Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

"I’m still absolutely gutted we still can’t have the fans in, they mean so much. However, it’s great to know that they’ll be at home live streaming the game and we want to entertain them and give them the football that they deserve. We miss them, especially those moments when we score and we have those moments where the players run to the supporters. They're the moments that I cherish and I can’t wait for them to return."

I just love Danny Lennon so much, tbqhwy.

10 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

"I’m still absolutely gutted we still can’t have the fans in, they mean so much. However, it’s great to know that they’ll be at home live streaming the game and we want to entertain them and give them the football that they deserve. We miss them, especially those moments when we score and we have those moments where the players run to the supporters. They're the moments that I cherish and I can’t wait for them to return."

I just love Danny Lennon so much, tbqhwy.

Same. But I would take results over pretty football the now!

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

That’s came from a friend who plays for a team in their league and knows some of their players. I’d say he’s better placed to know than you or I.

The signing on fee bit is true however there is not a single player on their books on 500 quid a week. 

I won't say how I know that as not my place to say but most of their team on between 100-200pw with 4 on more than that, but all 4 are on less than 400pw.

Ps if stirling have those 3 guys then they have to pay the 3 guys full wages. 

4 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

The signing on fee bit is true however there is not a single player on their books on 500 quid a week. 

I won't say how I know that as not my place to say but most of their team on between 100-200pw with 4 on more than that, but all 4 are on less than 400pw.

So one bit is true and the other bit is a bit higher than the 'truth', and that created your 6 guys pishing themselves laughing emojis? You are easily amused.

If we were able to go to games I might be a bit more excited about a restart with a completely untested squad who give me the fear. It is just sitting in the house watching the telly ultimately.

2 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

So one bit is true and the other bit is a bit higher than the 'truth', and that created your 6 guys pishing themselves laughing emojis? You are easily amused.

There's only 5. I doubt you'll be put in charge of finances.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

8 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

So correct about the signing on fee and a stones throw out about 4 of the players wages.

and all funded through chicken restaurants ... *cough cough*

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Regarding today's defeat, we can be reassured by our manager that our players are looking sharp, enthusiastic and desperate to play again in training.

Three reasons for optimism:

1) Our match income will increase due to many more away fans subscribing to PPV to see their team score a barrow load of goals.

2) We have many Premier League team Colt players. These elite 20 year olds are just what we need for a tough relegation fight.

3) Danny's decision to select 3 centre halves across the back four give us greater protection from crosses by the opposition.

4) Our poor crossing into the box will lull the opposition into a false sense of security that Goodwillie can exploit to score a late consolation goal.

See Queen's Park are playing the rest of their home games at Broadwood this season while Colts are out of action. They're going to end the season with more wins there than us. 

Edited by C. Muir