Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

9 hours ago, SLClyde said:

We need to be better defensively and Morgyn Neill is probably better than what we let go. He may also be better himself not playing in that Dumbarton team with that style of play. 

Morgyn Neill has the nickname "Scoop" because he's dreadful with the ball at his feet and all he does is scoop the ball forward. I like him but he's a big reason we end up launching the ball. Duffy just hasn't done anything to coach it out of him.

9 hours ago, SLClyde said:

We need to be better defensively and Morgyn Neill is probably better than what we let go. He may also be better himself not playing in that Dumbarton team with that style of play. 

Morgan Neill is a decent enough big defender but him and McGeever are major contributors to that style of play. A ball playing defender he is not.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Morgan Neill is a decent enough big defender but him and McGeever are major contributors to that style of play. A ball playing defender he is not.

I’d quite happily take McGeever as well, tbh. He’s always been a standout when we’ve played against you.

Hopefully we were watching Edinburgh last night. There's a couple of players in there I'd love to see us offer a step-up to (Liam Brown, Liam Henderson, possibly a left back).

Guest andyp1301
57 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

We can't go for Craig Watson. He's a mad Trump supporter and huge Tory. 

I don't know what it says about me that I eventually accept literal criminals but absolutely will never accept a Tory.

Danny is a Tory, I believe

Guest andyp1301
23 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

We’re no Celtic we’ll still sign folk whichever way they vote. 

Mckee would be quality 

Well said.

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I’d quite happily take McGeever as well, tbh. He’s always been a standout when we’ve played against you.

McGeever and Neill are very similar players and I’m actually hoping one of them leaves this summer so we can recruit someone that can pass the ball to a midfielder to play alongside one of them. We’ll keep Neill and you can have McGeever.

9 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

All these names getting banded about and you just know the first signing will be a 18/19 year old premiership youth player with no experience.

I agree, our signing news whenever it’s announced is always totally underwhelming.

Guest andyp1301
37 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

We’re no Celtic we’ll still sign folk whichever way they vote. 

Mckee would be quality 

Worked with Danny previously

Guest andyp1301
13 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

All these names getting banded about and you just know the first signing will be a 18/19 year old premiership youth player with no experience.

Make sure your humble pie is well seasoned.....

25 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

McGeever and Neill are very similar players and I’m actually hoping one of them leaves this summer so we can recruit someone that can pass the ball to a midfielder to play alongside one of them. We’ll keep Neill and you can have McGeever.

Deal!

On 13/05/2021 at 12:20, C. Muir said:

Goal of the season shortlist of 8. Had to look through the fixtures again to try and remember 8 good goals this season :lol: I think the list will be..

Cuddihy v Dumbarton 
Goodwillie v Montrose (hat trick goal)
Lamont v Cove 
Howie v Peterhead
Cunningham v Peterhead 
Jack v Falkirk
Jamieson v Forfar 
Lamont v Dumbarton 

Probably missed a glaringly obvious one now. The goals in the 3-0 win at home to Forfar were all decent in their own way but don't think any of them get in the list above ahead of other ones.

edit - my winner would be one of the goals at Peterhead. Howie perhaps shading it for the sheer unexpectedness of his strike.

On 13/05/2021 at 13:19, David W said:

Mark Lamont's goal against Dunfermline actually won SPFL goal of the month. I'd be surprised if it's not included.

Cunningham at Peterhead for me. That finish is infinitely harder than Howie's.

Well 6 of my shouts are in it. No Lamont v Dunfermline or my 2nd and your 1st Cunningham at Peterhead :lol: 

Edited by C. Muir