Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I thought that the issue wasn't a lack of money but a reluctance to spend it on decent L1 players.
Can't think why I got that impression. 

If you had access to the Owners’ Forum you might have seen the odd suggestion that was the case,

We are trapped at Broadwood
Stuck with a mental board who keep costing us money in disputes
2 recruitment wages going out to get us fucking academy players.
Honestly I am so depressed after this season with the club from the top to the bottom.
The team is shit too

I wouldn’t be overly surprised at that either. What I’d do to be back this time two years ago when Norway was humiliating defences with his futsal skills. Now he is permanently injured and has played about 14 games in all competitions across 2 years. I don’t think we’ll see his face again somehow.

8 hours ago, SLClyde said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lennon chucked it in the summer. 

I agree, actually been discussing this with couple of people.

Interesting to know who is actually identifying and signing players. 
This season obviously a disaster and also wonder if the board has made the shit storm decision to try to just do bare minimum to survive in L1 this year and save money for next year. Do you think they actually gambled on the season not completing this year? Hence the unbelievable decision to sign youth players in a league full of hard nosed experienced players!! Bonkers!

Got it spectacularly wrong and should hang their heads in shame  (at the very least).

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Guest andyp1301
Just now, You Only Live Twice said:

If we get relegated then Lennon and Moore will both be away.

Probably drafting their ‘We’ve taken the club as far as we can’ statement at this very moment, along with the board working on their ‘Oh look over there, a three headed monkey!’ response.

Has Lennon not got another year of his contract? If he has no job to go to....the guy has bills to pay like the rest of us. Principles don't pay the mortgage.

If they walk I will not be as upset as I would have been this time last year. Some of the team selection, tactics or lack of, players positions have been absolutely baffling.

I get that Lennon is probably the type of manager who needs to work at training to get his ideas across and we did not have that this year, but he and I assume Moore are not blameless in all this.. we are an unbelievably poor side! No pleasure  saying that as I really like the pair of them.

Guest andyp1301
4 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

If they walk I will not be as upset as I would have been this time last year. Some of the team selection, tactics or lack of, players positions have been absolutely baffling.

I get that Lennon is probably the type of manager who needs to work at training to get his ideas across and we did not have that this year, but he and I assume Moore are not blameless in all this.. we are an unbelievably poor side! No pleasure  saying that as I really like the pair of them.

I think we are guilty of judging him as if the squad (such as it is) is fit and raring to play......it's almost got to the stage of hands up who can run? No-one can ever be blameless, but if you are given the budget for pigs arses, it is hard to produce a silk purse....no matter how talented. Throw into that no opportunity to coach them or plan effectively. Not easy and I'm not sure there are many out there who could do it with this squad.. The other teams have men, experienced men playing for them. It comes back every time to the strategy of our Board and their lack of ambition for us as a football Club. They might say they have ambition......but that is not being demonstrated. It's like a junior Club committee....and that is not going to end well.

If we go down......we'll have Kelty or Brora to deal with next year.....as well as Elgin, Annan, Stirling or Edinburgh......it won't be a simple bounce back up that is for sure and certainly not if the budget is similar to this season.

10 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

I wouldn’t be overly surprised at that either. What I’d do to be back this time two years ago when Norway was humiliating defences with his futsal skills. Now he is permanently injured and has played about 14 games in all competitions across 2 years. I don’t think we’ll see his face again somehow.

I had the feeling he was taking the piss a while ago, everyone payable skilfull he is but has sho us very little.

I think we are guilty of judging him as if the squad (such as it is) is fit and raring to play......it's almost got to the stage of hands up who can run? No-one can ever be blameless, but if you are given the budget for pigs arses, it is hard to produce a silk purse....no matter how talented. Throw into that no opportunity to coach them or plan effectively. Not easy and I'm not sure there are many out there who could do it with this squad.. The other teams have men, experienced men playing for them. It comes back every time to the strategy of our Board and their lack of ambition for us as a football Club. They might say they have ambition......but that is not being demonstrated. It's like a junior Club committee....and that is not going to end well.
If we go down......we'll have Kelty or Brora to deal with next year.....as well as Elgin, Annan, Stirling or Edinburgh......it won't be a simple bounce back up that is for sure and certainly not if the budget is similar to this season.

