Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I’m already nervous about the Dumbarton home game. I didn’t want to come down to a shootout with them for 9th because Duffy had Lennon’s number in tight, cagey matches.

They’ll also have a training session before the game like they did last time to prepare (not moaning, just luck of the draw). We better come up with a better plan than hoofing high balls at their defenders or we can start preparing for the play-offs now.

I think the team from last night should mostly be the team going forward. Jamieson seems to work well with DGW and Howie at the back offers good composure while allowing us to get an actual midfielder in there. Lang for Rumsby and maybe Thomson for Cunningham and that’s what I’d go with mostly from here on out.

I don't get the moaning about the fixtures other than the irritation at playing another Thursday game. I agree that role should have been assiged to the 6th placed side.

Playing East Fife at home should be looked at as a major advantage of finishing 8th rather than 9th; their home/away split is absolutely surreal given the absence of crowds. Similarily, if we play the right way, playing Dumbarton at Broadwood on the big astro pitch is preferable to playing at their place. We know we can win at Forfar.

No excuses. A win on Saturday would bring Peterhead right back into it.

48 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

I’m already nervous about the Dumbarton home game. I didn’t want to come down to a shootout with them for 9th because Duffy had Lennon’s number in tight, cagey matches.

They’ll also have a training session before the game like they did last time to prepare (not moaning, just luck of the draw). We better come up with a better plan than hoofing high balls at their defenders or we can start preparing for the play-offs now.

I think the team from last night should mostly be the team going forward. Jamieson seems to work well with DGW and Howie at the back offers good composure while allowing us to get an actual midfielder in there. Lang for Rumsby and maybe Thomson for Cunningham and that’s what I’d go with mostly from here on out.

Ties in quick succession between teams often have different outcomes.  We hopefully we won't make the same positional cock ups. and we have a more positive attitude.  Yep Dumbarton won but they didn't destroy us.  They may have some injury worries too.  Our fate is in our hands, which is not a terrible place to be in.    

Lang for Rumsby and maybe Thomson for Cunningham and that’s what I’d go with mostly from here on out.

I can't say with any certainty that Lang had been any better than Rumsby this season. Lang has been pretty poor up to now.

In saying that, Rumsby had a big part to play in Forfar's goal last night

2 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Why are the match days on different days? Finishing a league season where one or more clubs already know what they need to do completely undermines sporting integrity.

I started a sarcastic answer about the difference between odd and even numbers...

However, as there are 5 teams in each half of the split, one team has to be game less on each game day.

Guest andyp1301
1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

I started a sarcastic answer about the difference between odd and even numbers...

However, as there are 5 teams in each half of the split, one team has to be game less on each game day.

You were very kind!

Maybe in the interests of sporting integrity all 5 teams should be on the pitch at the same time on the final day and just have a right old rammy.

Guest andyp1301
2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I can't say with any certainty that Lang had been any better than Rumsby this season. Lang has been pretty poor up to now.

At least you're one supporter who won't be too upset if Lang is done for the season.

3 hours ago, haufdaft said:

What on earth have Raith Rovers seen in Lang that they'd choose him rather than Rumsby to join them perhaps in the SPL next season? 

It's a funny old game.

At least you're one supporter who won't be too upset if Lang is done for the season.
What on earth have Raith Rovers seen in Lang that they'd choose him rather than Rumsby to join them perhaps in the SPL next season? 
It's a funny old game.

I like Lang. I think he's a good player.

However his level of performance this season is well below his previous spells at Clyde.

17 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Keep the faith we are staying up lads!

Yes, I agree. 

A bit of an over-reaction to today's result, bearing in mind the players were playing their 14th game in 5 weeks :o.

East Fife are now safe, so don't have as much to play for on Tuesday as we do.

If Forfar don't beat Dumbarton the same night - they are relegated, so hopefully they can take something from that game. If they don't, Forfar will then have nothing to play for against us. 

The Dumbarton game is the biggie. A win against them & they can only get to 25 points. We would get to 26 if we beat either East Fife or Forfar.

Gotta keep supporting, and believing :thumsup2.