Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

14 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

It's ladies day against Peterhead. Hughie was wanting to get his hair and nails done.

If we are turning away normal hospitality for the Peterhead game then that is ridiculous.

Or there was none planned or booked so commercial decision was made to try and do something different ?

2 hours ago, Clydeontheup said:

Or there was none planned or booked so commercial decision was made to try and do something different ?

£25 including match ticket (£15) and glass of Prosecco and tapas lunch - (now afternoon tea) that’s hardly going to generate some profit- for the Foundation, not the Club....... 

Fairly sure an arrangement could have been suggested to ensure the Club received £450 plus a hefty bar bill rather than the suggestion of the Farm-

Not exactly met with a “can do” attitude, which is disappointing....

I don't think we are in a position to be rejecting business considering there was supposed to be a deficit in the clubs finances.

The Peterhead game could be a huge game in trying to stay in this league. Telling folk not to bother and to go to the Farm instead us ridiculous when we should be trying to get as big a crowd as possible.

6 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

I don't think we are in a position to be rejecting business considering there was supposed to be a deficit in the clubs finances.

The Peterhead game could be a huge game in trying to stay in this league. Telling folk not to bother and to go to the Farm instead us ridiculous when we should be trying to get as big a crowd as possible.

My point exactly

4 hours ago, lumos said:

Is this just open criticism or do you offer a solution? Why were you turned down for hospitality?

Should it not be the Commercial Dept offering a solution? I asked the commercial dept for a solution- “ buy your tickets online and go to the Smiddy or the Farm was the attempt- so I then went ahead offered them a solution....

At time of communication there was no match sponsor in place- I asked if this was a possibility if the Club allowed a few more Boardroom guests- 

I was told to go on line to see what the match sponsor package included and to book through Club shop if I wanted to proceed.

Sorry if I’m not getting the hang of this Commercial thing ....

Should it not be the Commercial Dept offering a solution? I asked the commercial dept for a solution- “ buy your tickets online and go to the Smiddy or the Farm was the attempt- so I then went ahead offered them a solution....
At time of communication there was no match sponsor in place- I asked if this was a possibility if the Club allowed a few more Boardroom guests- 
I was told to go on line to see what the match sponsor package included and to book through Club shop if I wanted to proceed.
Sorry if I’m not getting the hang of this Commercial thing ....

Well there you have it , problem solved. I believe the last game v The Rangers of the Northeast we didn’t have any hospitality ( might be mixed up with another game) so may be why the commercial dept or whoever chose this game for the Ladies day event. A better response from the club would have been to offer matchday sponsors rather than just go elsewhere. As for the bar in the Arria, to my knowledge the club only make a very small profit from that, even with private events. A sound bit of business by our previous Chairman

5 minutes ago, lumos said:

Well there you have it , problem solved. I believe the last game v The Rangers of the Northeast we didn’t have any hospitality ( might be mixed up with another game) so may be why the commercial dept or whoever chose this game for the Ladies day event. A better response from the club would have been to offer matchday sponsors rather than just go elsewhere. As for the bar in the Arria, to my knowledge the club only make a very small profit from that, even with private events. A sound bit of business by our previous Chairman

Problem solved? 

19 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Genuine questions that I hope aren't covered by the owner/member Omerta.

Does the Arria make a profit?

Was it a worthy investment?

Depends upon who you consider the investment was made by, or if anyone's been saddled with it. Good luck finding any of this out, if you go the usual route!

8 minutes ago, lumos said:

Matchday sponsor or just slum it with the rest of us. If you are worried about loss of revenue for the club, why not just make a donation? Race night is coming up so you could buy extra raffle tickets

I’ve “slummed it” many times thanks- and will do many times again. This was a special day with a couple of guests who support Peterhead.... so could not be undertaken on another day.

Flights had already been booked before the Ladies Day had been announced. My fault for not checking and just assuming hospitality would be n offer.

Your solution suggesting I buy extra tickets at the race night is a stupid as it is unhelpful.

Depends upon who you consider the investment was made by, or if anyone's been saddled with it. Good luck finding any of this out, if you go the usual route!

That’s the golden question, was it the club or Norrie? Mr Innes is a shrewd businessman and it appears he’s done well for himself with the Arria Lounge, more than the club has. I wasn’t at the AGM but I believe this was discussed on the night. Anyone remember any details?

