Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 hours ago, andyp1301 said:

Apologies if that is how it comes across. However, when someone refers to the two immediate past Chairmen (one of whom served the Club in a senior role for 12 years)  as "disgraced" and goes to the trouble of stalking one of them on Linkedin, I think it is  only fair they explain their reasoning. Its high time questions were asked, rather than simply sitting back and accepting as gospel the word of the Board and their followers. It has been 10 years of abject failure for the team, with the exception of 18/19 and the two people, (like them or loathe them),  who delivered promotion are being systematically discredited by the Board.  The AGM as you say is not far away, but are we to  have a voice? It looks like questions are to be submitted in advance, so there is unlikely to be any live interaction. Sorry if me engaging with the these people offends you Bully Wee Clyde, but sitting back and trusting they will get it right has not worked so far. If I am a loan voice, so be it...but I will keep going until hoarse.

You do see the point you have made there-  If one of them served the club as chairman throughout a period of abject failure, I am not sure I understand your reasoning?

Guest andyp1301
1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

You do see the point you have made there-  If one of them served the club as chairman throughout a period of abject failure, I am not sure I understand your reasoning?

Which one of the two chairman being referred to as "disgraced"  in the post from Clyde on the up, served as Chairman for 10 years?  One of the Chairmen referred to served as FD. I am afraid I don't understand the point you are attempting to make.

20 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

Which one of the two chairman being referred to as "disgraced"  in the post from Clyde on the up, served as Chairman for 10 years?  One of the Chairmen referred to served as FD. I am afraid I don't understand the point you are attempting to make.

I think you do. Putting job titles aside, you appear to be questioning the success of the club whilst stating that the individuals held senior posts during the period of abject failure.

Guest andyp1301
15 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I think you do. Putting job titles aside, you appear to be questioning the success of the club whilst stating that the individuals held senior posts during the period of abject failure.

You're being silly JM...we all know the person at the helm was an autocrat and the Board were not responsible for strategy and actions...but acted under instruction.

5 hours ago, andyp1301 said:

You're being silly JM...we all know the person at the helm was an autocrat and the Board were not responsible for strategy and actions...but acted under instruction.

Was it “under instruction” that, as FD at the time, one of these said ex chairmen didn’t pay tax over to HMRC in the 2015/16 season? 

15 minutes ago, fandabbywee78 said:

Was it “under instruction” that, as FD at the time, one of these said ex chairmen didn’t pay tax over to HMRC in the 2015/16 season? 

People make mistakes - and I’m sure this was a genuine one - not down to a dictatorship. 

Guest andyp1301
45 minutes ago, fandabbywee78 said:

careful fan dabby...that was an oversight that was apologised for. 12 years and you pick up that! All Class.

32 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

careful fan dabby...that was an oversight that was apologised for. 12 years and you pick up that! All Class.

Careful andyp... said oversight caused us to field ineligible players then, yet when this offence occurs in 2018/19 an apology for a similar oversight isn’t sufficient? At least your hypocrisy is clear for all to see. 

Guest andyp1301
30 minutes ago, fandabbywee78 said:

Careful andyp... said oversight caused us to field ineligible players then, yet when this offence occurs in 2018/19 an apology for a similar oversight isn’t sufficient? At least your hypocrisy is clear for all to see. 

What was the punishment/sanction for the HMRC monthly payment oversight fandabbywee78? Oh that's right...no fine, no points deduction.  Remind me of the punishment/sanction  for the ineligible player....oh that's right, 4 points deducted, an away bus full of gutted players and as a result an unexpected loss at Elgin and the title bid down the dunny. Equitable? Comparable? Nope.

41 minutes ago, fandabbywee78 said:

Now what was the oversight in 2018/19? A missed payment to HMRC or a lack of knowledge of the registration rules for players?

Now what was the oversight in 2018/19? A missed payment to HMRC or a lack of knowledge of the registration rules for players?

It was nothing to do with a missed payment. At least one head should have rolled following that debacle.

Falkirk are providing a pay-per-view service for their live stream of tomorrow's League 1 match.

Click here to visit the Falkirk TV website to purchase an pay-per-view ticket.

Please note, tickets must be purchased by 2.30pm on Saturday.

The pay-per-view price is £13.99.

Never slow to charge more than anyone else. 🤑

8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.stv.tv/sport/sfa-to-hold-talks-over-cup-ties-after-prince-phillip-funeral-date-confirmed%3famp

What date do we need to finish the 18 games by? The Dumbarton game would likely determine who ends up in the play offs,if only going to 18.

I don't see this making any difference. The latest the St Johnstone game would be played is the Sunday and Cove have already played Tuesday after a Sunday cup game (and we've only had one day between Tuesday/Thursday games anyway).