Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Sadly can remember two 7-1s and two 8-1s in a ten year period that didn't go in our favour. My favourite being Barry Ferguson's all-out attack with wing-backs playing as wingers approach at Ibrox.

1 hour ago, David W said:

Sadly can remember two 7-1s and two 8-1s in a ten year period that didn't go in our favour. My favourite being Barry Ferguson's all-out attack with wing-backs playing as wingers approach at Ibrox.

How long did he take to change it? Pretty sure we were 5-0 down at HT and we came out for the second half lining up the exact same :lol:

Edited by ScottR96

24 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

How long did he take to change it? Pretty sure we were 5-0 down at HT and we came out for the second half lining up the exact same :lol:

Nah, he made three changes at the break I'm sure. We had Ross McKinnon policing midfield and Frances on at left-back. Gordon Young came on as well.

That was basically the end of Sweeney (thank god).

23 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

We had our pink top on that day if I remember only wore it twice and got beat both times! Kevin Watt scored our consolation.

I think we wore it three times.

V Rangers  (8-1)

V Spartans (2-0)

V Arbroath (4-0) - and it was 4-0 at halftime!

An even worse top than the Man U grey effort.

18 minutes ago, David W said:

I think we wore it three times.

V Rangers  (8-1)

V Spartans (2-0)

V Arbroath (4-0) - and it was 4-0 at halftime!

An even worse top than the Man U grey effort.

I had it on a few days ago 😂!

Nah, he made three changes at the break I'm sure. We had Ross McKinnon policing midfield and Frances on at left-back. Gordon Young came on as well.
That was basically the end of Sweeney (thank god).
Come on now, I'm sure you still regularly wear your Sweeney mask.

47 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

I remember John Sweeney was described as a club legend at one time, a reminder of how bad we really were. 

During lockdown I've been watching a couple of the highlights videos most days. I am currently in Duffy's first full season, where John Neill is literally our only hope of a goal (and he spends half the time with his head in his hands) and the opposition can score just by playing a ball inside Lee Sharp once a game. That was the season Sweeney mania really took off, because he scored a couple of crackers in the first couple of games. 

That team at one point went 18 games with only one win against the Shire to speak of. We conceded 22 goals in five trips to Montrose across a couple of seasons :lol:Horrendous times.