Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

530pm ko sat. Why not move it till Sun and Forfar game Wednesday giving us extra rest after Dumbarton game

They need to keep the Thursday of that midweek free in case there are any further postponements or anything like that, which means you really have to play Tuesday just in case.

Taking this off the Dumbarton thread, tbh I’m tired and Scunnered after last night I don’t actually have the energy to put on here all my frustration and disappointment with regard to this season.

I think I spent 3 hours either on text or FaceTime with my sons going over all this as I’m sure many of you did.

Briefly I think there are key issues we owners need to know:

What is exactly the signing policy agreed this season and was lack of finance the reason for going down the obviously failed “kids on Loan scheme?” If not whose decision was it?

What input does Danny actually have on signing these players?

I would also be interested to hear Danny’s thinking on his recent player selection in terms of positions, I get he had to rotate but some of the selections and tactics have been baffling. Final straw was Tom Lang up front last night. That just does not work and reeks of desperation. 
Why persist with a midfield of zero creativity. Nicoll/ Howie combo in centre of the park is just ridiculous. Yes on off on emergency but not long term was never going to work.

Full backs! In the name of Christ! what is that all about? How often have we all mentioned that?

We have best centre forward in the league by miles and we continue to starve him. Any side with David Goodwillie in the side should be nowhere near relegation. Much as I’m ranting about recent games, even more damage was done at the start of the season. Awful recruitment again! 

Finally before I go for a long walk.. what was that audio last night all about.. I’m not interested in what Dumbarton did, I want to know your own decision making process last night and why?

I’ve said enough, as I say SCUNNERED!

Don't really feel invested at all watching the games on Pixellot so the poor performances hasn't stung as bad.

If we do go down then it will be really difficult for me to have much enthusiasm or motivation. It took us 10 years to get out of league 2 only to have just over half a season of being able to go to different grounds , higher attendances etc just end up back at the usual haunts of Annan and Elgin etc.

It really did feel as though we had turned a corner after finally getting promoted. A good squad to build on, good manager and things appeared to be going in the right direction off field with the Arrira lounge.

In actual fact it turned out we were an utter shambles off the field. The ex-chairmans and current board do seem to get an easy ride on here despite another absolute clusterfuck.

I would be surprised if Lennon was keen to sign so many youngsters going by his previous requirement. However there is no doubt he has to carry the can for some poor decisions and signings. The two year deals to a bunch of bang average league 2 players has been his biggest mistake. Not replacing any of Grant, McStay or Rankin the next.

I don't think many would have had too many complaints with the starting XI last night but where the players were playing was crazy. In the past he's usually been good at correcting his mistakes during the game but he double downed last night with putting Lang up front and leaving Nicoll and Howie in midfield.

It is still in our own hands to avoid the bottom 2 but it does feel that we are already back on a downward curve and fully expect to see us back in league 2 next season.

It has to be said but that performance had stuart miller written all over it.
The club is a shambles off the park and until thsts sorted we will be back in league 2 struggling. We have no proper structure, income or general way of operating successfully without racking up huge debts. Serious questions have to be asked about the board

It has to be said but that performance had stuart miller written all over it.
The club is a shambles off the park and until thsts sorted we will be back in league 2 struggling. We have no proper structure, income or general way of operating successfully without racking up huge debts. Serious questions have to be asked about the board
Would say it was closer to Barry Ferguson. Sending a defender up front was his speciality when he had run out of ideas.

I wonder if Lennon would have been haunched down, a la Ferguson, if we could have seen the dug outs last night.

Guest andyp1301
52 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Would say it was closer to Barry Ferguson. Sending a defender up front was his speciality when he had run out of ideas.

I wonder if Lennon would have been haunched down, a la Ferguson, if we could have seen the dug outs last night.

Interestingly, as desperate as it appeared....we created several decent chances when that change was made........maybe it says more about Goodie's inability to close people down at the moment as he doesn't look like he's anywhere near fit to me. I think we are all falling into the easy trap of assessing things as though the players are  all in good shape. I think Nicoll is injured, Howie is injured, Goodie is injured, Lang looked a bit sore and hobbling as he left the pitch and Ally Love looks utterly shattered.

Delighted with David Wilson, looks a great young prospect, great kicking, great handling and when he get's the confidence to  come out to take crosses more....a real asset.

Interestingly, as desperate as it appeared....we created several decent chances when that change was made........maybe it says more about Goodie's inability to close people down at the moment as he doesn't look like he's anywhere near fit to me. I think we are all falling into the easy trap of assessing things as though the players are  all in good shape. I think Nicoll is injured, Howie is injured, Goodie is injured, Lang looked a bit sore and hobbling as he left the pitch and Ally Love looks utterly shattered.
Delighted with David Wilson, looks a great young prospect, great kicking, great handling and when he get's the confidence to  come out to take crosses more....a real asset.
We didn't create several good chances. We had one shot blocked near the end of the game and that was it. We didn't even muster a shot on target the whole game.

We only looked like troubling Dumbarton in the last 5 mins or so when we changed the midfield and had Thomson, Lamont, Jack and Butterworth on.

Guest andyp1301
40 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

We didn't create several good chances. We had one shot blocked near the end of the game and that was it. We didn't even muster a shot on target the whole game.

We only looked like troubling Dumbarton in the last 5 mins or so when we changed the midfield and had Thomson, Lamont, Jack and Butterworth on.

Must have been watching a different game.....

40 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Too right. Tom Lang is a cracking player, but unlike other defenders we've had over the years, he's  not a goal scorer.  The goals we have scored since the start back have  been mainly played through.  

Guest andyp1301
30 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Too right. Tom Lang is a cracking player, but unlike other defenders we've had over the years, he's  not a goal scorer.  The goals we have scored since the start back have  been mainly played through.  

Lang def not a natural goalscorer....but he did give their central 2 more to deal with...and I guess the idea was to create a second ball for Goodie.

Guest andyp1301
2 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

I fear once lang leaves we wont replace him just like Mcstay, grant and Rankin

He's not as good as he thinks he is apparently......back with us by Christmas......

Shiting myself about Tuesdays game. We need everyone to perform and a victory for us to ensure we finish at least 9th come the end of the split fixtures.

Pretty confident we would beat the teams in the playoff positions in League 2. Very pleased one of those teams won’t be Queens Park.

16 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Fine margins, but a 1-0 win against Dumbarton last week instead of a 1-0 loss and we would be 7 points clear and almost safe.

Really important to beat them this time.

It's obviously got them in the driving seat for the title now but thank f**k Partick Thistle beat them last night. Important that we remain at least a point clear of Dumbarton ahead of that fixture, where a win would make it impossible for them to catch us (although having safety already secured before that game would be even better!). Will be a hellish watching the final day unfold if Dumbarton can still leapfrog us with a win at home to Peterhead while we sit idle. 

Edited by C. Muir

Fine margins, but a 1-0 win against Dumbarton last week instead of a 1-0 loss and we would be 7 points clear and almost safe.
Really important to beat them this time.
Even a draw against Dumbarton would have put us in a good position.

8th has the worst fixture list with 4 games in 7 days and missing out the last round.

It's essentially the same situation as the pre-split games beat Dumbarton and Forfar and we will be fine. Lose to them and we will be in the play off.