Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, lionel wickson said:
1 hour ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:
The signing rumours I’ve heard from a very reliable source connected to the club is McStay, Lamont, Love all signed up now with Ray Grant taking his time as in talks with QP and we are in talks with Stef Mccluskey and a young left back called Sam Wardrop just released from Celtic.

Wardrop's a right back who spent the last two seasons with Dundee United. He was on loan to us when the season ended.

1 hour ago, Derry said:

Sam Wardrop is a right back who plays with Dundee Utd but was on loan at Dumbarton last year and has been released by Utd 

plus rumours and reliable sources sounds wrong lol 

Yous sound upset ?

7 minutes ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:

Yous sound upset ?

About what 😂 

your source can’t be that great if can’t get the lads position correct when he was in the same league as yous last season 

Edited by Derry

Now imagine bringing in Stef McCluskey and losing Ray Grant. The concerning thing about Grant is QP are now full time and his brother plays there.
Was in one of the papers that Queens Park are speaking to Grant. Would be surprised if we do keep hold of him but would expect he would get a full time club in league 1 or the championship.

Reconstruction still on the agenda with 14-10-10-10 the latest proposal. No Colts with Kelty and Brora joining the SPFL.

11 hours ago, David W said:

It does specifically state in the statement :

Whether you believe that or not is up to every individual.

Hours later, another proposal is flung at clubs with less than a week to give their vote on. Fucking right I’m sceptical. 

1 hour ago, Tartan Pants said:

How have QP manage to go full time ?

Could be totally wrong with this (and somebody please correct me if I am) but I believe the SFA offered QP £2 million for Hampden, whereas the club wanted £6 million. Haughey then invested another £2 million of his own money so QP have pocketed £4 million all in.

45 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Could be totally wrong with this (and somebody please correct me if I am) but I believe the SFA offered QP £2 million for Hampden, whereas the club wanted £6 million. Haughey then invested another £2 million of his own money so QP have pocketed £4 million all in.

Money is really important but don't forget that both Kelty and QP have a built in handicap with their current choice in first team coach. 

Mitchell

Howie Rumsby Gorman Allison

Ferns Rankin Petkov Wallace Johnston

Smith 

Sub: Hopkirk, Hughes.

vs.

Gourlay

Lyon Lang Cogill Livingstone

Cunningham Grant McStay Banks

Love Syvertsen

Subs: Boyle, Kipre, Martin, Belmokhtar, McMullin, Wylde.

Probably for the best that we don't let Danny sign anyone until the summer transfer window has officially shut. I feel sorry putting Mitchell, Rankin and Howie in that team, it's horrible.

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

I'm sure the squad were offered part-time professional contracts though? Saying that, full-time and part-time wages in the lower leagues aren't too dissimilar. One of my good pals was playing with Livingston in the Championship a few years ago on £325 p/w which as far as I know isn't too much more than Clyde pay McNiff.

21 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I'm sure the squad were offered part-time professional contracts though? Saying that, full-time and part-time wages in the lower leagues aren't too dissimilar. One of my good pals was playing with Livingston in the Championship a few years ago on £325 p/w which as far as I know isn't too much more than Clyde pay McNiff.

I think they have only recently made the shift to full-time. David Galt signed a new deal with them and confirmed on Twitter that it’s a full-time contract.

18 hours ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:

we are in talks with Stef Mccluskey and a young left back called Sam Wardrop just released from Celtic.

Sam Wardrop hasn't looked great whenever I've seen him. He certainly isn't an upgrade on Cuddihy or even Duffie. I remember him scoring for Celtic in the youth cup final but that's not saying much seeing as it's the same school Jack Breslin came from. Hopefully if he does come I'll be proven wrong.

No way the Stef McCluskey thing is true. Fine with us in L2, mediocre at Morton, rubbish at Pollok, not great at Dumbarton and around 30. I'd be very worried if that's the calibre of player we're looking at.

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I took out a club membership a few days ago for the first time. What's the script with getting access to the owners forum etc?!

I think you would just click on Clyde FC Owners' Forum, then instead of Login click Register Website Account.

Not 100% sure though, been a while since I last registered.