Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Guest andyp1301
1 minute ago, Clydeontheup said:

Oh dear - poor cub .

Well done, you spotted a typo and delivered a bit of humour.....much better than just being nasty and personal and mocking.

Would you explain your comment about me not being a fan?

13 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

One game into the season restarting and this thread is a shitshow already.

Agreed, this is embarrassing.  

If you are an owner, you know the situation.  If you're not, you'll find out in time I guess. If you are an owner with in depth knowledge of our shitty situation, why do you take the bait and feel the need to demonstrate your knowledge by spilling all over an open forum like this?

Put the keyboard down and rest a little ffs.  

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC

Guest andyp1301
1 hour ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Agreed, this is embarrassing.  

If you are an owner, you know the situation.  If you're not, you'll find out in time I guess. If you are an owner with in depth knowledge of our shitty situation, why do take the bait and feel the need to demonstrate your knowledge by spilling all over an open forum like this?

Put the keyboard down and rest a little ffs.  

Always embarrassing when debate descends into personal abuse and bullying. Good advice though and time for a rest as you suggest.  Interesting though to draw fire from Owners who won't engage in debate on the Owners forum under their true identity.

Maybe some food for thought for supporters and Owners alike.

There’s never a debate. 

however I will always object to a powerless power hungry charlatan who has NO care or love for our club , who unfortunately has over time influenced one or two others.

Also has been very personal and very vindictive from what I’ve seen to people who help out at the club.

I will leave things for now

Edited by Clydeontheup

Guest andyp1301
34 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

There’s never a debate. 

however I will always object to a powerless power hungry charlatan who has NO care or love for our club , who unfortunately has over time influenced one or two others.

Also has been very personal and very vindictive from what I’ve seen to people who help out at the club.

I will leave things for now

Au Contraire.....but you'd never see it.

Same people appear every week on OS. Here and on general when club struggling... Never hear from any of them during last 2 seasons. 16month o fitba. Over 100 games and hours...

Moving forward. We cant continue relying on chairman who are the holy grail to some during their time & leave us in an even worse position. Cant rely on false hope or promise & certainly cant rely on a smaller support to fund team every season

Only solution i can think of is to move out Broadwood somehow & its 40k rent per season putting us miles behind rest of the league and get us challenging at right end of table if we somehow manage to avoid relegation

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Same people appear every week on OS. Here and on general when club struggling... Never hear from any of them during last 2 seasons. 16month o fitba. Over 100 games and hours...

Moving forward. We cant continue relying on chairman who are the holy grail to some during their time & leave us in an even worse position. Cant rely on false hope or promise & certainly cant rely on a smaller support to fund team every season

Only solution i can think of is to move out Broadwood somehow & its 40k rent per season putting us miles behind rest of the league and get us challenging at right end of table if we somehow manage to avoid relegation

There is another option. Find a buyer. Move away from fan ownership.

The rewards I suspect are greater, but I also see the risks being greater too. However, that option is there.

Fan ownership gives a certain security, but unless your commercial team, youth set-up and Board are spot-on you will always struggle to progress.

Exactly as I see it.

It's the stadium issue that's the elephant in the room.

It draws to much of our financial resources that cannot be used on the pitch.

At the same time, we earn little in the way of income from the stadium.

Ticket sales alone are not enough to support a challenge for a championship place. We're finding it's not enough to even secure our League One position.

Guest andyp1301
On 21/03/2021 at 17:24, fandabbywee78 said:

First of all, who says I haven’t engaged with you on the owners forum? And secondly, just because two people have the same opinion about something and are posting around the same time, doesn’t mean they are “tag teaming”. Going by that logic, is it “tag teaming” when you and your “friends” are posting around the same time, with the same opinion, on the same topics, on the owners forum?  Both “Clyde on the up” and I may just want to address your “points” and we happen to be on this forum reading them at the same time. For the record, I have no idea who “Clyde on the up” is and I am confident that they won’t know who I am.

Just a legal point here, if my business had been loaned money from another business in any way and an agreement was drawn up for repayment, which was verbally and electronically agreed, then I would stick to the terms of that and I would expect the other party to agree to the originally agreed amount and not increase it. If my business came into a “windfall” (I assume you mean the likes of the Celtic game here since the James Anderson grant can’t be used for this purpose) then no, I wouldn’t pay that off in a lump sum due to the current economic climate/global pandemic. Other expenses need to be met with potentially little income coming in. Being loaned money from a friend isn’t even comparable in this situation as this was two companies transacting with each other. Again though, I wouldn’t expect my friend to increase the amount owed either if I came in to a windfall. They wouldn’t have been a trustworthy friend in the first place. 

Sigh. All the information I posted above came directly from the annual accounts, the club update and the world wide web for information on the James Anderson grant and the Job Retention Scheme. The former two would have been sent to you as an owner, and since you referenced the annual accounts in your earlier post, then I would assume that you’ve read them, yes? If you aren’t able to glean the same information that I did then I would suggest you read them again more carefully. 

