the_bully_wee

Clyde FC; Season 2020-21

19 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Like this innovative idea.

Fans don't need to worry about losing value if crowds are prohibited for a chunk of the season.

However, paranoia causing me to stress about phone running out of charge as I approach the turnstiles.

They're also needs to be an alternative for those lacking technological nous.

Or the app crashing. :lol: 

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/06/24/6451/ 
Do I like the idea? Yes.
Is having a card/app on my phone smashing? Yes.
Will I overspend massively and be required to top up my card further? Absolutely, yes.
Interested to hear other people’s thoughts but personally, I love it! Being able to spend the funds on different items is very clever. For example, if someone buys a season card but works a few Saturday afternoons, they can still use their funds and buy a top/put it towards hospitality.
If nothing else, it’s nice to see something inventive for a change.
This is ideal for me. I make probably 90% of home matches but occasionally work Saturday night shift meaning I have to miss the game. Great idea by the club.

And yes I too will overspend and need to top mine up

12 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Dancer. You know where i would go if it hadnt already left emoji1787.pngemoji481.pngemoji481.pngemoji481.png

A cynical person would be suspicious as you sat there with your laptop open, a full pint and a big grin on your face 😂

12 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Nah, PAYG.

Whatever, but I'll be forced to pay at the gate for the first time ever at broadwood 

Players released or retired (My list)

Cuddihy and Duffie
Rankin. Lyon and Wylde
Fitzpatrick. Norway and Smith

Have a bad feeling Ally Love might be in there, I hope im wrong but thats not to say he would resign but would rather we gave him that option.

3 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Players released or retired (My list)

Cuddihy

Cuddihy still has a year left on his deal

Cuddihy still has a year left on his deal

Ah Never knew. I was thinking he could be one of the 'Pro's' mentioned in interview incorrectly and now confirms my worry that Ally love could be away reading between lines as rest either bit part or Young lads from a fairly obvious list (excluding Rankin of course if his retirement indeed true)

Cuddihy, Rumsby, Howie, McNiff, Johnston, Mitchell and Goodwillie are all the players contracted for next season.

Allison, Fitzpatrick, Duffie, Lyon, McMullin and Wylde are all the obvious ones to let go.

5 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Cuddihy, Rumsby, Howie, McNiff, Johnston, Mitchell and Goodwillie are all the players contracted for next season.

Allison, Fitzpatrick, Duffie, Lyon, McMullin and Wylde are all the obvious ones to let go.

Allison left in December. Can't see Smith being kept on either; you'd imagine he'd have been given a decent wage to get him away from Stirling. Syvertsen definitely good enough for that level but he's basically been injured since we signed him.

It's a tough gig given that we've apparently got less money, it's going to be a harder division than last year and we've already lost the pace of Cunningham, Lang and Livingstone who were all so important in moving us away from the bottom two. From those that are signed up, Rumsby, Johnston and Cuddihy have a lot of work to do convincing anyone they're League 1 players based on last year (truthfully only Cuddihy has a chance from that trio). Howie and McNiff did okay at centre half, not convinced they'd partner each other well though. In truth I'm a bit worried given the last two summers. We desperately need players with pace all across the pitch.

Thought Mcniff was much improved alongside Tom Lang (big miss). 

Will need more support for Goodie up top this year also.

Get your season cards bought tomorrow & give the club the best possible chance of signing the players that Danny will be after!

Will be the old cliche of small squad hopefully with some quality. I 100% agree we need much more pace across the park. 

Getting Livingston back would be great. Everyone mentioned above leaving I can’t argue with. Even Ally Love, definitely big impact player, do love the guy but unless he can agree a smallish wage (and why should he I get that) I think we can probably get a better player for starting 11. I still see him as a valuable impact sub.

Don't think we can afford the money that McStay would want given he is so inconsistent, we can’t risk that. Possibly same with Lamont again I like Lamont but we need his good performances every week at this stage.

Would've obviously wanted to keep him if he continued playing but on the flip side he must be one of our highest earners off the wage bill.

If it wasn't for the Song of the Clyde I'd be fair struggling with this week's Friday quiz. No issues at all with the two games I was at but not a clue about the last game at Shawfield.

The minute we moved Rankin into a free role, combined with ditching the McNiff/Rumsby centre half pairing, was the moment we became the second best team in League 2 last year. Playing McStay/Grant in the middle put us as the best. He was completely underwhelming in the first couple of months, absolutely outstanding from November onwards linking up with DGW. He was a big miss this year.