Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

20 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Jesus. He's 21 now, some age to not have kicked a ball yet at senior level. 

Aye, not great news. I seen an interview with Gary Mac from a few years ago when it was mentioned that he was travelling with the first team for a game against Ayr alongside the McCrories, Cammy Palmer, Stephen Kelly and Glen Middleton. It's maybe telling that the only two that didn't end up starting or making the bench were Palmer and Thompson.

Saying that I'm not sure if it's maybe been an injury-type situation. It's pretty rare for a player to survive at Rangers until 21 without ever going out on loan or making the first team bench, from what I see players are normally shipped out before then.

Saying that, hopefully he works out. His contract is up this year so presumably he'll be released and might be a good option for Clyde going forward.

45 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Looks to me as if the Rangers laddies are in purely for numbers. Butterworth only played once for Edinburgh in the league below and Richie-Hosler and Thompson have never played a first-team game. 

Marky Munro is a right-back as has been mentioned, and so is Aidan Cassidy. I can see Bain at left back because he's a more natural full back than Martin McNiff, with McNiff as the second option. Munro has played a handful of first team games for Stenny and I've heard decent things from my Stenny-supporting pals, so he'd be my right back. My starting 11 if everyone is fit would be:

Mitchell

Munro     Lang       Rumsby       Bain

Cuddihy     McGlinchey

Love            Lamont        Cunningham

Goodwillie

Don’t disagree with that being a team given it’s who we have but doesn’t fill me with much optimism. No idea what the fullback are like and the Lang Rumsby partnership has shipped goal at alarming rate so far this year. 

Again no idea what McGlinchey is like,  so I hope he is in some way creative, otherwise we will severely struggle as that’s not what Cuddihy does. Big few weeks for Cunningham as I don’t think we have seen anywhere the best from him yet but I think he is a very decent player so fingers crossed. Ally Love is Ally Love! Great guy to have in the team; but as a sub or in certain games where his aggression and work rate is an asset but not regular starter for me.

Then again we have Goodwillie, so anything is possible 

Agree with others, it's unfortunate news.  First at a personal level for CJ, seem to remember picking up on the fact he was struggling a little bit in the early days of the lockdown last year, so hope he's getting the support needed.  Wish him well.   Also in a football sense, the year we got promoted a big factor in that was the role Norway & Banks played out wide.  Full backs aren't so used to that now, it's a nightmare for them & was good to watch.  Think the idea was CJ would fill Banks' roll but then Norway gets injured etc, real pity.  Don't know if his latest injury is a recurrence of the one he got early last season because if it is, that suggests it could be a pretty serious problem for him.

No idea what to expect really after all the disruption.  Would still like to see Craig Howie given more of a chance.  He benefited from getting a run of games, was looking the part and then yet another injury hit.  He's been unlucky, still think he could be a good player for us.  Suppose the best to hope for is they put a run of decent results together and get secure in the league, then like most teams take stock over the summer.   If there's playoffs, not sure of the thinking behind the 4 extra games after the 18 is completed when there's already a tight deadline to meet.  Also don't know if a Scottish Cup run would benefit financially in the circumstances should we get through against Keith.  TV or prize money for getting through each stage maybe ?  

Whole thing's a bit farcical but hopefully come out the other side relatively unscathed and get a proper pre season under their belts in the summer.  

4 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Don’t disagree with that being a team given it’s who we have but doesn’t fill me with much optimism. No idea what the fullback are like and the Lang Rumsby partnership has shipped goal at alarming rate so far this year. 

Again no idea what McGlinchey is like,  so I hope he is in some way creative, otherwise we will severely struggle as that’s not what Cuddihy does. Big few weeks for Cunningham as I don’t think we have seen anywhere the best from him yet but I think he is a very decent player so fingers crossed. Ally Love is Ally Love! Great guy to have in the team; but as a sub or in certain games where his aggression and work rate is an asset but not regular starter for me.

Then again we have Goodwillie, so anything is possible 

God help us if we are hoping Lamont is going to get us out of this mess. Young Barry is not a midfield player either.

