Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Wish I had your confidence. I’m pretty sure Dumbarton will Duffyball a result out of somewhere and I  don’t see us getting anything, no even against Forfar. 
Team seems shot I’m afraid!
We just beat Forfar 4 days ago. We were just as shite before that Forfar game but still won.

It'll come down to the Dumbarton game lose that and we are down. A win or draw should be enough.

I don't think either us or Dumbarton would trouble the teams in the play off as we are both shite and deserve to go down.

4 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

I don't think either us or Dumbarton would trouble the teams in the play off as we are both shite and deserve to go down.

While I agree we're both shite and deserve to go down, that league 2 looks abysmal outwith QP and maybe Edinburgh City since Naysmith came in.

Edited by C. Muir

4 minutes ago, maxruby said:

Considering the amount of funds in the Club’s bank account available, how much do you think the lack of a budget for signing proven players has been the cause of our run of disappointing results?

By that are you implying there are funds available? 

Been interesting reading the comments over the past while.  Let's say we manage to stay in L1.  It appears to be the opinion of quite a few that we need a huge clear out.  There's going to be a fair clear out anyway when all the loanees return to their parent clubs and Tom Lang joins Raith.  So you're left with X number of players.   Presumably the suggestion then is we need to replace many of them with better players.   OK, so who is going to source all these players & more to the point, how are we going to fund that because all we ever hear about is the dire financial state we're in, can't earn money from the stadium or this, that & the next thing, & there generally appears to be no overall game plan other than getting out the begging bowls to supporters every summer.    In fact some people suggest that the only solution is to leave Broadwood, buy land & build a stadium when we can't even afford a left back.

So explain it to us all, how are you going to square that circle ?  Is the idea that we are just to convert to in effect becoming a development platform for everyone else's youth players, and if that's the case, do you think you even have a club ?

Mitchell and Goodwillie are signed anyway but it leaves you scope for as big a clearout as Lennon/Moore think necessary. 

Id probably keep Wilson as a backup if possible. I’d let go Bain, Rumsby, Lamont, Nicol, Robertson, Love and Syvertsen. I haven’t seen Mcglinchey to have an opinion on him. 

Nicol is past it although has done well in some games, however 2 penalty concessions has let us down in games. Love does a lot of running and effort but I don’t think he’s good enough to keep us up longer term. 

Munro has done ok and could be worth keeping with better competition than Bain, Otoo would be worth coming back along with Jamieson. None of the Rangers boys should be looked into any further. Cunningham I’d probably keep. 

Let’s say dumbarton go, we should target 2 of their defenders at least, as much as they maybe aren’t the best technically, they are solid league 1 defenders. 

Obviously depends on funds but with Queen’s Park up and having a bottomless pit of cash, alloa down who will be decent enough for the league, we need to sign better. If of course we stay up, although the same could be said for going down too. 

7 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Obviously depends on funds

It absolutely depends on funds, that's the point.  So we free up wages by releasing players but the objective presumably is to attract better players than already there & have a size of squad that covers a season.  How's that to be achieved, where's all the money coming from when apparently we're in debt & the club have little or no idea how to generate much outwith drawing water from the same well year on year ?   

Guest andyp1301
15 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

It absolutely depends on funds, that's the point.  So we free up wages by releasing players but the objective presumably is to attract better players than already there & have a size of squad that covers a season.  How's that to be achieved, where's all the money coming from when apparently we're in debt & the club have little or no idea how to generate much outwith drawing water from the same well year on year ?   

Only 2 players have contracts to move forward to next season....so who do we ask to stay on for another year?

That's the question.....and of course it is all about money available and how much of that money available is left after servicing the two contracted players wages...Goodie and Mitch. 

Time for a more forward thinking and commercial Board to provide decent funds to the manager and to give the fans and owners a break from consistently having the bucket rattled under their noses. Of course owners and fans want to help the Club....then bring a couple of pals to the games. A much more positive way to help the Club and much more rewarding .

The only debt that is visible is the money owed to Norrie Innes, unless there is other debt the Board have not told us about.

There's nobody out of contract I look at and think "we definitely need to keep him". Few maybes and even then that would depend on which players come in. 

