Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

I think it's a reasonable question to ask, whether it's correct that teams should lose significant money playing an away cup game. Especially, against teams outwith Scotland who were invited into the competition by the ruling body.

Does supporter experience make that worthwhile? I'd say yes

Expenses for a travelling party of max 30 to include- squad, backroom staff and directors is covered by SFA. No cost to club for an away tie unless it’s they stay in suites and eat off the a la carte menu-

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Glenavon away for me.

A bit of relief from the sectarian pish in Glasgow.

Not a trace of irony either. 

If this is how it goes, it would be epic. The stangest part of the world i've ever seen. Portadown (another Billy team) play just down the road ....at a ground called Shamrock Park! It's a fucking mental place. Bring flags. All of them! An absolute must. 

I don't think we can throw stones over the OF tbh, given the content of a solid third of our own songbook. Times and places would have to be observed, in that regard. And if we got them, and waded through enough locals we might find the few home fans who give even less of a f**k about C or R than we do. 

Our team coach is Parks of Hamilton. Not sure what our arrangements are with them. 
We have a playing squad of 22. Then theres Danny Lennon, Allan Moore and the rest of the backroom staff so not far off 30 in total. 
We would make a profit when we beat Waterford and make it to the next round anyway... [emoji85]
Remember you have players, management, coaches, background staff, kit man, office staff, club directors all due to get flights/ transport and accommodation for the trip.

Say you only have 30 (defo be more) that's £333 per person.

Are you tiring the players out and bringing them on the 5+hlur trip on the morning of the game or are you letting them go the night efore so resting in the morning. Then following the game are you rushing them home on the next flight or that or do you let them have a night out to celebrate / team bond?

Do the players have to pay for their food while there are there or do the club provide this for them as well as all the others mentioned.

What about flights if Ireland how much are they just now or will you get a coach down south with the boys getting sore legs from barely moving for 8 hours.

Alot takes up the 10k you get so expect to be out of pocket for a mad away day

Remember you have players, management, coaches, background staff, kit man, office staff, club directors all due to get flights/ transport and accommodation for the trip.

Say you only have 30 (defo be more) that's £333 per person.

Are you tiring the players out and bringing them on the 5+hlur trip on the morning of the game or are you letting them go the night efore so resting in the morning. Then following the game are you rushing them home on the next flight or that or do you let them have a night out to celebrate / team bond?

Do the players have to pay for their food while there are there or do the club provide this for them as well as all the others mentioned.

What about flights if Ireland how much are they just now or will you get a coach down south with the boys getting sore legs from barely moving for 8 hours.

Alot takes up the 10k you get so expect to be out of pocket for a mad away day
lets not bother infact lets make sure we get knocked out this round

ps why would office staff go ?

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

lets not bother infact lets make sure we get knocked out this round

ps why would office staff go ?

So they can carry out a continuous count, in case they made an(other) error registering them?

I'd be nervous as hell about that, if i myself had laid an enormous egg of solid f**k and was still entrusted with that.