the_bully_wee

Clyde FC; Season 2020-21

Allison left in December. Can't see Smith being kept on either; you'd imagine he'd have been given a decent wage to get him away from Stirling. Syvertsen definitely good enough for that level but he's basically been injured since we signed him.
It's a tough gig given that we've apparently got less money, it's going to be a harder division than last year and we've already lost the pace of Cunningham, Lang and Livingstone who were all so important in moving us away from the bottom two. From those that are signed up, Rumsby, Johnston and Cuddihy have a lot of work to do convincing anyone they're League 1 players based on last year (truthfully only Cuddihy has a chance from that trio). Howie and McNiff did okay at centre half, not convinced they'd partner each other well though. In truth I'm a bit worried given the last two summers. We desperately need players with pace all across the pitch.
Agree about Smith.

Syvertsen looked really good last preseason but we can't afford to have any injury prone players and no idea if he is still in Scotland.

No idea why we offered 2 year deals to some of those players especially given the financial situation. We are going to be stuck with Rumsby, McNiff and Howie as our options at centre half.

Grant we should do all we can to keep or to at least ensure we get a development fee.

Rankin will be a big loss.

Really only leaves Lennon a decision to make on Love, McStay and Lamont.

We really need a good bunch of summer signings from Lennon this time round no Gormans, Ferns or Wallaces this time. Definitely need some pace in the team and an actual left back!

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Rankin retired confirmed on twitter.

Top Pro.. as they say, gave the same commitment and professionalism to us as he did as a young player in SPL.. What a difference with him and wasters like Sean Higgins etc who stole a wage for 2-3 years!

Wish him all the best, pity his fracture robbed him of most of last season. Thanks For contribution John

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Agree about Smith.

Syvertsen looked really good last preseason but we can't afford to have any injury prone players and no idea if he is still in Scotland.

No idea why we offered 2 year deals to some of those players especially given the financial situation. We are going to be stuck with Rumsby, McNiff and Howie as our options at centre half.

Grant we should do all we can to keep or to at least ensure we get a development fee.

Rankin will be a big loss.

Really only leaves Lennon a decision to make on Love, McStay and Lamont.

We really need a good bunch of summer signings from Lennon this time round no Gormans, Ferns or Wallaces this time. Definitely need some pace in the team and an actual left back!

I'd say we need a left and a right back. Enough of having centre halves and midfielders filling in.

I'd let Lamont and McStay leave as I think they are too inconsistent. A small squad requires a much greater return than they provided last season.
Smith should follow for the same reason.

Given the present situation there may be plenty of better players available and affordable than what's been realistically obtainable in previous close seasons.

I would like to keep McStay and Lamont. I don't see what is people's problem with Lamont I think he is one of our best players, his biggest asset I believe is his ability carry the ball up the park which starts off many of our attacks and also the shift he puts in every game.

25 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I would like to keep McStay and Lamont. I don't see what is people's problem with Lamont I think he is one of our best players, his biggest asset I believe is his ability carry the ball up the park which starts off many of our attacks and also the shift he puts in every game.

Not been following this for a whiile,  But where is Ray grant

I don’t think there would be many clubs tracking Lamont & McStay I think it would be realistic to keep them on a reasonable wage, I know some Ayrshire teams offered Ally Love a deal last season for better money but opted to stay at Clyde, think another smash in his wages and he’ll leave which you can’t blame him. 

Fear we have no chance of signing Grant with QP floating about.

Lose they guys we will be in big trouble next season.

Just now, shawfield shed boy said:

Lamont is a good player and some people may only realise this if he leaves and his replacement not up to his level due to budget.

He's a terrific player when we're counter-attacking. He's also terrific when Lennon lets us press high up the pitch. His performances in the Falkirk games in particular were as good as anything any player produced last season, bar some of DGW's.

However, he has to score more goals given the position he plays in, and he has to be better when we play against a Duffyball team.

I'd 100% keep him, and McStay, who was great when we let him off the leash in the final five games of the season.

There’s not a chance Ray Grant is going to QP. 
Why not?

They'll be full time next season and will be splashing the cash to get in the Championship ASAP. His brother plays for them too.

We need to hurry up and find our own rich investor or we'll be back plodding along in league 2.

As squads are trimmed due to the impact of the virus I think there'll be many excellent players available. Many of those would have been outwith our financial capabilities to sign before the crisis but may be willing to take a lower salary to get a club.

Cove Rangers being promoted in place of Stranraer and other teams strengthening means we need to improve to stand still.

We already have 7 players already contacted. If we then re-sign McStay and Lamont we'll have nine players that finished seventh in league one.

I think better players will now be available to us.

I know this is probably a stupid question.

I've just bought my season book and my season card is credited to the value of £250.

If I take someone to a match with me and then have to top up the resultant cost, do I pay walk up cost or season card price?

7 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I know this is probably a stupid question.

I've just bought my season book and my season card is credited to the value of £250.

If I take someone to a match with me and then have to top up the resultant cost, do I pay walk up cost or season card price?

Will always be the Season Card price when paying by Season Card, even if you top up

What are the "arrangements" for those without a smart phone or do not wish to use one?

The concessions aren't!!

What are the "arrangements" for those without a smart phone or do not wish to use one?
The concessions aren't!!
Says on the website alternative arrangements can be made and you need to contact the club after purchasing the season card.