It’s funny how you are your most active on here when things aren’t going so well. I wonder why that would be?

You  have seen the league table I take it.......and like all supporters  I suspect, I still get goosebumps watching the Annan play-off final and seeing the utter joy in the Stands at the final whistle. So, yes when things are now going so wrong, I guess it is the time to be active, I don't apologise for that. If you are regularly on the Owners Forum, you will have seen the graph from a fellow owner which illustrates perfectly that this is simply not working. It's time to look at change and perhaps if the Board, who are all or nearly all self confessed Clyde fans, would open up to change, Clyde can start to find a way to progress on the pitch again. A board which cannot accept feedback or criticism from supporters or fellow owners who placed them in their position of power is not a Board...it is a Cabal. 

Perhaps the very idea of a CIC being set up to protect the Club from an individual running things their way, has backfired and the very situation the CIC was to help prevent is precisely what is happening now? Maybe the suggestion of finding a buyer isn't a bad idea. But who would said buyer pay to complete a purchase? All the current owners? How would that figure be reached? Not a simple solution even if a buyer could be found.

So, I'll take being discredited, mocked, abused, bullied, accusations of not being a supporter or not attending matches regularly, I'll take it all if it means that others start to question why it is, with a very talented manager and coach, we sit bottom of the league and we are all now discussing the very real possibility of relegation. Brace yourselves if you do though, as the character assassinations and abuse will come thick and fast.

16 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Exactly as I see it.

It's the stadium issue that's the elephant in the room.

It draws to much of our financial resources that cannot be used on the pitch.

At the same time, we earn little in the way of income from the stadium.

Ticket sales alone are not enough to support a challenge for a championship place. We're finding it's not enough to even secure our League One position.

I am interested in how much you think stadium and pitch maintenance would cost if we owned our own place? 

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I am interested in how much you think stadium and pitch maintenance would cost if we owned our own place? 

Absolutely.  Red Herrings 

A stadium manager, staff, rates, insurance, utilities and maintenance are some of the reasons many businesses divest themselves of owning buildings...not everyone understands that.  

Hospitality is another. I tried to drag guests along to corporate hospitality with a North Lanarkshire Premier League team in the past: outside the OF there was little interest, believe me.

Selling the club? Be honest, who would buy it?  If it was sold, what would that do for our security?

I am a Clyde supporter.  I support the team.  "Club" to me is a misnomer. It is simply the business which facilitates the team. A club implies membership. I am just a customer.

Since my first game at Shawfield in 1970, we have never had a particularly rich board. Billy Carmichael was maybe an exception but his efforts had a huge cost to his family and also to Clyde. The Dunns did ok but theirs was a shrinking business. 

My only beef with our board is that they have been too loyal to the manager. Since John Clark, we've, with a few exceptions, been too protective of half wits in the dugout. 

If you genuinely think you can do better than they guys volunteering at the helm, get nominated and stand.  Ask questions and make the questions hard but don't get personal.  Similarly guys on the board: stay professional. Ignore the anonymous snipes and don't get personal.

Just now, Clydeontheup said:

Worked ok with Scott Banks - just need to give the boy a chance 

Not saying I won't give him a chance. He might well be a good signing. Just far from ideal having all these inexperienced youths in a relegation battle. And no left back.

4 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Not saying I won't give him a chance. He might well be a good signing. Just far from ideal having all these inexperienced youths in a relegation battle. And no left back.

Hopefully he is a left back . Did say defensive . The combination of Danny’s poor recruitment , retention and the youngsters we’ve got coming in needs to be better - far better when there’s a proper transfer window.

A team with Mitchell, Lang, Cunningham and Goodwillie should not be bottom. Need more from them too .

1 minute ago, Clydeontheup said:

A team with Mitchell, Lang, Cunningham and Goodwillie should not be bottom. Need more from them too .

Whilst I get where you're coming from, there are no midfielders in this list of four - which is a huge issue. If we don't have any sort of midfield, we won't get anywhere. Signing players without a first team appearance between them is a terrible idea in a relegation battle, I genuinely can't understand where this is coming from.

I understand he's a jag, but Airdrie have just signed Paul Paton. Thistle have signed Geggan, Bell and Erskine. Thomas Reilly is sat on his arse. We had several loan slots available to sign a left back and some centre mids and they've been used very badly. Shambolic given our position.

Also to the point about Banks, he's very much an outlier. When was the last time us, or any team in L1/L2 for that matter, had a player come in on loan from the OF and make a significant impact? I can't think of any. Kyle Bradley haunts my dreams.

Banks was one player who added something different to an established group of players. He started five games. He was carried in a few of his matches, which is understandable given his age. It was a gamble that paid off spectacularly in the playoff final but it's in no way comparable to this squad we now have.

To use our final loan slot on another kid is inexcusable. He might be absolutely brilliant, but then that means the other loans were silly. He seems to be a defender primarily from the clips I can find on YouTube.

Are there any players out of contract who we can still pick up?