Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

5 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

If Danny Lennon AND Allan Moore don't have the required contacts between them, who exactly do you think does have and would be willing to join the club? Let alone wherever you're getting the money to pay for a Director of Football.

Maybe one of the short list of candidates for the post? 
Where do we get the money for anything? Certainly not through commercial activities- no golf day planned- no speakers night organised- 

Lots we are not privy to I’d say.

10 minutes ago, HughieMc said:

Maybe one of the short list of candidates for the post? 
Where do we get the money for anything? Certainly not through commercial activities- no golf day planned- no speakers night organised- 

Lots we are not privy to I’d say.

Woukd a golf day cover a sporting director cost wise ?

Oh right - he made a Cnut of it AND he’s been let down by players. To be honest, how many of his signings have been a success? Mitchell, for sure. Howie at CB yes not RB. Lang, for sure but he didn’t play him in his natural position for months until Cogill got injured, CJ, No, Smith, No, Wallace No, Fitzpatrick, No, I could go on....... what part of any of this gives you the reason to trust he’ll remedy things with a completely new squad? I personally don’t think he has the contacts in football we’d expect of him and the sooner we appoint a well connected Director of Football to help bring players of the right standard to compete for promotion to the Championship, the better.
Danny has been given everything, he’s a very nice, friendly, approachable person and yes I believe he’s developed a real affinity with the Club..... but, 2 wins in 14 games.... not scored for a month, lack lustre performances, shocking finishing, poor tactics,  all very real criticisms...... something has to give eventually.
His post match interviews are becoming very repetitive, loaded with cliches and comments about believing in the quality in the dressing room. 
Well just over a quarter of the season to go and we’re 1 point off the playoff spot- I hope, I really hope, we turn things around..... but we’re running out of time for Danny to get this right.
Don't forget a two year contact for McNiff plus extensions for Duffie and Lamont plus the long, long wait for McStay to re-sign.

Not to mention no proper full back for half a season, except the always injured Duffie who's fourth choice RB behind two midfielders and a centre half.

31 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

On his day he is a good player. That's why I said he needs to be more consistent. Whereas Ross Lyon for example is shite all the time.

I must admit i've not been to every single game this season but what games has he played well? Struggling to think of any games where i've thought he's been decent.

Over on the relegation thread, it looks like 35 points should be more than likely enough to stay up.

We've got home games against Dumbarton, Forfar, Peterhead and Stranraer plus away at Stranraer. Those games will go a long way to deciding if we stay up or not.

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Since when did we start pulling everyone back to defend corners? Such a negative tactic and gives us no out ball. 

Dumbarton scored from a corner so it makes F all difference anyway. 

You are correct, does my head in everybody back.
Leave Goodie up and they would be terrified to leave him with less than 2/3 back looking after him. 

53 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Over on the relegation thread, it looks like 35 points should be more than likely enough to stay up.

We've got home games against Dumbarton, Forfar, Peterhead and Stranraer plus away at Stranraer. Those games will go a long way to deciding if we stay up or not.

We don’t have Stranraer at home again. 

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

I really hope we thump Peterhead..

3 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

You are correct, does my head in everybody back.
Leave Goodie up and they would be terrified to leave him with less than 2/3 back looking after him. 

This is one of several counter-productive issues that we've adopted, and like all the others the results simply are dreadful. 

Bringing in Lang, to either replace or partner whichever CBs we've used until now won't make the blindest bit of difference until the midfield grow a set and impose themselves. Grant sits far too deep for someone with virtually zero creative distribution, never actually picking up a man and often wandering into the spaces the CBs need to push their opponents back into. Put another way, none of our CBs ever get in Mitchell's road. There's a reason.

No denying that goals have come from individual errors among that group, but the sheer volume we're losing from runs/speculatives from outside the area is frightening. Last year this was down to Clownshoe Currie, but this time its down to pure shitebaggery in the middle. No wonder teams take us as easy beats when they know all they need to do is tire out McStay or Lamont  (if they even bother with them) and who invariably chuck it quickly. This was spotted early at Stranraer, and at Montrose. f**k all done about it. That's the managers fault.

11 hours ago, Clydeontheup said:

Woukd a golf day cover a sporting director cost wise ?

A golf day would contribute I guess, a speakers night would contribute I guess, turning down hospitality requests and advising 10 people to buy tickets on line and go to Broadwood Farm however, will not.

A golf day would contribute I guess, a speakers night would contribute I guess, turning down hospitality requests and advising 10 people to buy tickets on line and go to Broadwood Farm however, will not.

Is this just open criticism or do you offer a solution? Why were you turned down for hospitality?

Is this just open criticism or do you offer a solution? Why were you turned down for hospitality?
It's ladies day against Peterhead. Hughie was wanting to get his hair and nails done.

If we are turning away normal hospitality for the Peterhead game then that is ridiculous.