Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Social distancing in grounds could work for the likes of us and Airdrie who have white elephant grounds and a relatively small support. Wouldn't be able to maintain it at the likes of Falkirk who average about half their stadium capacity meaning plenty of fans would miss out or the 1 stand grounds like Dumbarton or East Fife where there's less space and everyone needs to congregate in the one stand. And then you have the terraced stadiums too that would need guidelines all over the terraces similar to what you get in supermarkets to makesure everybodys staying the required distance apart.

I'm all for ignoring the rest of the sides next season and just having a 2 team league with us and Airdrie if it means getting to see some football again.

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Social distancing in grounds could work for the likes of us and Airdrie who have white elephant grounds and a relatively small support. Wouldn't be able to maintain it at the likes of Falkirk who average about half their stadium capacity meaning plenty of fans would miss out or the 1 stand grounds like Dumbarton or East Fife where there's less space and everyone needs to congregate in the one stand. And then you have the terraced stadiums too that would need guidelines all over the terraces similar to what you get in supermarkets to makesure everybodys staying the required distance apart.

I'm all for ignoring the rest of the sides next season and just having a 2 team league with us and Airdrie if it means getting to see some football again.

There may well be an important point in all of that. If we can show we can put on games where others cannot we may find ourselves in an expanded Championship. Outside chance but I think it is a small possibility.

10 minutes ago, clyde_r_us said:

Not till we know what way the vote went

I understand the sentiment. Unfortunately if it goes to a 14 team Premier then the club will need us to step up. Anger has to be targeted elsewhere.

Personally, and without calling for boycotts, I will refrain from attending as many away games and donate £10 to Clyde each time I do not go. 

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

12 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I understand the sentiment. Unfortunately if it goes to a 14 team Premier then the club will need us to step up. Anger has to be targeted elsewhere.

Personally, and without calling for boycotts, I will refrain from attending as many away games and donate £10 to Clyde each time I do not go. 

Or when/if we're likely to see a game again

It was mentioned to have more games played at suitable grounds. Airdrie, Clyde, even Montrose, could host 3 games a day on Saturday and Sunday, 1 each week night during the week. Could be a solution to getting games on . Clubs with synthetic pitches and big enough stadia , a short term solution. Would mean clubs playing at neutral venues but the “home” team makes the money , as per normal.

39 minutes ago, lumos said:

It was mentioned to have more games played at suitable grounds. Airdrie, Clyde, even Montrose, could host 3 games a day on Saturday and Sunday, 1 each week night during the week. Could be a solution to getting games on . Clubs with synthetic pitches and big enough stadia , a short term solution. Would mean clubs playing at neutral venues but the “home” team makes the money , as per normal.

How is a stadium being cleaned in between matches when you're playing 3 games a day?

How are you going to balance socially distanced queueing and getting people into the stadium on time? You can't have people turning up an hour or two before kick off if there is an earlier game still going on.

Who is paying for the stadium? Whether it's club or council owned, you'd have to pay to use it.

What if Elgin or Peterhead aren't deemed as having suitable grounds? Are they expected to travel to Montrose to play their home games, when unnecessary travel should be at a minimum?

Edited by Jaggy Snake

18 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

What if Elgin or Peterhead aren't deemed as having suitable grounds? Are they expected to travel to Montrose to play their home games, when unnecessary travel should be at a minimum?

Fans of they clubs having to travel to Montrose aswell. Links Park would be near enough empty for a Elgin or Peterhead home game, would be aswell just playing behind closed doors at their own grounds.

See that some Edinburgh businessman has made a large donation to the SPFL trust with each of the 42 clubs eligible for a £50k grant.
Decent gesture, should certainly help. I just hope this isn't linked to reconstruction. The guy that has made the donation is a Hearts fan.

How is a stadium being cleaned in between matches when you're playing 3 games a day?
How are you going to balance socially distanced queueing and getting people into the stadium on time? You can't have people turning up an hour or two before kick off if there is an earlier game still going on.
Who is paying for the stadium? Whether it's club or council owned, you'd have to pay to use it.

My suggestion obviously isn’t viable under current restrictions. Possibly only 1 or 2 games per day to allow for cleaning and safe movement. I didn’t say it was a perfect solution

23 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
45 minutes ago, C. Muir said:
See that some Edinburgh businessman has made a large donation to the SPFL trust with each of the 42 clubs eligible for a £50k grant.

Decent gesture, should certainly help. I just hope this isn't linked to reconstruction. The guy that has made the donation is a Hearts fan.

It does specifically state in the statement :

This personal donation has been made without qualification or pre-condition relating to future structure or governance at the SPFL.

Whether you believe that or not is up to every individual.

Regarding the stadium issue, I am encouraged that we have two directors serving on the SPFL working group. I've no doubt they'll be arguing our case regarding our facilities, whilst also having a slight advantage in terms of being kept in the loop about what could be happening going forward.

The signing rumours I’ve heard from a very reliable source connected to the club is McStay, Lamont, Love all signed up now with Ray Grant taking his time as in talks with QP and we are in talks with Stef Mccluskey and a young left back called Sam Wardrop just released from Celtic.
Wardrop's a right back who spent the last two seasons with Dundee United. He was on loan to us when the season ended.

7 minutes ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:

The signing rumours I’ve heard from a very reliable source connected to the club is McStay, Lamont, Love all signed up now with Ray Grant taking his time as in talks with QP and we are in talks with Stef Mccluskey and a young left back called Sam Wardrop just released from Celtic.

Sam Wardrop is a right back who plays with Dundee Utd but was on loan at Dumbarton last year and has been released by Utd 

plus rumours and reliable sources sounds wrong lol