20/03/2021 East Fife SL1 H 3:00pm - - -
23/03/2021 Keith SC A 7:45pm - - -
27/03/2021 Montrose SL1 A 3:00pm - - -
30/03/2021 Peterhead SL1 A 7:45pm - - -
01/04/2021 East Fife SL1 A 7:45pm - - -
06/04/2021 Cove Rangers SL1 H 7:00pm - - -
08/04/2021 Forfar Athletic SL1 H 7:00pm - - -
10/04/2021 Falkirk SL1 A 3:00pm - - -
13/04/2021 Partick Thistle SL1 A 7:00pm - - -
17/04/2021 Dumbarton SL1 H 3:00pm - - -
20/04/2021 Forfar Athletic SL1 A 7:45pm - - -

Looks like we got away with the covid situation.

However, there's no doubt it's came at a heavy cost. We must have one of the toughest fixture schedules a team has had in quite a while, and one of the worst squads with which to try and complete it.

Still, at least we don't need to play Airdrie.

28 minutes ago, David W said:

However, there's no doubt it's came at a heavy cost. We must have one of the toughest fixture schedules a team has had in quite a while, and one of the worst squads with which to try and complete it.

Mental. Season end brought forward 10 days too from a 1st May finish to accomadate this daft split presumably.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place with the Scottish Cup. Could really do with a run financially but equally it's going to be tough staying in League 1 as it is without adding cup ties to an already crazy league schedule. 

Edited by C. Muir

31 minutes ago, David W said:

That's an absolutely horrendous schedule.  I thought originally it was all to be completed by around late May.  2 or 3 days between each game for a full time team would be bad enough.  Totally farcical

Few Questions

Will the H&A imbalance be evened out after the split

How are we going to fit in 2 called off games if allowed

Where these fixtures the original remaining games pre split or have they just been made up within last 24hours

Can we just play Keith on the toss of a coin from a neutral grounds Half way line

Finally Anyone got Kenny Wilsons number

On 15/03/2021 at 11:42, BrigtonClyde said:

Agree with others, it's unfortunate news.  First at a personal level for CJ, seem to remember picking up on the fact he was struggling a little bit in the early days of the lockdown last year, so hope he's getting the support needed.  Wish him well.   Also in a football sense, the year we got promoted a big factor in that was the role Norway & Banks played out wide.  Full backs aren't so used to that now, it's a nightmare for them & was good to watch.  Think the idea was CJ would fill Banks' roll but then Norway gets injured etc, real pity.  Don't know if his latest injury is a recurrence of the one he got early last season because if it is, that suggests it could be a pretty serious problem for him.

Will pixilot be allowed in to film the s games

On 15/03/2021 at 11:42, BrigtonClyde said:

No idea what to expect really after all the disruption.  Would still like to see Craig Howie given more of a chance.  He benefited from getting a run of games, was looking the part and then yet another injury hit.  He's been unlucky, still think he could be a good player for us.  Suppose the best to hope for is they put a run of decent results together and get secure in the league, then like most teams take stock over the summer.   If there's playoffs, not sure of the thinking behind the 4 extra games after the 18 is completed when there's already a tight deadline to meet.  Also don't know if a Scottish Cup run would benefit financially in the circumstances should we get through against Keith.  TV or prize money for getting through each stage maybe ?  

Whole thing's a bit farcical but hopefully come out the other side relatively unscathed and get a proper pre season under their belts in the summer.  

13 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Just had a read at the update the club sent out, what a great guy Norrie Innes is...

We need to start seeing through people like him who are supposedly all for the club. 

Amazing that some still want to hear his side - you know the side where he wants to wind club up . 

Clowns 

Just had a read at the update the club sent out, what a great guy Norrie Innes is...
We need to start seeing through people like him who are supposedly all for the club. 
Lost all faith in the board after reading that update, what a shambolic situation!

On 16/03/2021 at 21:30, shawfield shed boy said:

Few Questions

Will the H&A imbalance be evened out after the split

How are we going to fit in 2 called off games if allowed

Where these fixtures the original remaining games pre split or have they just been made up within last 24hours

Can we just play Keith on the toss of a coin from a neutral grounds Half way line

Finally Anyone got Kenny Wilsons number

Will pixilot be allowed in to film the games??

8 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
10 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Lost all faith in the board after reading that update, what a shambolic situation!

Its horrendous reading

Thought Gordon Thomson in saying about 'disappointing fixture calendar' and 'a heavily congested fixture card's was saying something different from Danny's  'I'd still rather play all 27 matches, but if we can't do that, then my preference is 22 as opposed to just 18.'

Wish I shared DL's optimism