Maybes - Wilson, Howie, Munro, Cuddihy, Cunningham, Love

Go - the rest 

I’d probably keep Howie, maybe Cunningham and Wilson as a backup goalie. The rest could probably go. They’d go with my thanks; they have all tried their for our club, some were key players during the season we won promotion but with League One only going to get tougher (if we stay up) we need to use our budget more efficiently.

Guest andyp1301
3 hours ago, C. Muir said:

There's nobody out of contract I look at and think "we definitely need to keep him". Few maybes and even then that would depend on which players come in. 

Maybes - Wilson, Howie, Munro, Cuddihy, Cunningham, Love

Go - the rest 

I agree with your list - but all squad players....none of those should be guaranteed a start. I'd do everything possible to get Jamieson back....him coming in from the right side with his pace would scare the shite out of most defences.....he's getting better every game.

2 hours ago, andyp1301 said:

I agree with your list - but all squad players....none of those should be guaranteed a start. I'd do everything possible to get Jamieson back....him coming in from the right side with his pace would scare the shite out of most defences.....he's getting better every game.

Aye I wouldn't have any of them as guaranteed starters either. If anything it's a strong bench! 

Jamieson would indeed would be a welcome addition for next season based on the evidence so far, as would Otoo. Just feel with these development loans (that make a good impact) the parent clubs will want their next step to be at a higher level. 

Guest andyp1301
1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

Regardless of what league we are in the playing budget is going to be crap again. It will be another season of signing players nobody else wants or loan signings.

Why do you conclude the budget is going to be crap again?

1. We have no money?

2. We have money but the Board won't give it to the playing budget?

Guest andyp1301
18 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Aye I wouldn't have any of them as guaranteed starters either. If anything it's a strong bench! 

Jamieson would indeed would be a welcome addition for next season based on the evidence so far, as would Otoo. Just feel with these development loans (that make a good impact) the parent clubs will want their next step to be at a higher level. 

I disagree re the parent club wanting them to go to higher level...this is just my opinion but every development/academy squad has 3 or at best 4 players who will make it at parent club level. The rest are there to make up the numbers and will probably find their  level a lot lower down the structure.

39 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

Why do you conclude the budget is going to be crap again?

1. We have no money?

2. We have money but the Board won't give it to the playing budget?

We are clearly skint just now, haven't been able to make any real money over the past year, and could be relegated to a division with lower prize money and no teams with notable away supports. Regardless of which division we end up in, anyone expecting our budget to be notably better next year is hopeful, at best. The aim will be to try and replace the out of contract players with slightly better players for the same money to make slight improvements across the whole squad.

34 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

I disagree re the parent club wanting them to go to higher level...this is just my opinion but every development/academy squad has 3 or at best 4 players who will make it at parent club level. The rest are there to make up the numbers and will probably find their  level a lot lower down the structure.

Regardless of whether the player will ever make it at the parent club, if they're doing well on loan (like Jamieson & Otoo) they'll see if they can carry that on at another step up from us, ie a better League 1 side or in the Championship.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Guest andyp1301
2 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

We are clearly skint just now, haven't been able to make any real money over the past year, and could be relegated to a division with lower prize money and no teams with notable away supports. Regardless of which division we end up in, anyone expecting our budget to be notably better next year is hopeful, at best. The aim will be to try and replace the out of contract players with slightly better players for the same money to make slight improvements across the whole squad.

Regardless of whether the player will ever make it at the parent club, if they're doing well on loan (like Jamieson & Otoo) they'll see if they can carry that on at another step up from us, ie a better League 1 side or in the Championship.

Why are you so sure we are skint?

1 minute ago, andyp1301 said:

Why are you so sure we are skint?

Because I read the owner/finance updates when they're sent out and know we wouldn't have loaned in dozens of kids who've barely played a professional game between them if we had the funds to make proper signings instead.

Guest andyp1301
43 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Because I read the owner/finance updates when they're sent out and know we wouldn't have loaned in dozens of kids who've barely played a professional game between them if we had the funds to make proper signings instead.

Having the funds and spending the funds on proper footballers are two different things.

You say we are skint...put a figure to skint.  Money on hand?

6 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

Having the funds and spending the funds on proper footballers are two different things.

You say we are skint...put a figure to skint.  Money on hand?

Skint is a colloquial term and also in relative terms, as you well know. If you want a figure, become a member (if you're not already), and ask the club for it.