Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

If that team in Duffy's final season got promoted it would've got absolutely obliterated in the league above. 

MacDonald and a fit Scott Ferguson would've handled the step up no bother but that's about it. 

Indeed I'm sure apart from MacDonald and McCluskey the only one from that team that left and got a club higher up the pyramid was Scullion :lol: Always knew that man had something about him...

Edited by C. Muir

11 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/06/07/6438/

Best diamond/gem related pun will receive a greeny.

His CV shows great experience and he has a mine of information on the Scottish game. Apparently he is old enough to remember Tommy Ring. Couple of personal tit bits, his favourite album is Sparkle in the Rain by Glasgow's Simple Minds and he was born in Glasgow just across from the Argyll Arcade. He does say he looks forward to working with Danny and is fully engaged in implementing the Board strategy.

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

If that team in Duffy's final season got promoted it would've got absolutely obliterated in the league above. 

MacDonald and a fit Scott Ferguson would've handled the step up no bother but that's about it. 

Indeed I'm sure apart from MacDonald and McCluskey the only one from that team that left and got a club higher up the pyramid was Scullion :lol: Always knew that man had something about him...

Jamie Barclay stayed a season then moved up a league. With incredible consequences:

That game against Stranraer should've been enough for JC to have his contract ripped up for breach of contract.

Absolute imposter of a GK. How he was at our club so long showed how dark it was back then. He might've shagged a keeper but he never was one

Good to see David Mitchell doing well for you! I honestly thought Gibson had a lot of potential, but obviously wrong on that count.

Edited by Ludo*1

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Was Barclay that bad for us? I didn't think he was.

He was the 2012-13 Owners Player of the year and made the Scottish PFA 's Third Division Team of the Year.

I agree, given at the time we had no money. Could have been better if he had lost a bit of weight. Nowhere near as bad as Hutchison, Rajovic, Gibson (who pulled off an occasional stunner of a save).

1 hour ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Jamie Barclay and JC Hutchison, add Paul Jarvie to that mix. We've had some right fuckin stinking goalies 😂😂 Gibson wasn't that much better either!

Then we've had some top drawer keepers like Mitchell, Martin and Mentel.

I mind us going through some amount of keepers that season we had Mentel as he got that bad injury and had to be sent back to Dundee Utd. 

Mentel, JC, David Crawford, Alan Combe for a single appearance, Nick Feely and I think someone else I'm forgetting all on the books that campaign 😂

44 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I mind us going through some amount of keepers that season we had Mentel as he got that bad injury and had to be sent back to Dundee Utd. 

Mentel, JC, David Crawford, Alan Combe for a single appearance, Nick Feely and I think someone else I'm forgetting all on the books that campaign 😂

When Mentel was injured, the infamous Lucas Birnstingl played in a friendly against Spartans, signed, and then promptly disappeared. Just as well given his appearances for Montrose and the like.

That was the same season that Kevin Finlayson popped up for a game as a trialist, to "do us a favour". Highly rated Dale Fulton came on loan for a game from Falkirk, then vanished. And Grant Dickie made his debut :wub: 

8 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Heard a wee rumour we are looking to try bring in Stef McCluskey ? 

Nothing spectacular but could do a lot worse. 

Aye, get that in the sea; spends more time on his backside than on his feet, nowhere near good enough for even L1

9 hours ago, David W said:

When Mentel was injured, the infamous Lucas Birnstingl played in a friendly against Spartans, signed, and then promptly disappeared. Just as well given his appearances for Montrose and the like.

That was the same season that Kevin Finlayson popped up for a game as a trialist, to "do us a favour". Highly rated Dale Fulton came on loan for a game from Falkirk, then vanished. And Grant Dickie made his debut :wub: 

Christ I mind that Finlayson game. As limited as we were that season (you said yourself John Neill was the only goal threat) that was ridiculous. Suppose he did do us a favour in that he was awful and not to be seen again after that.

1 hour ago, lumos said:

Best “goalie on loan” has to be Connor Quinn. What a performance against Ayr Utd in both cup ties. What happened to him?

Not played for anyone since being at us according to transfermarkt, although I'm unsure how accurate that site is.