Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

33 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Surely yous aren't being charged rent on the stadium if it's closed due to this, they can surely claim money for it as it is a business to be fair.

How can you be making such a loss each year and needing so much funding if you don't own the stadium and posting decent crowds. 

The players must be on substantial wages if thats happening and to say that without funding they would be fighting Relegation play off without the funding. 

What's actually going on? 

That’s the most frustrating part, nobody knows what’s going on. Goodwillie aside (and even then I think part of his wage is handled externally) we’re hardly paying a team of world beaters. We got promoted from League Two playing McNiff at LB and Rumsby at CB.

I think, it’s only my opinion, that part time players now seem to see themselves as footballers with another part time sideline or job. The football being their job if they are asked or profile on Social Media. Generalisation I know but as such I think they expect, and the market has bought into it offering very decent money even at L1 level.

L1 and L2 boys in late teens early 20’s with agents etc.. bonkers. Well Is to me, brought up watching guys like Brian Ahern, the real Danny McGrain 🤪 and Allan Swann etc.

I know this isn't our league but thought it was worth sharing nonetheless. Wondering if Leagues 1 and 2 could follow?

And are they expecting fans to be allowed back by mid October? Surely some Championship clubs wouldn't be able to sustain playing behind closed doors with no income

I know this isn't our league but thought it was worth sharing nonetheless. Wondering if Leagues 1 and 2 could follow?
And are they expecting fans to be allowed back by mid October? Surely some Championship clubs wouldn't be able to sustain playing behind closed doors with no income

They mentioned 1 round of games behind closed doors, but hopefully things improve so fans can attend all

10 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Think we have a vote on this upcoming too.

I really really hope we can vote it through too. Will be raging if they mothball it for a year

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Our chairman is planning to start behind closed doors in Oct, with limited attendance being allowed from Jan onwards. 

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Financially would it be better for us to just play, say, an 18 game season in front of crowds than play 27 games with the opening few behind closed doors?

Yes in broad terms, but the issue will be the allocations from the football authorities. If you can't play do they cut your place/prize money? Part of the issue here is also not being able to find companies to sponsor clubs and competitions, not helped by the interminable reconstruction talks to save Hearts.

6 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Not all outgoings will have stopped but there is no income coming in other than donations and the last prize money payment.

The furlough scheme covers 80% of wages, the club are still paying the other 20%.

I have no idea if NLC will still be charging rent as payments are spread throughout the year. Loan and mortgage payments will still be paid by clubs and as you said the tax is deferred it is still going to have to be paid at a later date.

There is conditions on what the £50k can be used for. I don't think you can just use for the playing budget.

That's why timing of this statement is bizarre,   Will the SPFL trust withhold clydes application for 50 k for covid relief,     Honourable thing to do topping up the extra 20 % of wages don't know how many clubs are doing that,  surely they must have had some idea of costs for this not to forget businesses can app!y for government grants,  All right it's kicking g a couple of cans down the road, but it gives the business a chance to trade...  Clyde especially when they rent Broadwood should be fine with the stadium being biosecure though with NLC as owners Having to make it safe.....

New club statement saying we'll be voting no to 14 10 10 10 and reasons why. Also we're currently in the application process for the £50k SPFL trust grant with the deadline 12 noon tomorrow.

Edited by C. Muir

5 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

New club statement saying we'll be voting no to 14 10 10 10 and reasons why. Also we're currently in the application process for the £50k SPFL trust grant with the deadline 12 noon tomorrow.

Dear Ann, can you make sure we get our £50k?

PTO

Naw!

Struggling to understand the concept of a 27 game season. Scrap the challenge Cup for starters and maybe the league Cup as well and play mid week games. 

My personal preference is we use this opportunity to switch to a summer season and restart the league in February next year. 

Why can't we turn our televisions off and start the season in October? Open the stadiums and bring light to the masses. Our economy is fucked, we might as well have some sort of enjoyment while we can.

Struggling to understand the concept of a 27 game season. Scrap the challenge Cup for starters and maybe the league Cup as well and play mid week games. 
My personal preference is we use this opportunity to switch to a summer season and restart the league in February next year. 
We don't know when we will be able to play in front of a crowd again starting in Oct for 27 games will hopefully at least minimise the number of closed doors games.

You would need to be playing midweek right from the start in Oct if we can't play in front of a crowd till Jan then you'll be doubling the number of closed door games.

As for the season we already play 11 months. A summer season swaps July for January as the month off which sounds great until you realise we would have to start and end the season when there is the highest risk of games being postponed.

Hopefully that is the end of the debate on reconstruction for 2020. We can now plan sensibly, or at least a bit more so.

I don't understand or appreciate all the difficulties or costs involved but I can see a situation where we could get 1500 in Broadwood by October which will only be an issue for a couple of games a season.

Lets move on and get down to supporting the club through this.

Begging bowl.

I am sick and tired of every time i open the website, as i feel as if i am being put under more pressure to give more money. I will support Clyde no matter what league we play in, but i am starting to feel guilty at not being able to afford more, and to be honest after 50 years as a supporter through thick and thin i am being put off. If i had more then like many others i would gladly give. 

Maybe its time to accept a few realities and live within out means.