I’ve “slummed it” many times thanks- and will do many times again. This was a special day with a couple of guests who support Peterhead.... so could not be undertaken on another day.
Flights had already been booked before the Ladies Day had been announced. My fault for not checking and just assuming hospitality would be n offer.
Your solution suggesting I buy extra tickets at the race night is a stupid as it is unhelpful.

Tim Hortons does a lovely chicken wrap if Broadwood Farm or the Smiddy Inn isn’t suitable. You know the saying about assuming something so maybe I’m not stupid one, if you want to start throwing insults

Just now, lumos said:

Tim Hortons does a lovely chicken wrap if Broadwood Farm or the Smiddy Inn isn’t suitable. You know the saying about assuming something so maybe I’m not stupid one, if you want to start throwing insults

You’re one of the cult........ good luck

You’re one of the cult........ good luck

Don’t know who “ the cult “ are ( other than the 80’s rock group ) so you are off the mark there. All joking aside it’s a shame that the club doesn’t have hospitality available in the Arria that day. It’s a great day out. Is the matchday sponsor not an option? Or does it not cover a big enough party for you and your guests? Milanos is nice and not too far from the ground, would need to drive it as it’s not really walkable but a decent option. I hope you can get something [emoji1303]

3 minutes ago, lumos said:

Don’t know who “ the cult “ are ( other than the 80’s rock group ) so you are off the mark there. All joking aside it’s a shame that the club doesn’t have hospitality available in the Arria that day. It’s a great day out. Is the matchday sponsor not an option? Or does it not cover a big enough party for you and your guests? Milanos is nice and not too far from the ground, would need to drive it as it’s not really walkable but a decent option. I hope you can get something emoji1303.png

Terribly kind of you. Thank you.

23 minutes ago, lumos said:

That’s the golden question, was it the club or Norrie? Mr Innes is a shrewd businessman and it appears he’s done well for himself with the Arria Lounge, more than the club has. I wasn’t at the AGM but I believe this was discussed on the night. Anyone remember any details?

If you (or your sources) listened to what was said, and/or relayed them correctly, Mr Innes seemed to be missing some crucial part of the profiteering allegations being made, when presenting figures. That being, making a profit!

Its either that, or people have their goodie/baddie roles greatly misunderstood.

Then again, the stage needs a villain, and after a two hour bum-skelping of the directory with zero explanation from the incumbent board, an unwarranted vicious attack was launched at one of the only tangible fundraisers left in the room. 

For a club that greets about constantly being pratted, it seems money from various (if not most clear) sources is free to walk out the door and not pester the Ponzi scheme which appears to otherwise sustain it. £150k+ loss in two years? Handing out three year contracts?

They should be kissing feet! 

If you (or your sources) listened to what was said, and/or relayed them correctly, Mr Innes seemed to be missing some crucial part of the profiteering allegations being made, when presenting figures. That being, making a profit!

Its either that, or people have their goodie/baddie roles greatly misunderstood.

Then again, the stage needs a villain, and after a two hour bum-skelping of the directory with zero explanation from the incumbent board, an unwarranted vicious attack was launched at one of the only tangible fundraisers left in the room. 

For a club that greets about constantly being pratted, it seems money from various (if not most clear) sources is free to walk out the door and not pester the Ponzi scheme which appears to otherwise sustain it. £150k+ loss in two years? Handing out three year contracts?

They should be kissing feet! 

Thanks for that, like I said I wasn’t there on the night so if I had “ sources “ I wouldn’t be asking. You certainly seem to be more informed than I am as regards the financial side of things. Didn’t Mr Innes bill the club,after stepping down from the Chair, for £60,000 of food that he organised for the players? Or is this wrong ?

6 minutes ago, lumos said:

Thanks for that, like I said I wasn’t there on the night so if I had “ sources “ I wouldn’t be asking. You certainly seem to be more informed than I am as regards the financial side of things. Didn’t Mr Innes bill the club,after stepping down from the Chair, for £60,000 of food that he organised for the players? Or is this wrong ?

I'm not falling for your reticent Manuel the waiter routine (rather spookily, from Barcelona!), but i am led to believe this is wrong. 

It was much, much more than that.

The figure you quote is apparently a 'settlement', in other words, an admission of liable for the debt. 

At that figure, we're talking almost £2k per game.

On food. 

I didn't recall seeing any players gobbling down plates of lobster or halfing a chateubriand, so perhaps the question ought to be, for what reason is it the board consider themselves paying such a fee that hasn't yet been disclosed? 

One party is accused of highwaymanship, while the other pisses away money it doesn't have. Is it just to get rid of him?