Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fair fucks to you lads, when the chips were down you held your nerve. Hopefully see you next season but we might be a year or two. 

Hope you stick it to "Bazza" and his boys next season.

That's assuming you guys don't stay up tho, you'll be a tough nut to crack in the playoffs.

Edited by Ignoramus

I’m so glad this season is over. I hope we take the time to reflect on the mistakes we’ve made in terms of recruitment this year. Sure, we’ve limited funds, but I’m sure we could still do a whole lot better. 
For now, I’ll enjoy the feeling of winning tonight and surviving against the odds. 

23 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Fair play to Clyde, you stepped up when it was needed and you at least tried to play football for the most part.  Add to that you took the scalp of the eventual champions.  Plenty of complaints from Sons fans but none directed at yourselves.  Enjoy your weekend, we fucking won't LOL.

Good luck in the play-offs. Play like you did on Tuesday and you wont have any problems.

Guest andyp1301
11 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I do agree with that, but point is that any more than 1-2 kids on loan is big mistake 

But if its forced on you?

Guest andyp1301
6 minutes ago, sydney said:

I’m so glad this season is over. I hope we take the time to reflect on the mistakes we’ve made in terms of recruitment this year. Sure, we’ve limited funds, but I’m sure we could still do a whole lot better. 
For now, I’ll enjoy the feeling of winning tonight and surviving against the odds. 

WE HAVE NOT GOT LIMITED FUNDS...WE HAVE SEVERAL HUNDRED GRAND IN THE BANK....WAKLE UP AND STOP LISTENING TO THE BOARD NARRATIVE

2 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

WE HAVE NOT GOT LIMITED FUNDS...WE HAVE SEVERAL HUNDRED GRAND IN THE BANK....WAKLE UP AND STOP LISTENING TO THE BOARD NARRATIVE

No need to shout.
Regardless of what’s in the bank, any business needs to balance its expenditure with its income to, at the very least, break even. We know we are not in a good place in this regard given our lack of fan base, lack of opportunity to make match day income and our rental on the stadium. 
Even if we have loads of cash in the bank, a business model (as it is a business) that relies on continually plundering its reserves is doomed to failure. We’ve been there before and it was an experience that I wouldn’t like to see repeated. 

Still buzzing and exhausted by tonight's game. You can claim your heart wasn't really in this season, especially having to watch it all from home, but that didn't stop me screaming, punching the air and jumping around like a looney when the final whistle went.

Two thoughts have since occurred to me as I've calmed down a little. One, I can actually start looking at which other clubs will be in our division next season and even dream of a few away days. Will have to wait and see how restrictions go but between Covid and Clyde being shite, it feels like a long while since you could look forward to such things.

Second, with no potential for playoff games left, the final balance on our season tickets is confirmed so I can spend tomorrow browsing the Clyde online shop and deciding how to use up the rest of my balance.

9 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Still buzzing and exhausted by tonight's game. You can claim your heart wasn't really in this season, especially having to watch it all from home, but that didn't stop me screaming, punching the air and jumping around like a looney when the final whistle went.

Two thoughts have since occurred to me as I've calmed down a little. One, I can actually start looking at which other clubs will be in our division next season and even dream of a few away days. Will have to wait and see how restrictions go but between Covid and Clyde being shite, it feels like a long while since you could look forward to such things.

Second, with no potential for playoff games left, the final balance on our season tickets is confirmed so I can spend tomorrow browsing the Clyde online shop and deciding how to use up the rest of my balance.

Straight into Danny’s budget for next season would be my suggestion! That or a nice tammy for those winter afternoons at Broadwood. And the autumn ones. And spring, too.

Straight into Danny’s budget for next season would be my suggestion! That or a nice tammy for those winter afternoons at Broadwood. And the autumn ones. And spring, too.
Shirt for me (still not got one) then the rest back to the club

7 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Of all the out of contract players I'd only keep Cunningham and Howie the rest can be thanked for their efforts and released. We'll need to up the quality of players we sign for next season.

I think Cuddihy could play a part in a better side as he's a neat and tidy player who moves the ball quickly so I'd probably keep him too as well as Love who always seems to pop up with crucial moments. Neither as starters every week though. Wilson would be fine as a backup to Mitchell too on evidence we've seen. Inclined to agree on the rest.

It's all and well discussing the volume of players that should be thanked and moved on, but recruitment is crucial. My first phone call would be to Sir Raymond Grant. 

Edited by C. Muir