Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

7 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

So one bit is true and the other bit is a bit higher than the 'truth', and that created your 6 guys pishing themselves laughing emojis? You are easily amused.

Well over 20% extra but yeah...

Mcshane the closest to the figure I said never mind the figure quoted. 

Other 3 are just higher than the bracket I quoted the rest were in. 

Guest andyp1301
18 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Has any new recruit been even a minor success since Graham Diamond become sporting director ?

He isn't Sporting Director - he resigned from the Board On October 1st

11 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Ps your team has serious cause for concern on staying up. Between you guys and Forfar yous are by far the worst team I've seen us play. Wtf happened as last year I'd say you were probably one of the top 3 sides we played... 

Grant, McStay and Rankin are no longer here. 

Guest andyp1301
7 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I must have missed that announcement.

PJ Corr still head of recruitment?

You didn't miss a thing...it still has not been announced. But GD is not on the Board Directory on the web site and on checking with Companies House he resigned on October 1st. He is still Head of Football Operations on a salary and PJ and one other (according to the new person's Linked In) are recruiting for us. Confused? Me too. 

You didn't miss a thing...it still has not been announced. But GD is not on the Board Directory on the web site and on checking with Companies House he resigned on October 1st. He is still Head of Football Operations on a salary and PJ and one other (according to the new person's Linked In) are recruiting for us. Confused? Me too. 
The club is an utter shambles, the fact we are paying 2 or 3 people for player recruitment then solely signing loan players from Rangers or St Mirren is ridiculous.

Not withstanding the person responsible, recruitment last summer and during this lockdown has been lamentable.

I go back to summer 2019 as the real issue. The only good transfer business we did was bringing in Mitchell and Howie. I reckon today was the first time the latter played alongside Lang at centre half, which is bonkers. To the surprise of no-one, they played well. 

Given the boost of promotion, we should have done a lot better than Johnston, Wallace, Smith and Allison. Was Petkov the best player we could snaffle away from Hearts with Rankin's connection there? The retention of Duffie, Lyon, Fitzpatrick was a waste of money. I'd argue Love is in a similar boat but appreciate I'll be in the minority there. Offering 2 year contracts to Cuddihy, McNiff, the aforementioned Wallace/Johnston and in particular Rumsby was lunacy. Did we think other teams were going to come in and steal these guys? And if so, that they'd be irreplaceable?

We should have been looking to build for future seasons by bringing in two or three proven players to go alongside McStay, Grant and Rankin, with the likelihood that all three would perhaps being moving on a year down the line.  We didn't even bother signing a left back.

When you throw in names like Eddie Ferns, Steve Kipre, Adam Martin, Karim Belmokhtar, Joe Gorman.... Danny's record in the transfer market is a major black mark against him.

As such, the appointment of a team to assist in that side of things was a no brainer. Can Diamond and co really be considered a failure at this stage? I don't know enough about our financial situation to know whether all we can really afford is freebies from pals and these guys are genuinely the best we can get. They've not exactly had many games to attend to scout players either. What is clear though, is that signing this type of young player en masse doesn't work; we know that from Barry Ferguson's first transfer deadline day. The players simply aren't ready to go into these games; you saw how much time they thought they'd get on the ball today. If it is a result of a financial situation, and this is the best that was ever possible, then the club should communicate that to supporters. If DL/Diamond think this is the right way to go about assembling a squad, then that's a sackable offence.

Does the combined wages of Diamond and co, the fitness guru etc. give us the extra cash we need to get Thomas Reilly off his sofa at Kelty for a few weeks? If so, get it done. 

In amongst my doom and gloom I do think there's enough there to scrape 8th spot if we get a grip of reality; all we need to do is be better than dreadful Forfar/Dumbarton sides and with DGW we have a head start. Listening to Allan Moore talking about us as if we're some sort of tiki-taka dream team terrified me last night though. I felt Thomson and McGlinchey protected the back four better than anything else this season, albeit with inconsistent distribution from Thomson. However, I have no idea why we though it would be a good idea to play Cunningham WIDE on the right and Jamieson WIDE on the left. They were all but marked out of the game by the touchlines, they looked completely lost. When they had the ball, we didn't get other players near them. Get them tucked inside closer to DGW and play another midfielder deeper.

Guest andyp1301
12 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Not withstanding the person responsible, recruitment last summer and during this lockdown has been lamentable.

