Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Job done. Some sensible player rotations in there, flexing the big pool of players we now have. Wise to have Nicoll involved. He's made for games like that one.

We still look a team without much of a plan besides giving it to Goodwillie unfortunately.

On the positive side, the new lad from Celtic looks solid. Good stature. Good engine. Hopefully he'll stop the rot at left-back.

I think if there's a pay off in bringing in so many young, full-time players on loan we'll only start to see it when we get deep into the Saturday-Tuesday pattern.

The only Keith player that looked like he could play at a higher level was Dem Yunus. Moved the ball quickly, never dwelled on it. Looked decent technically. Might make a decent sitting midfielder for a senior side. We could use one.

Inverurie Loco Works handy for the workshop and canteen.

Gretna 2008 would bring as many as Heart of Midlothian for the “ Friendly”.

Bradley Walsh gives up on The Chase and signs a 3 year contract.

Allinson’s ‘Bread wi’ Nowt Taken Out’

Edited by Mamtora

First time coming on this for months looking for something to fill be with confidence about the remaining season.. do you think we will bring any experienced or just players that aren’t young boys and have played at a decent level.

Every club in League One is improving and we aren’t, even League Two team we picking up ok players that I would of took at Clyde. 

2 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

First time coming on this for months looking for something to fill be with confidence about the remaining season.. do you think we will bring any experienced or just players that aren’t young boys and have played at a decent level.

Every club in League One is improving and we aren’t, even League Two team we picking up ok players that I would of took at Clyde. 

Arbroath have just loaned a boy from East Stirling, too.

Guest andyp1301
On 21/03/2021 at 19:44, Clydeontheup said:

Of which you are not.

surely you had thicker skin when all your Chinese business ventures went tits up ?

Imagine a non supporter sponsoring 11 shirts this season?

Imagine a non supporter buying the whole squad hats to keep them warm at training?

Imagine lot's of ways (the two above not even half the story) a "non supporter" may help the squad/Club......but imagine a non supporter doing these things quietly and without fanfare until having to defend themselves from accusations of being, yes, you guessed it.....a non supporter.

Good luck to the boys and Danny today at Montrose.

14 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

Imagine a non supporter sponsoring 11 shirts this season?

Imagine a non supporter buying the whole squad hats to keep them warm at training?

Imagine lot's of ways (the two above not even half the story) a "non supporter" may help the squad/Club......but imagine a non supporter doing these things quietly and without fanfare until having to defend themselves from accusations of being, yes, you guessed it.....a non supporter.

Good luck to the boys and Danny today at Montrose.

Yawn 

3 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

3 games a week. Young legs will come in handy , However One off game to stay up im defo not sure

Yer Mithers Pride

Seems ridiculous we are being forced to play three games a week. Would it not have made more sense to cancel the split and just have an eighteen game season finishing in May? We are being punished for getting Covid and the punished again for progessing in the cup.

Seems ridiculous we are being forced to play three games a week. Would it not have made more sense to cancel the split and just have an eighteen game season finishing in May? We are being punished for getting Covid and the punished again for progessing in the cup.

By “we are being forced to play three games a week” are you using “we” to mean the majority of League 1 clubs?

Don't think that is the case unless Fotmob has the fixtures wrong.

Only four teams, including Clyde, play three games in the next week. Only three clubs, including Clyde, play three games the following week. Only Clyde and Thistle have a midweek game the week after.

If they had just gone with an eighteen game format they could have had teams playing at weekends with teams playing no more than one extra game per week to make up for postponed games or those rearranged for the cup. Would have been much fairer.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Just now, Clyde01 said:

That lineup today is absolutely honking. No howie or Lamont in the squad at all. Three or four young boys that have barely played a senior game and cm partnership of nicoll and mcglinchey. Jesus wept....

Nicoll in there has a ‘sent off at 25 mins and 3-0 down at HT’ feel to it.

It feels quite a defensive line up, which is possibly understandable given our record up there.

Have to agree and please abuse me if I’m wrong, I desperately hope I am.
Why  is Cunningham not starting?
Why is Nicoll starting?

Danny does have a habit of having very strange team selection in away games, as I say I hope and pray I am way off the Mark here! 

Edited by FREDDYFRY