Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I see we have a new kit supplier for next season.

What's the score with RJM Sports website showing "under construction"?

I was going to buy myself a hoodie with my surplus session ticket money. 

Does this mean I'm limited to coffee mugs and table coasters?

Surely prior notice should have been given before the site was taken down given that we only have to the 21st of May to spend

Surely prior notice should have been given before the site was taken down given that we only have to the 21st of May to spend

I imagine with Puma coming in we’ll not be selling any of the old hoodies, strips etc... Can always request the money back and then spend it when the Puma stuff is on sale.

28 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I emailed the club to confirm we could no longer use our outstanding balanace for the RJM store, which even yesterday was still showing items. Just had the following reply.

We are unable to order from Uhlsport now as delivery was taking too long, I will enquire if you can rollover and purchase new puma stock when it arrives?

I asked why we weren't informed of this in advance, which they didn't answer. I understand that we're changing suppliers but not to have set a deadline previously and not to make any mention of this in the recent article about season ticket balances is extremely poor.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I asked why we weren't informed of this in advance, which they didn't answer. I understand that we're changing suppliers but not to have set a deadline previously and not to make any mention of this in the recent article about season ticket balances is extremely poor.
Thanks for the reply JS.

Looks like I'll need to get a full refund of my surplus and then order a Puma one as Darren suggested.

I was going to buy a hoodie and donate the rest.

I'm really annoyed at the lack of notice. Not even a mention of RGM sports purchases being unavailable on the recent update. I thought I had until the 21st.

Surely it must have occurred to someone to tell Clyde fans in advance.

An excellent lesson on how to piss off a paying customer.

26 minutes ago, David W said:

I'll add my frustration as well. I'm sure it'll be our fault for not guessing this might happen ourselves.

Just ask the club to carry forward your balance to next season and then you can spend it as and when you like. This was an option shown on the official site.

2 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Puma kits may be quite interesting. I’ve seen some lovely designs and some stinkers. Did they not produce the Thistle pink camo effort about ten years ago?

That was a bespoke kit through a partnership with Greaves, not much to do with Puma. The Falkirk kits from 19/20 with the landmarks around the sleeves were class, but I can’t see us getting Cumbernauld town centre on our sleeves, or the bridge at Croy station

Rumsby and Nicoll offered new deals :lol:  Literally wouldn't get near a game for any other team at this level. In fairness to Nicoll, it sounds like he is a decent influence off the pitch, however the football we played with him in the team was absolutely diabolical, almost unwatchable. There's absolutely no reason to retain Rumsby; poor in the air, rubbish on the ball, constantly caught on his heels in the box. Is it purely because he's reasonably durable?

All the best to the rest, but Lamont and McNiff in particular. The latter having 170 appearances or so, a play-off final goal, and possibly the most enjoyable GIRUY goal we've ever scored in the earlier game against Annan that season. 

No news regarding Vajs, Munro or Syvertsen.

Nicol might end up with some coaching role. He's brilliant to have within the squad and can still do a turn. 

Lamont I'm sad to see go, got all the talent but his fitness is shocking. 

Mcniff a great servent and again, sad to see him go. Unfortunately he's not L1 level. 

Happy enough with those retained albeit cunningham has to up his game, maybe with a midfield behind him next year it might work out as there is a cracking player tbere

Howie is a fuckin machine, terrific player. 

I'll be curious to see how many of the released players end up playing League One football next season. Very few if any I'd guess.

McNiff signed a two year contract in the euphoria of the playoff success. He's been a bit part player this season in a pretty poor defence.
Quite right to let him and others go

The thought of Rumsby starting 30 or so games next season terrifies me. I'm hoping he's emergency back-up but I fear not.

I reckon Nicoll is going to be cheap and probably as much a coach as anything, he was here on amateur terms initially so that suggests the money won't be too high.

He was always going to keep a few to give him a spine to work with; I now want to hear about what the budget and expectations are for this season and whether we're going to go out and put some quality on the bones here because otherwise this next season is going to another long slog.

It's strange that almost every summer he's been at the club I'd happily have let McNiff go, but this time I actually would have kept him. It's been clear from recent team selections though that Lennon prefers Rumsby. 

As others have said, Lamont also leaves with a big thanks. He was always a frustrating player but capable of some great moments. He played well in a lot of our good performances but usually struggled to lift things when the rest of the team were poor.

I hope Nicoll will barely make the bench next year and is just being kept around the club, rather than the team. He did have a few good performances this season but gives away too many fouls and lost his man to concede the goal when we lost 1-0 to Dumbarton at home. If we're still counting on Nicoll next season, we kind of deserve to be relegated.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Quite happy with the players leaving. I wouldn’t be offering Nicoll or Rumsby a deal if it was my choice, either.

I’d quite like to see Syvertsen staying for another season. I feel we are yet to see the best of him.

Hopefully Danny has a few signing targets in mind already and moves quickly to get them in. They need to be of a much higher standard than the players leaving, though or we are in for another long season.