the_bully_wee

Clyde FC; Season 2020-21

https://www.cumbernauld-news.co.uk/sport/football/one-year-clyde-hero-ally-love-reflects-his-promotion-winning-penalty-against-annan-2856973

Also seen in the Cumbernauld News that Kevin Nicoll has signed for Cumbernauld Utd. Would have thought he could still do a job in league 2.

RecAlly Love.Cumbernauld News interview.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:
2 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:
Can our financial position really be so bad?The Government is paying 80% of the wage bill.Presumably we haven’t been paying rent since NL closed down Broadwood .The Celtic game must have taken some of the pressure off.And in addition almost £15000 has been collected in donations and I am sure that total will increase.Also,before I forget, 236 of us pay £5 a month into the Bully Wee Fund.Time to believe our glass is half full.

There is a couple of financial updates on the club website. We ran at a loss the last 2 years and would have made a loss again if not for the Celtic game. The playing budget will be smaller next year and there is a £50k shortfall that the fans need to fill.

Won’t stop the usual suspect and his minions ignoring stated facts and saying we should be storming the league. 

“Campbell Ogilvie” and “best practice” in the same sentence?

What player isn’t weighing up their options just now, I wouldn’t be reading too much into that comment. 

The new tuna and scampi pies being sold at Broadwood next season look tasty. Doing the rounds on twitter 😂.

Well done to everyone who put together the POTY video. Had me feeling a wee bit misty-eyed at the end. Longing for the football to return now.

A very slick production from the club tonight. Really can't wait to get back to Broadwood. Hopefully we can return to normal when football finally comes back. I'm sick listening to the news, it is depressing and just want to re find a semblance of normality again soon.

Well done Clyde FC!

Edited by TheBigGuy

Had a good laugh at the end when Danny stood up. Black tie and no trousers. Alan Moore’s performances were slightly disturbing though ! 

The donation page had been going up slowly but nice to see just under £1200 go into it yesterday, taking it to £15810. Great effort. 

Also, well done to all involved in last nights end of season awards. Good content(especially the highlights of the season), along with a bit of a laugh. 

33 minutes ago, Straight red - black and white said:

Great show last night. It reminded me what it means to me to be part of the Clyde community. Congrats to everybody involved.

Interesting that the donations page showed an increase over the weekend (as mentioned in a previous post) I wonder if the show helped in that regard.
The highlights clip at the end was fantastic (great memories!) and I’m sure motivated some additional contributors. Well done everyone!

I still don’t understand why it donation page is not more prominent, it’s been suggested many times. Still as I say great effort to all who give what they can👏

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Interesting that the donations page showed an increase over the weekend (as mentioned in a previous post) I wonder if the show helped in that regard.
The highlights clip at the end was fantastic (great memories!) and I’m sure motivated some additional contributors. Well done everyone!

I still don’t understand why it donation page is not more prominent, it’s been suggested many times. Still as I say great effort to all who give what they can👏

A wee reminder post on social media every so often would be good, I see a link is permanent on the website home page. 

Don’t want to push it too much and look desperate though.

Richard Foster released from Ross County, would be a good experienced signing and doesn’t look like Rankin signing on.

Richard Foster released from Ross County, would be a good experienced signing and doesn’t look like Rankin signing on.

How is Rankin not signing on?

We should sign absolutely no one until we know for certain when we'll be playing again.
Agreed but Q was why wouldn’t Rankin not sign on?

Rankin had only just battled back to full fitness after his injury, seems odd going to all that effort just to jack it in.