Agree fully. Which players have come to the Club through the recruitment set up and which have come through Danny's contacts? Doubt we'll get a straight answer but it wouldn't be hard to guess fairly accurately. And don't even start to credit GD with Lang's return from Dunfermline.

Guest andyp1301
10 hours ago, David W said:

I go back to summer 2019 as the real issue. The only good transfer business we did was bringing in Mitchell and Howie. I reckon today was the first time the latter played alongside Lang at centre half, which is bonkers. To the surprise of no-one, they played well. 

Given the boost of promotion, we should have done a lot better than Johnston, Wallace, Smith and Allison. Was Petkov the best player we could snaffle away from Hearts with Rankin's connection there? The retention of Duffie, Lyon, Fitzpatrick was a waste of money. I'd argue Love is in a similar boat but appreciate I'll be in the minority there. Offering 2 year contracts to Cuddihy, McNiff, the aforementioned Wallace/Johnston and in particular Rumsby was lunacy. Did we think other teams were going to come in and steal these guys? And if so, that they'd be irreplaceable?

We should have been looking to build for future seasons by bringing in two or three proven players to go alongside McStay, Grant and Rankin, with the likelihood that all three would perhaps being moving on a year down the line.  We didn't even bother signing a left back.

When you throw in names like Eddie Ferns, Steve Kipre, Adam Martin, Karim Belmokhtar, Joe Gorman.... Danny's record in the transfer market is a major black mark against him.

As such, the appointment of a team to assist in that side of things was a no brainer. Can Diamond and co really be considered a failure at this stage? I don't know enough about our financial situation to know whether all we can really afford is freebies from pals and these guys are genuinely the best we can get. They've not exactly had many games to attend to scout players either. What is clear though, is that signing this type of young player en masse doesn't work; we know that from Barry Ferguson's first transfer deadline day. The players simply aren't ready to go into these games; you saw how much time they thought they'd get on the ball today. If it is a result of a financial situation, and this is the best that was ever possible, then the club should communicate that to supporters. If DL/Diamond think this is the right way to go about assembling a squad, then that's a sackable offence.

Does the combined wages of Diamond and co, the fitness guru etc. give us the extra cash we need to get Thomas Reilly off his sofa at Kelty for a few weeks? If so, get it done. 

In amongst my doom and gloom I do think there's enough there to scrape 8th spot if we get a grip of reality; all we need to do is be better than dreadful Forfar/Dumbarton sides and with DGW we have a head start. Listening to Allan Moore talking about us as if we're some sort of tiki-taka dream team terrified me last night though. I felt Thomson and McGlinchey protected the back four better than anything else this season, albeit with inconsistent distribution from Thomson. However, I have no idea why we though it would be a good idea to play Cunningham WIDE on the right and Jamieson WIDE on the left. They were all but marked out of the game by the touchlines, they looked completely lost. When they had the ball, we didn't get other players near them. Get them tucked inside closer to DGW and play another midfielder deeper.

That's a great post David and sums matters up very well indeed. 

A few points.

!. We ShOULD know the current state of the finances...it's a fans owned Club.

2. It's appalling that we have come to trying to be better than awful Forfar and Dumbarton sides.

3. What about next season and beyond? Same same?

16 hours ago, andyp1301 said:

Yawn 

2 hours ago, andyp1301 said:

That's a great post David and sums matters up very well indeed. 

A few points.

!. We ShOULD know the current state of the finances...it's a fans owned Club.

2. It's appalling that we have come to trying to be better than awful Forfar and Dumbarton sides.

3. What about next season and beyond? Same same?

Yawn 

I really am beginning to wonder if we are holding back funds for non-footballing reasons. The loss attributable to a relegation will be much higher. On the other hand some will argue we should not risk the club by spending what we do not have. Waiting for annual accounts does not really enlighten much on the finances and relevant decision making.

6 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I really am beginning to wonder if we are holding back funds for non-footballing reasons. The loss attributable to a relegation will be much higher. On the other hand some will argue we should not risk the club by spending what we do not have. Waiting for annual accounts does not really enlighten much on the finances and relevant decision making.

Would be a safe assumption if a former charlatan of a chairman was looking to wind up the club .

13 hours ago, David W said:

Danny’s recruitment absolutely right to be questioned . The two year deals handed out to the ones you mentioned absolutely biting us on bum . Still that will be blamed on the current board and those responsible for recruiting 

Guest andyp1301
53 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

Yawn 

yeah yawn....the transparency not quite living up to the billing. A director resigns and the Club don't inform the Owners......nothing to see?