Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Guest andyp1301
16 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Sammon? I'd rather have John Gemmell

You played against him? and no, I haven't  either, but heard he is very hard to handle....Goodie would so feed off him.

Guest andyp1301
4 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I don't understand the desire to keep Lamont. Even with a dreadful midfield this season he struggled to be selected for the starting 11.

To be honest, I wouldn't have re-signed him last season

Talented player, but simply needs to be 40% fitter....if he can't commit to that he deserves to go.

Would you consider this season to be a successful one?

My opinion is 8th place is a success. I had hoped for 8th before the season started, 7th at a push.

Also a decent cup run

However our football had been pretty awful and rotten to watch.

Guest andyp1301
7 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

My opinion is 8th place is a success. I had hoped for 8th before the season started, 7th at a push.

Also a decent cup run

How on earth can 8th place, by the skin of our teeth be considered a success HD?

Guest andyp1301
14 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Also a decent cup run

What's your hope for next season?

Likely League 1 line up......

Airdrie, Alloa, US, Cove, East Fife, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Morton, Peterhead, Queens Park.

Unless a change of heart....Chairman saying Budget for players around same as this year. Looks tough again..........

Guest andyp1301
1 minute ago, haufdaft said:
9 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:
How on earth can 8th place, by the skin of our teeth be considered a success HD?

I looked at the other teams, looked at ours and thought we'll do well to avoid relegation.

You managed to assess the squads and form of the other teams players pre season? Get on the blower to Danny....you're needed.

You managed to assess the squads and form of the other teams players pre season? Get on the blower to Danny....you're needed.
I am available to be an advisor to Danny if asked.

My salary commensurate with Graham Diamond's or I'll decline.

Also a decent cup run

Success in that we stayed up but we really just finished the best of 3 really poor sides in Clyde, Dumbarton and Forfar. League 1 will be stronger next year so a big improvement is required.

The season has just been shite from the start not just due to our largely awful performances but the stop, start nature of it. Watching it on Pixellot has been garbage too. I'm scunnered with all the in-fighting and arguments around Covid as well there really should have been an agreed set of rules put in place at the start of the season.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

54 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

What's your hope for next season?

Likely League 1 line up......

Airdrie, Alloa, US, Cove, East Fife, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Morton, Peterhead, Queens Park.

Unless a change of heart....Chairman saying Budget for players around same as this year. Looks tough again..........

We don't know who is in our league, so we do not know attendances e.g. Morton v Cove 

We don't know who is sponsoring us, and the amount I assume?

We don't know what the SFA and SPL distribution is to be yet.

We don't know whether our fan groups will continue as before with donations e.g. Bully Wee fund, Golf day, Xmas dinner etc.

We don't know our cost base for things other than salaries yet

If we are settling on a budget already then we are doing well re predictions.

Guest andyp1301
3 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

We don't know who is in our league, so we do not know attendances e.g. Morton v Cove 

We don't know who is sponsoring us, and the amount I assume?

We don't know what the SFA and SPL distribution is to be yet.

We don't know whether our fan groups will continue as before with donations e.g. Bully Wee fund, Golf day, Xmas dinner etc.

We don't know our cost base for things other than salaries yet

If we are settling on a budget already then we are doing well re predictions.

Well the chairman said it at the AGM....feel sure the budget for the squad will already have been given to Danny so he can make his imminent decision on who he retains and who he lets go.

Doubt with so much cash in the bank they really need to wait for the play offs to conclude before deciding. If we waited for all of the above to be nailed down.......we'd be in trouble.

Guest andyp1301
4 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I am available to be an advisor to Danny if asked.

My salary commensurate with Graham Diamond's or I'll decline.

Personally, I'd be paying you a lot more.

Guest andyp1301
Just now, Mamtora said:

A strange reply. I'm sorry to say that I cannot. A simple "No" would have been suffice.

Surely Clubs are starting to approach players already. Surely the player budget is set by now. Surely the golf day, the Xmas raffle and dinner etc can be forecast with reasonable intelligence from last years figures...surely this is the job of a FD to set the budgets at this time or even before. Surely the commercial dept are set targets from which a budget can be forecast? I'm really struggling to see where SLW is coming from here.

12 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

Surely Clubs are starting to approach players already. Surely the player budget is set by now. Surely the golf day, the Xmas raffle and dinner etc can be forecast with reasonable intelligence from last years figures...surely this is the job of a FD to set the budgets at this time or even before. Surely the commercial dept are set targets from which a budget can be forecast? I'm really struggling to see where SLW is coming from here.

Are you? You surprise me.