Andy, you are criticising the board for lack of ambition and their poor strategy.

Can you be more specific in your criticism?

Where are we going wrong?

What would you do if you were in their position?

Where do you think Clyde should aim?

How would you fund our ambitions?

How can we improve the team on the pitch and at the same time secure the future of the club?

To be clear, I'm not being critical of your opinion, I'm genuinely interested in hearing constructive ideas that benefit the club.

Guest andyp1301
Just now, haufdaft said:

Andy, you are criticising the board for lack of ambition and their poor strategy.  YES I AM.

Can you be more specific in your criticism? THEY ARE UNAMBITIOUS AND COMMERCIALLY INEPT AND COMPLETELY RISK AVERSE.
Where are we going wrong? WE? ARE YOU ON THE BOARD?

What would you do if you were in their position? PROVIDE A COMPETITIVE BUDGET FOR THE MANAGER.

Where do you think Clyde should aim? AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE...IF HAMILTON, ROSS COUNTY, KILMARNOCK, ST MIRREN AND MOTHERWELL CAN PLAY ON THE TOPFLIGHT, WHY CAN'T WE?

How would you fund our ambitions? TO BEGIN WITH, USE THE MONEY WE HAVE CURRENTLY TO MOUNT A CHALLENGE TO GET OUT OF LEAGUE 1 AND INTO THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

How can we improve the team on the pitch and at the same time secure the future of the club? YOU SEEM TO THINK IT IS ONE THING OR THE OTHER....WHY? AND I AM FULLY AWARE THERE ARE OTHER COSTS TO BE MET WHEN RUNNING A FOOTBALL CLUB.

To be clear, I'm not being critical of your opinion, I'm genuinely interested in hearing constructive ideas that benefit the club. DELIGHTED TO HEAR IT.

Andy,

Thanks for your speedy response but it's all general points your making.

You say we should be a championship club, we need to spend more money on the team.

We can all say the board should increase income to fund it.

What specific methods and suggested improvements do you suggest to meet your ambition for our club?

I don't claim to have any answers. Business management isn't my fields of expertise but I'm interested in ideas others may have.

I'm not on the board, know no one on the board. I'm not even a member/owner. I only used the word "we" because I consider Clyde my (our) club.

Guest andyp1301
2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Andy,

Thanks for your speedy response but it's all general points your making. 

You say we should be a championship club, we need to spend more money on the team.

We can all say the board should increase income to fund it.

What specific methods and suggested improvements do you suggest to meet your ambition for our club? USE THE MONEY WE HAVE IN THE BANK RATHER THAN RETAINING IT TO COVER UP OUR LACK OF ABILITY TO BRING IN COMMERCIAL MONEY

I don't claim to have any answers. Business management isn't my fields of expertise but I'm interested in ideas others may have. NOPE, YOU ARE GOADING ME AND I REFUSE TO GO INTO DETAIL ON THIS PUBLIC FORUM

I'm not on the board, know no one on the board. I'm not even a member/owner. I only used the word "we" because I consider Clyde my (our) club. WHY DO YOU NOT BECOME AN OWNER THEN? THEN IT REALLY WILL BE YOUR CLUB.......WELL IT WOULD BE IF IT WAS NOT SUCH AN UNDEMOCRATIC SITUATION

Certainly not goading you. I've no absolutely no problem with you or you having strong opinions. Perhaps I disagree with some of your views but that's fine. We're a broad church.

I'm was looking for constructive ideas for the future of our club. I've not heard you coming up with anything other than to empty the bank account.

Guest andyp1301
3 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Certainly not goading you. I've no absolutely no problem with you or you having strong opinions. Perhaps I disagree with some of your views but that's fine. We're a broad church.

I'm was looking for constructive ideas for the future of our club. I've not heard you coming up with anything other than to empty the bank account.

Very black and white...who said anything about "emptying the bank account"? Certainly not me. By my estimations there is plenty to keep the club safe AND to become more competitive  on the field of play.

One thing is for sure, something has to change or our support will simply drift away.