Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I'm not falling for your reticent Manuel the waiter routine (rather spookily, from Barcelona!), but i am led to believe this is wrong. 

It was much, much more than that.

The figure you quote is apparently a 'settlement', in other words, an admission of liable for the debt. 

At that figure, we're talking almost £2k per game.

On food. 

I didn't recall seeing any players gobbling down plates of lobster or halfing a chateubriand, so perhaps the question ought to be, for what reason is it the board consider themselves paying such a fee that hasn't yet been disclosed? 

One party is accused of highwaymanship, while the other pisses away money it doesn't have. Is it just to get rid of him? 

I thought the CIC model was supposed to aid transparency? I suppose some questions are better left to those in charge to deal with, I’ll just stick to worrying about on the pitch events rather than the nonsense behind the scenes

16 minutes ago, lumos said:

I thought the CIC model was supposed to aid transparency? I suppose some questions are better left to those in charge to deal with, I’ll just stick to worrying about on the pitch events rather than the nonsense behind the scenes

Well, if you’re an “ owner” you’d already know that’s certainly not the case with the CIC model sadly.

27 minutes ago, lumos said:

Rather contradictory, this. In principle and in its sales pitch, yes it professes to incorporate transparency. Many will have varying views on this USP as a meaningful factor, while remaining as owners/members/shareholders/cashcows. Their/our choice. Yet given such an option, you opt not to endorse it other than as a nosey-parker, and choose to foster a viewpoint on matters with third-hand information and no regard to how 'on the pitch events' have been steered until now. Your interest moved away from the pitch awfully quickly, did it not?

Rather contradictory, this. In principle and in its sales pitch, yes it professes to incorporate transparency. Many will have varying views on this USP as a meaningful factor, while remaining as owners/members/shareholders/cashcows. Their/our choice. Yet given such an option, you opt not to endorse it other than as a nosey-parker, and choose to foster a viewpoint on matters with third-hand information and no regard to how 'on the pitch events' have been steered until now. Your interest moved away from the pitch awfully quickly, did it not?

No sales pitch
Not a nosey Parker
Didn’t move away from the pitch quickly
Your word salad is clearly for others to digest as it means nothing to me, ah Vienna..

Well that was a fantastic day! No excuses for the rest of the season, that’s how we should be playing every game. Montrose will be a tough test as they should have beaten Falkirk last week so I’d be happy with a point. We showed today how we can play which makes the poor performances more annoying. More of today going forward and we will be safe

Excellent performance today. Tough to choose between Mitchell or Lamont as man of the match.

Our home form is actually pretty decent 3 wins and 2 draws in the last 5 league games. Another 2 home games coming up against Montrose and Dumbarton.

Great performance today, totally committed and when we had the ball tried to move it with pace.  Without the ball we kept shape and were organised, what a difference too with getting support to Goodwillie at last, Falkirk were terrified of him every time he got the ball.

Mitchell and Lamont in particular were brilliant today in a team with several great performances, like to add a special mention for Martin McNiff, who is roundly criticised as a LB, however in central defence again did very well. I’m not saying he was MOM or anything like that but credit to him considering the stick he has had this season. He played well today and Tom Lang someone tell him he does not have to overcommit in ever single tackle, calm down son!

Think Livingston and Cunningham  are improving game on game which is encouraging and Cudahy back to what he showed last season.
So.... some consistency please lads and some points on the board so we can relax a bit and enjoy the rest of the season.