Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Scott Agnew signs for Airdrie as player/assistant manager. We can’t really compete with the management role but it’s frustrating to see him go to a rival. I had consoled myself with him signing for Darvel. I’d have taken Agnew and McGuigan that have both gone to rival clubs.

Maybe Craig Watson fancies donning the famous white, black and red?

Macdonald will have his pick of part time teams so no chance he'll be coming to us unfortunately.

There is plenty of players available that would be a good addition. Thought McAllister at Dumbarton and Brown of Edinburgh looked decent. Watson would be a decent signing too.

We were assured that Lennon and the recruitment staff were working 'daily' on next season's squad last night. But I also have that niggling feeling that we're going to be in the same position as we are currently in a fortnight, which would be fatal.

Also, kind of surprised we haven't heard about tying up the remainder of the contracts from last year. Still no word on Rumsby for example and no update on Munro/Syvertsen/Vajs, although I think it's likely they're all probably away.

15 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Macdonald will have his pick of part time teams so no chance he'll be coming to us unfortunately.

There is plenty of players available that would be a good addition. Thought McAllister at Dumbarton and Brown of Edinburgh looked decent. Watson would be a decent signing too.

McAllister away to Ayr apparently, hoping we pick up young Brown from City too, a smashing wee player. 

My priority would be another contract extension DGW whilst funds available. Dont fancy this next year and sweating that could be his last season..

Plenty of Agnews. Grants and unfortunaley Jamie bains in the sea..

Goodwillie is simply unreplaceable, think about it for a second...

Yer Mithers Pride

35 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

My priority would be another contract extension DGW whilst funds available. Dont fancy this next year and sweating that could be his last season..

Plenty of Agnews. Grants and unfortunaley Jamie bains in the sea..

Goodwillie is simply unreplaceable, think about it for a second...

Yer Mithers Pride

Absolutely don’t disagree with this; Goodwillie is our Ace in the Pack no doubt about it. Even if our standard of recruited player is slightly behind the rest of the league in terms of our finance or whatever, it is balanced significantly by us having him in the side. That said if we managed to sign better quality his goal tally would be in the high twenties without a shadow of a doubt.

52 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Who cares? 

This. The creeping habit of trying to force politics into a Clyde forum is tedious. There are two other local clubs who just love to mix politics with football, and what should be our escape from everyday grind, so take yourself off there and stop looking for reasons to divide us.

42 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

This. The creeping habit of trying to force politics into a Clyde forum is tedious. There are two other local clubs who just love to mix politics with football, and what should be our escape from everyday grind, so take yourself off there and stop looking for reasons to divide us.

No one is trying to divide anyone, other than Craig Watson. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to watch a group of personable players that you don't think are utter, utter arseholes. I'm aware there will be arseholes in the squad, but they're arseholes that are quiet about their political beliefs and morale compass, so out of sight out of mind. Much like stirring an ant into your cornflakes - you know it wont harm you and likely wont affect your enjoyment of your breakfast, but you've been made aware of it and it's impossible to ignore.

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

No one is trying to divide anyone, other than Craig Watson. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to watch a group of personable players that you don't think are utter, utter arseholes. I'm aware there will be arseholes in the squad, but they're arseholes that are quiet about their political beliefs and morale compass, so out of sight out of mind. Much like stirring an ant into your cornflakes - you know it wont harm you and likely wont affect your enjoyment of your breakfast, but you've been made aware of it and it's impossible to ignore.

Fucking hell :lol:

David Goodwillie raped someone, but signing someone who votes Tory would be a step too far?

12 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Also, Sean Crighton has been released by Airdrie and I think he would be a very handy signing for us. He's a better player than Craig Watson. I might change my mind if he outs himself as a filthy, disgusting Conservative but until then I'd have him.

Talk is that he's going to Stenhousemuir but yes I think he'd be a good signing for Clyde. He's very much a meat & potatoes, kick and head the ball he's way he's facing centre-half but there's nothing wrong with that at this level and he's good at it. He struggled at times this season, especially against teams who press high or have a bit of pace upfront, and his distribution is awful. But he's still a good defender at this level and I'd have been happy to keep him. I think whoever partners him at the back is important - his best performances for Airdrie have been beside Calum Fordyce. If he's beside a bombscare or even if he's just the better of the two centre-halves he can struggle. 

ETA: Not a Tory as far as I know. 

Edited by airdrieman

30 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I come on here to talk about Clyde and football. Your politics and any players are of no interest to me and many others. If we all jump in with our pet likes/dislikes the forum will soon decline into conflict.

42 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fucking hell :lol:

David Goodwillie raped someone, but signing someone who votes Tory would be a step too far?

No, genuinely it took a lot for me to come back after that. I definitely made the wrong choice and should have stuck to my principles but I'm stupid enough to allow this club and the badge to mean something to me. There were times before games where I'd be sitting in the car park and have to go home. We all have ways of justifying ignoring these things though and I'm well aware of my own hypocrisy.

I think though yes, we're all aware that Conservative/governmental ineptitude has caused literally thousands of deaths and a lot of suffering, including amongst people I know, so when I see someone openly speaking in support of that government at such a sensitive time it absolutely reeks.

13 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I come on here to talk about Clyde and football. Your politics and any players are of no interest to me and many others. If we all jump in with our pet likes/dislikes the forum will soon decline into conflict.

I get there are few people on here that want to engage in a discussion on the morality of these things and most folk want to keep everything separate, but I am myself a card carrying Clyde fan and have as much right to air my grievances on this literal public forum as anyone else does, so I suppose I don't actually care what you do or do not want to talk about and you're simply wasting your time replying to me.