Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Scott Rumsby has signed a new deal. Hopefully he is used as a squad player and not a starter, however he seems to be one of Danny’s preferred options. Will see how he’s used. 

Wilson, Norway and Munro are offski. Feel bad for big Norway, obviously a player but can’t afford a wage on someone who can’t play a whole season. Wilson makes sense, he will drop down to League 2/LL and be a number 1 somewhere I reckon. 

Edited by Ocelot1877

"For example, last season he was at the heart of the defence helping us to achieve clean sheets against the likes of Ayr United, Peterhead, Dumbarton and Forfar."

I love Lennon but this a strange quote. 2 of those sides were garbage and finished below us. He was also all over the place against the 2 of them in other meetings.

Edited by C. Muir

5 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Adam Livingstone released by cove one we should go after

Think he might end back at Clyde? You in need of a left back?

Didn't really get game time with us as our LB Harry Milne is one of best players and first on the team sheet with Mitch

21 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

"For example, last season he was at the heart of the defence helping us to achieve clean sheets against the likes of Ayr United, Peterhead, Dumbarton and Forfar."

I love Lennon but this a strange quote. 2 of those sides were garbage and finished below us. He was also all over the place against the 2 of them in other meetings.

It's just nonsense. Dumbarton could hardly score a goal all season.

This new contract is a complete waste of money. A bottom half of League 2 player, at best.

Don't understand what Lennon sees in Rumsby. I would much rather have kept McNiff out of the two of them.

Sean Crighton who has dropped down into league 2 with Stenny and Neill who has just left Dumbarton would both have been better choices if going for a no nonsense centre half.

The danger is we now sign Neill and play him alongside Rumsby and just launch it long all season.

I thought Nicky Jamieson would have been a good shout when he left Queens Park at the end of 19/20 and he went to Alloa. No idea if he has resigned for them for next season.

1 minute ago, Jack Burton said:

Don't understand what Lennon sees in Rumsby. I would much rather have kept McNiff out of the two of them.

Sean Crighton who has dropped down into league 2 with Stenny and Neill who has just left Dumbarton would both have been better choices if going for a no nonsense centre half.

The danger is we now sign Neill and play him alongside Rumsby and just launch it long all season.

I thought Nicky Jamieson would have been a good shout when he left Queens Park at the end of 19/20 and he went to Alloa. No idea if he has resigned for them for next season.

Jamieson has extended his stay at Alloa. 

It's just so strange with Rumsby. Numerous comments on social media about he loves the club and gives everything. So do I and so would I. He played his part in the promotion season and will be forever thanked for his efforts but it's been clear for 2 seasons that we need better at this level. 

44 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

If you are to believe some random guy on the Sons supporters Facebook group then Neill has a more lucrative offer than Clyde and he will be heading north next season. I’d have been surprised if he turned down our offer to sign with yourselves.