Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Will be interesting to see what crowds are like whenever we get back. It's been over a year since we last were able to attend. That could be enough to break the habit for a lot of fans especially when we've been so poor this season.

If we are in league 2 and sign another crap squad then don't think I'll be in a rush to get back.

I’m the same due to a mixture of an overall shite 15 years minus the playoff winning season and this season being a write off due to covid. 

Things might change when we are allowed back to games but I really can’t be arsed with it at the moment. This season is the straw that broke the camels back in a way.

I’ve no doubt I’ll be back next season but nowhere near as often as I was prior to covid.

I feel the same. I have said this before and keep coming back but I really don’t think I can stomach another spell in League 2. Apart from perhaps 1 and a half seasons, the last 15 years has been simply dreadful. 
The worst thing for me about this season (apart from the obvious) is that I can’t help feel that what has happened was predictable and avoidable. We knew we had to replace McStay, Grant and Rankin. Even 1 or 2 decent recruits out of the 3 might have been the difference between staying up and being relegated (which I sadly think is almost inevitable). Our defence is poor but I really think the root cause of the problem is simply having no midfield. We can’t retain the ball, we can’t stop teams passing through us. What chance have we got ? 
Add even 1 competent full back and I think we’d have been comfortably safe given how crap Dumbarton are. 
We may have saved some money by signing a bunch of jobbers and loanees, but how much is it going to cost us in the long run? 
A complete and utter f**k up from start to finish. 

if by some miracle we survive this year, the close season is probably a turning point for me too. Learn from this season or try the same jobbers and loanee approach again ? The latter just isn’t for me. Not going to put myself through this again. Got plenty of other things I could be doing on a Saturday that don’t upset me. 

Edited by sydney
Added bit

22 minutes ago, sydney said:

I feel the same. I have said this before and keep coming back but I really don’t think I can stomach another spell in League 2. Apart from perhaps 1 and a half seasons, the last 15 years has been simply dreadful. 
The worst thing for me about this season (apart from the obvious) is that I can’t help feel that what has happened was predictable and avoidable. We knew we had to replace McStay, Grant and Rankin. Even 1 or 2 decent recruits out of the 3 might have been the difference between staying up and being relegated (which I sadly think is almost inevitable). Our defence is poor but I really think the root cause of the problem is simply having no midfield. We can’t retain the ball, we can’t stop teams passing through us. What chance have we got ? 
Add even 1 competent full back and I think we’d have been comfortably safe given how crap Dumbarton are. 
We may have saved some money by signing a bunch of jobbers and loanees, but how much is it going to cost us in the long run? 

if by some miracle we survive this year, the close season is probably a turning point for me too. Learn from this season or try the same jobbers and loanee approach again ? The latter just isn’t for me. Not going to put myself through this again. Got plenty of other things I could be doing on a Saturday that don’t upset me. 

Feel like this could be an all too familiar feeling for a lot of people. The midfield is the biggest issue for me, Cuddihy is too soft and Nicol should never have been brought back, a liability. 

I’ve mentioned before but the signing policy has been diabolical and we need questions answered on Diamond/Corr’s roles. 7 boys from the SPL clubs is woeful stuff. Btw, the 4 from Rangers plus the guy that left are utter dug meat. If they got a colts team in they’d be near the bottom of league 2. 

I couldn’t face league 2 again, other than a year and a bit we were shite in that league. The thought of going back to Albion Rovers, Annan etc is brutal. 

30 minutes ago, sydney said:

This is my thinking. I’m fed up going to games or watching us and leaving pissed off to the point it ruins my full Saturday.

8 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Feel like this could be an all too familiar feeling for a lot of people. The midfield is the biggest issue for me, Cuddihy is too soft and Nicol should never have been brought back, a liability. 

I’ve mentioned before but the signing policy has been diabolical and we need questions answered on Diamond/Corr’s roles. 7 boys from the SPL clubs is woeful stuff. Btw, the 4 from Rangers plus the guy that left are utter dug meat. If they got a colts team in they’d be near the bottom of league 2. 

I couldn’t face league 2 again, other than a year and a bit we were shite in that league. The thought of going back to Albion Rovers, Annan etc is brutal. 

Apart from Scott Banks, I can’t remember a loan signing in recent seasons that contributed much. The boys we’ve taken from Rangers this year have added nothing (Palmer might have if he wasn’t injured and we could have kept him for a bit). Otoo has been OK in spells but he’s inconsistent, but that’s what you generally get with young players. Has coped ok apart from at Falkirk. 
If that’s our recruitment policy, it’s just not the answer. 

Really worried about set pieces tomorrow. I’m afraid Wilson’s height puts us at a disadvantage against their brutes. That’s not a dig a Wilson, but we have shown already this season defending set pieces are a real issue and in these games, it’s vital we get it right. 

Just need to fling everything at it tomorrow. Best of luck to them. 

Guest andyp1301
11 hours ago, sydney said:

Apart from Scott Banks, I can’t remember a loan signing in recent seasons that contributed much. The boys we’ve taken from Rangers this year have added nothing (Palmer might have if he wasn’t injured and we could have kept him for a bit). Otoo has been OK in spells but he’s inconsistent, but that’s what you generally get with young players. Has coped ok apart from at Falkirk. 
If that’s our recruitment policy, it’s just not the answer. 

Jamieson get's better with every match and has scored goals....and has boundless energy.

Guest andyp1301
23 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Heard he walked away.

Confirmed on web site - injured v East Fife and in need of an operation. Out for rest of season.

"walked away"........jeezo

1 hour ago, andyp1301 said:

Jamieson get's better with every match and has scored goals....and has boundless energy.

Jamieson has indeed been a decent loan signing. But very much in the minority unfortunately. Some we’ve taken this season are clearly just there for extra legs. 

Guest andyp1301
2 hours ago, sydney said:

Jamieson has indeed been a decent loan signing. But very much in the minority unfortunately. Some we’ve taken this season are clearly just there for extra legs. 

Absolutely agree

Well, didn’t see that coming at all after the last couple of weeks. One last massive effort needed on Thursday (assuming Dumbarton take something on Tuesday). 
I honestly thought after the Forfar shambles that we were doomed. Shows what I know !