive not just in L1 but just survive this is reality. My sympathy for those who may be struggling believe me! Club has no option.

Pay £7 we get Dan Kirkup, pay £14 we might get a Tom Lang. Football economics I’m afraid.  

Yes I appreciate that,   but going by last years early door season ticket prices,  concession ticket have risen £5 per game, that's more than 40%.   

Adult prices , no change they are the exact same as last year.  

Duffie, Fitzpatrick, Lyon, Smith and Wylde away.

Nothing really unexpected there. Assuming we've offered everyone else out of contract a deal (Grant, McStay, Lamont, Love, Syvertsen) if there's no news on them yet.

Edited by C. Muir

Duffie, Fitzpatrick, Lyon, Smith and Wylde away.
Nothing really unexpected there. Assuming we've offered everyone else out of contract a deal (Grant, McStay, Lamont, Love, Syvertsen) if there's no news on them yet.

We were apparently after Chris McStay last summer albeit McCall was our manager. He might rock up at Firhill if he’s still keen on him.

I’d love us to take a chance on Ray Grant.

You wouldn't be taking a chance on Ray Grant, the guy is a quality player who could easily step up another level at the very least. Anyway hands off.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We were apparently after Chris McStay last summer albeit McCall was our manager. He might rock up at Firhill if he’s still keen on him.

I’d love us to take a chance on Ray Grant.

I forgot McStay's been in Australia since lockdown. Was the same the last 2 summers after the season finished as there was a delay in him agreeing a new deal compared to others. Still a bit too inconsistent for me but could very well excel moving into full time football. Hopefully not at Firhill though :lol:

Was pleasantly surprised we managed to hold onto Grant for another year. Sadly think this will be the year he finally moves on. And good luck to the beautiful man if so.

You wouldn't be taking a chance on Ray Grant, the guy is a quality player who could easily step up another level at the very least. Anyway hands off.

Can’t say I’ve ever seen him play although I have heard he’s highly rated and I’d like to see us go for guys that have been performing well in a lower league rather than the merry go round of Championship players.

I wouldn’t offer Norway a deal far too injury prone hardly played since he’s been here.

No huge surprises there. Smith possible may have been offered a deal had more finances available but they were the obvious ones to go. I’d assume that means everyone else will have been offered something at least.

We signed Smith im like yass. Dancer

54 goals in 3 seasons for stirling. He.ll defo do

I dont know if they played him more central or as part of a two , hes defo not a winger thats for sure

Wish all the leaving lads the very best

Only one I would have kept was Darren Smith the rest I’m not worried about.. wouldn’t be too fussed if McStay left either feel like most games last season he didn’t bother his arse, tho can turn it on when he wants to, to inconsistent for me.

Only really bothered about Grant & Love sighing (have my doubts)

Then hopefully we can pick up a few good freebies or a few loanees 

Smith was ok but we didn’t see the form he showed at Stirling unfortunately. The rest aren’t a great loss. 

Preferably would keep mcstay and grant along with love and Lamont. 

Quite happy with the names who are away. Dont understand why people would want to waste a wage on Smith for another season. Bar that goal at Falkirk he was hopeless. Never seen a pro footballer forget how to dribble a football as much in my life.

Disappointed with how things turned out with Wylde. Expected him to really make an impression.

Quite excited at the prospect of new players coming in in the (hopefully) not too distant future now some space has been freed up.