the_bully_wee

Clyde FC; Season 2020-21

23 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

yup if you try putting 100 quid on they would close the book

so nobody knows anything ? really

Somebody knows something- a vacancy has arisen at a Club our manager has strong ties to- his name is being published widely in the media as being a favourite to be offered the job.

It’s a full time role which is clearly Danny’s preference given we publicly declared an intention to make his job with us a full time position when possible.

interestingly one of the other names mentioned in relation to the vacant job, Kenny Miller has declared no interest.

No such claim so far from Danny. Just my opinion, but I’d say there is a very real possibility he’ll go.

I’d be delighted if he stays like everyone else I imagine, but I’m bracing myself.

Well perhaps some people know, Thistle the club will know if they’ve approached us or not but the bookies will not be in on the loop. Who else would know?
you really think nobody in the press know as said above all lennon needs to say is Im going nowhere

Ah my mistake, I thought you meant the bookies. Yeah sometimes the press have ways of finding out stuff but in this scenario I just think it’s a case of an ex thistle player being successful at management, leading to being linked with their available job. Same as Ian McCall is. Both were linked within hours or so of it becoming available. Journos would have had to go some to get info in that time.

Ah my mistake, I thought you meant the bookies. Yeah sometimes the press have ways of finding out stuff but in this scenario I just think it’s a case of an ex thistle player being successful at management, leading to being linked with their available job. Same as Ian McCall is. Both were linked within hours or so of it becoming available. Journos would have had to go some to get info in that time.
maybe putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 but the club / manager have gone very quiete since he was linked with the job at thistle . Maybe as you say there is nothing in it Next few days will let us know if anything is happening as The club would want this game out the way first

For me it's a case of an ex-Thistle player who is doing well in management at the moment being linked with the vacant job without any concrete evidence.

Fingers crossed it stays that way and he doesnt leave.

Would take Kevin Harper if Danny leaves

Or perhaps Allan Moore will step into the role, providing us with continuity and letting him be boss?

Other than the bookies having him as a favourite, there is nothing to suggest thistle are even interested. So why we are talking about a replacement is beyond me. 

Other than the bookies having him as a favourite, there is nothing to suggest thistle are even interested. So why we are talking about a replacement is beyond me. 
did you read the record article as well ( not most reliable ) but usually journos are tipped off

it is ridiculous to talk about replacements when he hasnt even gone yet

but when there are so many rumours ususlly means there is something in it

you think thats going to stop him if he wants to go ? ok lets hear lennon say hr isnt interested if not we better start looking for a new manager right now